Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA begs for Freddie Award

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Last year I voted for Alaska. This year I'll probably repeat. And that's as a 200k EQM / $25k EQD EXP who will probably put similar numbers up again this year. If they expand SDC benefits and bring back 8 SWUs; maybe I'd reconsider
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:46 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Is it only US-based airlines?

If not, I’d vote Singapore Airlines based solely on their always-available long-haul J awards with almost no fees.

And you can transfer both Chase AND Citi points directly to their program!

Best all around in MY book!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
If you have to ask for recognition, you probably don't deserve it.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Hmm. Lemme think about that, AA.

OK. EQD based upgrade priority after status, EQD themselves, Basic Economy expanded to AY, BA and IB, Tiny Tots seating and served IFE coming to all narrowbodies, 4 SWU instead of 8, dynamic cost for awards following further restrictions of SAAver availability... nah!
YES!

Originally Posted by asf-07
To be clear, we're simply discussing why we aren't acting on the pAAthetic attempt to get votes for these awards. I use AA because of convenience - I'm located near DFW. I fly a lot and therefore have high status with the airline. The vast majority of changes they have made as a company recently are either net neutral or negative to me as a frequent flyer, but it isn't so negative that it has made me switch (yet). That said, it is negative enough that I have absolutely no interest in voting for this program in these awards, especially considering just how much they're going to circle j**k themselves about it and remind us about it as often as we get the god awful credit card pitch on every damn flight. No thanks.
This describes how I am/feel.

"No soup for you, AA!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I saw that email. I simply deleted it.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm stuck paying cash for positioning flights to hubs because AA won't release any Saver Y or F seats from ANY North Carolina airport to ANY New York City Airport on the dates I'm traveling (which are months in advance). But yet I'm supposed to vote for AAdvantage?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
OK... You want my vote.... EARN IT!
Here's a list of what I think AA could do to get me to vote for them. Believe me, I WANT to be able to vote for AA. Like JDiver, I’ve been flying AA since 1956. going over 1MM this year.

Most important. The difference between a good flight and a bad one is usually the FA’s attitude. Many have great attitudes, unfortunately too many don’t.

The rest are in no particular order.
  • · Return of 8 SWU's
  • · Stop the Lifetime MM benefits carnage... My goodness... we are your best customers!
  • · Do not require PPlat & EXP's to buy/use 500 miles upgrade coupons for their traveling companion that they are unable to earn. $200 for my wife/child to upgrade to the coast to coast due… and if you continue to do it, take coupons based on Departure airport to Arrival airport… No based on each segment.
  • · Leave a Credit Card application in every seat Y pocket and STOP THE in air advertising. In high school we broadcast to the schools lunch rooms… we had a saying… “We turn you on, but you can’t turn us off”
  • · Open up YUP fares early.
  • · Allow Elites to select seats on Basic Fares.
  • · Ease up on SAAvers. Banked mileage is a liability for the airline.
  • · Make it easier for your Res Agents to find availability on OW partners reward travel.
  • · Like adding PE… Usually there is a better return on an investment and not in penny pinching.
  • · Allow pax on AA codeshare Non-OW flight to get benefits, check-in, boarding, lounge
  • · Worry more about your employees and customers than executive’s bonuses based on penny pinching.

This is a start, please add your comments to the list.

Last edited by MarJon; Mar 3, 2018 at 2:38 am Reason: Add item about codeshare
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

More relevantly , what makes the other programmes of the major schemes better in total than AA - if it isn't the best then no reason to vote for it, but begging for changes to get a vote seems not to make much sense

either it is the best or it isnt
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
This was the response I sent after I got their request:
Hello-my apologies for not writing this while in flight, as I had intended, but we lost the internet 1/2 way thru the flight. Of course, this gave me time while inflight to compose this message, at least until my back started bothering me from the broken seat I was sitting in. Probably a good thing the internet went down since it would have been difficult to type this message on my computer given that the tray tables on this plane don't actually fit the seats they are attached to, making it an unstable surface for my tablet or lunch tray. Good thing the change to unsalted butter gave me a reason to not eat the dinner roll that came w/my salad, thereby finishing my lunch quicker & leaving room for the 2 bites of dessert I could tolerate before I gave up on it. Fortunately, I was able to work off those calories while I trekked to 3 out of the 4 baggage carousels in PHX. Happily I was able to continue composing this message w/o the PHX baggage staff distracting me by making announcements about the 3 carousel changes. Now that I have finished manually filling in all the demographic information to required to contact American, despite already being logged into my account, we can move on to the purpose of this message. While I appreciate your request for my support & vote in the Freddy Awards, & despite all 'going for greatness' today, I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your request. Again. Sincerely,Your paying pax who is about to hit Million Miler & achieve airline free agency!
Spiff, Dallas49er, MarJon and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Austin787
I saw that email. I simply deleted it.
- That was my first reaction as well. Now I will dig the deleted e-mail out and will spend 5 min to express my dissatisfaction with the current state
of AAdvantage.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by txrus
This was the response I sent after I got their request:
Hello-my apologies for not writing this while in flight, as I had intended, but we lost the internet 1/2 way thru the flight. Of course, this gave me time while inflight to compose this message, at least until my back started bothering me from the broken seat I was sitting in. Probably a good thing the internet went down since it would have been difficult to type this message on my computer given that the tray tables on this plane don't actually fit the seats they are attached to, making it an unstable surface for my tablet or lunch tray. Good thing the change to unsalted butter gave me a reason to not eat the dinner roll that came w/my salad, thereby finishing my lunch quicker & leaving room for the 2 bites of dessert I could tolerate before I gave up on it. Fortunately, I was able to work off those calories while I trekked to 3 out of the 4 baggage carousels in PHX. Happily I was able to continue composing this message w/o the PHX baggage staff distracting me by making announcements about the 3 carousel changes. Now that I have finished manually filling in all the demographic information to required to contact American, despite already being logged into my account, we can move on to the purpose of this message. While I appreciate your request for my support & vote in the Freddy Awards, & despite all 'going for greatness' today, I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your request. Again. Sincerely,Your paying pax who is about to hit Million Miler & achieve airline free agency!
No credit card announcements?
MarJon and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I think it's still funny that we're 2 full months into 2018 and AA is still bragging about being "Air Transit's 2017 Airline of the Year" on their PA announcements.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by econometrics
I think it's still funny that we're 2 full months into 2018 and AA is still bragging about being "Air Transit's 2017 Airline of the Year" on their PA announcements.
Having been caught up in the nightmare that is the AS-VX merger this past week, I have new appreciation for how AA-US went down (which I think was the main reason for that award).
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I don't have an issue with the Advantage program as much as I have an issue with AA in general. The program is fine (and better than SkyMiles) but the airline is a steaming pile of horse manure. That said, I will never vote to award a company that begs me to vote for them so they can then use the award as bragging rights for how amazing they are while they continue to kick me in the balls.
MarJon and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM
I’ve been EXP for 10 consecutive years. Got the email from AA, and I purposely voted for other programs this go-around. In the past, my #1 vote for AA would have been automatic. The AAdvantage program traditionally made me so loyal that I paid more for AA and never looked at other carriers. I made irrational purchasing decisions in favor of AA because of the AAdvantage program of yesteryear. No more.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
To all of you listing your various reasons here for not voting for AA -please be sure to take the time to tell AA that you are not voting for them and WHY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.