Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Refitted 757-200 LUS “East” used in Hawaii service >2017: seats, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Current 757 aircraft used to Hawaii (mostly ex-PHX) and a few short trips from PHX are 10 in Number, all Legacy US Airways “East” 757-200s that have been reconfigured with 12 standard domestic First reclining seats, and 176 Main Cabin / Economy seats (including 38 Main Cabin Extra seats). See the current seat diagram of this aircraft on SeatGuru; also see the ad hoc chart in post #1.

See here on the (unofficial) American Fleet Site for registration numbers, etc. Five are listed with 2KU WiFi, five not. All IFE is overhead screens. It says no power, it one aircraft is said to offer power in F.

The original “757H” US 757s have been retired from AA service. Of the ten 757s used in Hawaii Service, three actually served with America West.
Print Wikipost

Refitted 757-200 LUS “East” used in Hawaii service >2017: seats, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:45 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
Similar question, just running into this airplane on DFW-PHL which I see this summer is 2x daily on a 757-200.

Is this the international version, Hawaii version, or some older LUS version?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfw
Similar question, just running into this airplane on DFW-PHL which I see this summer is 2x daily on a 757-200.

Is this the international version, Hawaii version, or some older LUS version?

Thanks for the help.
Eastiest way to figure out which version you’re looking at is to count the number of F seats. If F has 12 seats, it’s the Hawaiian version (LUS). If it’s 16, it’s the reconfigured LAA planes with lie flats.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:51 pm

Anyone have an update on which planes have wifi installed? I feel like AA Fleet Site may not be up to date (last update 5/20/18).
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Looking at a trip via PHX next month and one option in F is the AA 757-200. Do I dare take this one? I could fly via DFW instead.

Power? Wifi?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Looking at a trip via PHX next month and one option in F is the AA 757-200. Do I dare take this one? I could fly via DFW instead.

Power? Wifi?
Go DFW.......the difference in comfort is significant.
hawaii-bound likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer

Power? Wifi?
The link in the Wikipost to the unofficial AA fleet site says largely “no”, “no” and “no”. Unless it’s significantly shorter and you don’t mind the inconveniences, of course.
jcatman likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
Go DFW.......the difference in comfort is significant.
Plus the food is better, too. The PHX flights are uniformly awful in F, IME. Oddly, pmUS did a MUCH better job on this route from a service perspective than AA does.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by PHL
The AA seat map in the first post of this thread seems to indicate there its a bulkhead right in front of all of row 13. I've never seen a layout like that on a 757 where, at the 2L entrance, you have a bulkhead immediately to the right after boarding as opposed to having those 3 seats with 4 feet of legroom. Is that bulkhead icon accurate?

If it's what I'm surmising from the posts here, then I would concur with that 13BC are great for the legroom, as well as 12DE. There is no 12F due to the exit door, so it's a good pair of seats for a couple traveling. I've flown in 12D (well, whatever it was on the LUS 757 ETOPS) PHL-AMS and always had a really great 6.5-7 hour trip. My 2nd choice would be 13BC and then something back in row 30. And no, the lav foot traffic shouldn't be a problem on a long overnight flight.
Can anyone answer the questions this poster had? Also, any idea why 13F isn't a premium seat? Is it a bad seat?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by donotblink
Can anyone answer the questions this poster had? Also, any idea why 13F isn't a premium seat? Is it a bad seat?
The only pic I can find on the webs isn't particularly good, but it might help. Scroll through the article here: https://www.jeffsetter.com/american-airlines-phx-hnl/

Interestingly, when you book on one of these in AA, the seat map actually shows a bulkhead between rows 12 and 13, but this can't be true, as it would split the exit doors with a bulkhead.

13F likely isn't a "premium" seat because the exit door protrudes perhaps 6 inches into your available leg/foot space, so you won't be able to stretch your right leg straight out. I assume the same issue with your left leg regarding 13A.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Sep 27, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just Replace those LUS757 already

Swap them out... the sooner the better.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Do these planes have footrests in First Class like the old pmUS 757's? Or are they standard domestic First Class seats?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Do these planes have footrests in First Class like the old pmUS 757's? Or are they standard domestic First Class seats?
No footrests, you do not even have decent seat pitch or recline on these planes.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:16 am

Row 30

How is row 30 on this aircraft? Worth $22 for a middle seat? I'm tall and flying 6 hour redeye KOA-PHX.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AA 1MM
I have a few questions;

1- I flew PHX-HNL and there were 14FC seats, 3 rows and 4 rows on each side. I was in the first row with a bulkhead, by far the worst FC seat in all my flying, poor recline and less room for my feet than in coach. Was this an original America West 752?

2- The current 752'a flying PHX-Hawaii are refurbished East coast LUS, but what were the previous configs? Were they domestic recliner or were they lie flats doing PHL-Europe?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by tikchik
I have a few questions;

1- I flew PHX-HNL and there were 14FC seats, 3 rows and 4 rows on each side. I was in the first row with a bulkhead, by far the worst FC seat in all my flying, poor recline and less room for my feet than in coach. Was this an original America West 752?

2- The current 752'a flying PHX-Hawaii are refurbished East coast LUS, but what were the previous configs? Were they domestic recliner or were they lie flats doing PHL-Europe?
1- Yes, this was an old HP 75H. These have been replaced by the “new” LUS 75H. (Old US-east 757s)

2. They were neither. LUS never had lie flats on the 757s. The current 75H are the old international 757s. They had extra reclining recliners with a footrest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.