Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to annual or Citi Exec Card Admirals Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to annual or Citi Exec Card Admirals Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 2:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, the actual answer is "not with oneworld, but maybe anyway".

Use the Lounge Dashboard sticky and look up the lounges for your destination, or check with aa.com lounge locations guide here.

Though oneworld sensu stricto doesn't recognize Admirals Club membership for access, what appears to be a modestly growing number of oneworld and contract lounges do. Examples in Europe would be DUS airberlin Lounge, FRA Sakura Lounge, MXP SEA ViaMilano Sala Montale, ZRH The Zürich Lounge.

AA has reciprocity agreements with the AS Board Room and Qantas (albeit the latter has become more limited recently).

As a longtime Club member, I'm grateful AA has gone the extra mile to gain us admission to some lounges other than Admirals Club.

Last edited by JDiver; May 18, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Old May 18, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
This is certainly a downstep from US Club membership where one had access to *A clubs.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by iztok
This is certainly a downstep from US Club membership where one had access to *A clubs.
This was a great benefit, thus I thought it would be the same with oneworld?
Old May 20, 2015, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
This was a great benefit, thus I thought it would be the same with oneworld?
Only some, those that AA is establishing reciprocity or access agreements with. Otherwise, with oneworld lounges, it's about oneworld status or class of service based access. See the LoungevDashboard sticky thread for specific agreements, lounges.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:32 pm

Admiral lounge without physical credit card (to merge)

I forgot to bring my Citi Executive card for using the Nashville airport lounge . Would providing the cit card number or/ and showing a recent statement of account activity be sufficient?

Thanks
Old May 24, 2015, 5:54 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
You shouldn't have a problem as it is advertised as a actual membership which should also be tied to your advantage number.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You don't need a card. Just the AA # and a piece of ID will do.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Your BP should also work
Old May 24, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Citi Executive card offers "real" Admirals Club membership. As another poster said, show your BP and your ID. If you haven't had a member photo taken, they will use your ID photo.

If you do have a member photo, your ID will no longer be necessary.

I have never once used my physical credit card for entry.
Old May 24, 2015, 7:30 pm

They have "you" in the records as an AA Club member. Just present identification and say / show your AAdvantage number; that's sufficient. If you wish, they can scan your driver's license and you'll not have to show identification again.

We'll move this to the "Combined" forum, as the U.S. Club and Admirals Club program are combined into Admirals Club - and from there into the Club / Citi Executive Card master thread.

/Moderator
Old May 25, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I sure this question has been posed before, but to agents of other airlines where AA has reciprocal agreements recognize the Exec card as an actual club card? E.g., QF lounges in SYD or AKL?
Old May 25, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I sure this question has been posed before, but to agents of other airlines where AA has reciprocal agreements recognize the Exec card as an actual club card? E.g., QF lounges in SYD or AKL?
I experienced this problem at the beginning of the merger when Citi Exec cardholders were first allowed access to US Airways Clubs (when they were separate entities and not merged with Admirals Clubs). My card was always recognized as a membership card. Sometimes it would take getting a supervisor to verify it, but it was recognized as a membership card.

I think they should recognize it because of the Admirals Club verbiage on the back, but someone may be able to offer more info than me. I have had no problem accessing lounges of other airlines (but maybe that had something to do with my oneworld Emerald status).
Old May 25, 2015, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I think you had better refresh yourself with the Qantas lounge access requirements, because unless you're flying out of SYDNEY or AKL on an AA codeshare you're out of luck if you're relying alone on Admirals Club for lounge access. It's not a beneficial change at all from the old reciprocity benefit.

For other Ailine airport lounges with reciprocal access, no card no entry, since your member status won't show on their systems nor on your boarding pass.

Last edited by JDiver; May 25, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Lounge Access Question

I entered the CLT B/C Admirals Club a few minutes ago. As I checked in, I overheard a bit of the conversation taking place between a fellow traveler and the agent next to the one helping me.

This guy was attempting to enter the club using his AmEx Platinum card. Of course, US/AA stopped allowing admittance using AmEx Platinum a while back. The guy was pleasant with the agent, took her "no" in stride, and started collecting his things to head for the exit.

Since I am traveling alone tonight, I figured I'd help the guy out. I told the guy he could come in with me and asked the agent admitting me to allow the other guy access as my guest. She refused, stating that the other gentleman and I must be traveling on the same PNR for him to be admitted as my guest. This I knew to be BS, so I asked her if that was a new regulation because I have traveled innumerable times in the past with family and/or friends who were on separate PNRs and I have never encountered any difficulty getting them into the club with me. She retreated a bit, stating that I must come in at the same time as my guest. I had, admittedly, entered some 30 seconds or so after this guy, but that can't be a rule either -- I have too many experiences which suggest otherwise.

Long story short -- the guy thanked me and wandered off, but I stayed and asked the agent to show me something that stipulated that I had to have any kind of relationship at all to a guest of mine. She printed off something that simply said I was allowed to bring immediate family or up to two guests (without further stipulation). When I pointed out that the rules she presented to me didn't support her argument, she said that their agent training protocols (which she couldn't / wouldn't produce) specifically stated that a member must present himself with his/her guests, and because it was clear to her that I didn't know this guy, she was supposed to disallow his entry.

Don't how how to explain why I was miffed about this, except that is seemed petty and unnecessary, and that I sensed that her rigidity had a bit of condescension buried in it.

Anyone know what The Rule really is here? Just curious....

Last edited by OverpaidSlacker; Jun 17, 2015 at 8:17 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by OverpaidSlacker
I entered the CLT B/C Admirals Club a few minutes ago. As I checked in, I overheard a bit of the conversation taking place between a fellow traveler and the agent next to the one helping me.

This guy was attempting to enter the club using his AmEx Platinum card. Of course, US/AA stopped allowing admittance using AmEx Platinum a while back. The guy was pleasant with the agent, took her "no" in stride, and started collecting his things to head for the exit.

Since I am traveling alone tonight, I figured I'd help the guy out. I told the guy he could come in with me and asked the agent admitting me to allow the other guy access as my guest. She refused, stating that the other gentleman and I must be traveling on the same PNR for him to be admitted as my guest. This I knew to be BS, so I asked her if that was a new regulation because I have traveled innumerable times in the past with family and/or friends who were on separate PNRs and I have never encountered any difficulty getting them into the club with me. She retreated a bit, stating that I must come in at the same time as my guest. I had, admittedly, entered some 30 seconds or so after this guy, but that can't be a rule either -- I have too many experiences which suggest otherwise.

Long story short -- the guy thanked me and wandered off, but I stayed and asked the agent to show me something that stipulated that I had to have any kind of relationship at all to a guest of mine. She printed off something that simply said I was allowed to bring immediate family or up to two guests (without further stipulation). When I pointed out that the rules she presented to me didn't support her argument, she aaid that their agent training protocols (which she couldn't /wouldn't produce) specifically stated that a member must present himself with his/her guests, and because it was clear to her that I didn't know this guy, she was supposed to disallow his entry.

Don't how how to explain why I was miffed about this, except that is seemed petty and unnecessary, and that I sensed that her rigidity had a bit of condescension buried in it.

Anyone know what The Rule really is here? Just curious....
Another example of rules being made up on the fly. In the years that I was an AC member, I've never been required to show a relationship with the person I chose to guest into the club. I suggest writing it up and send to AC for their review. Sounds like a AAngel needs some re-training.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.