Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Flagship Lounge at D30 (new Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

This lounge is amazing. It offers
  • 3 tiered entry control, with an agent standing outside, two more sitting right inside, and two more upstairs in front of the real entrance, plus 3 desks for rebooking inside
  • Lots of space. Like, endless space.
  • Business center
  • Nice view from winebar
  • 6 awesome big shower rooms with ensuite toilet
  • Hot and cold buffet
  • Arepas station
  • Bollinger champagne and wine bar
  • Table service
  • Flagship Dining for some three or so 3 class F flights to LHR, GRU and MAD (off top of head)
  • TV / Cinema room
  • Tea and hot chocolate station with Marshmallows
  • Power in every seat
  • Good internet

When you enter, turn left towards the bar and view

Lots of seats

They are prepared with the Bollinger

More seats, when you turn right, there are the showers as well

One of six really nice shower rooms with toilet

Flagship Dining Menu

More Flagship Dining Menu Pics

Flagship Dining Room

Wine bar with view

Premium Bar - self serve optional

Arepas Station

Buffet

And more seats

Tea with Marshmallows

Arepa with Champagne
JDiver, ijgordon, ESpen36 and 7 others like this.

Last edited by f4free; Nov 22, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Is there a business centre with some form of privacy cubicles/pens so that one can get some work done at this lounge? I wonder if all those who flood the Amex lounge will now take over this facility.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Thanks a ton for this review! We are scheduled to fly AA C MIA - SCL at the end of the year, so I'm really looking forward to visiting this lounge. It'll be night and day compared to the last time I flew AA C out of MIA to EZE and spent time in the crowded and underwhelming AC. I remember being hungry to the point of getting a hot dog from Nathan's after leaving the AC...
f4free likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:55 am

As this thread is not a trip report, it has been moved to the AA forum.

DanielW
Moderator, Trip Reports.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by techie
Is there a business centre with some form of privacy cubicles/pens so that one can get some work done at this lounge? I wonder if all those who flood the Amex lounge will now take over this facility.
No, that was my complaint of the lounge (along with the noise). I wandered around the entire lounge twice and finally settled on a chair against the wall facing into the lounge with a "pull-up" table for my laptop. The business center only has bar/counter-style workspaces, so your laptop's screen is visible to anyone walking behind you. It is a bit separate so there's not that much foot traffic, but not a good set-up for confidentiality.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by f4free

With the food menu so focused on latin-inspired dishes and tastes, it's surprising to see only Spanish and French white wines and only one Argentinean red. Thee are a lot of excellent Argentinean and Chilean wines beyond Malbec.
fedechat likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Thanks! Looking forward to my visit tomorrow.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Visited this lounge today. To say it is huge doesn't really capture the scope and size.

I found the food offerings good, but some of the items were rather dry...it may be b/c today (Thanksgiving) is a slow day. There are 2 separate food stations, btw, with one offering a subset of the other, but in a less trafficked area. I continue to be disappointed by the dessert offerings in FSLs...in some ways, I prefer the normal AC offerings (!)

The area with the computers is not entirely obvious in its location. I concur it isn't that good for privacy, but I am glad it is here b/c I like to use their workstations for casual web browsing when traveling.

Apparently they can't look up your eligibility using your AAdvantage number...they need an actual boarding pass, or in my case since I didn't have one handy, they needed to look me up by name. (this was after they insisted I wasn't eligible for entry)

All in all, definitely a nice club, much better than the JFK FSL.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
It is huge and I have only wandered around a bit to the quiet part (I needed to do some work). The entry area on the main level does not feel like an Admirals Club (say at ORD), but more like checking in a budget hotel. Plenty of seating but perhaps could use some sound proofing/acoustic tile as noise seems to carry quite a way.
zpaul likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by zpaul
With the food menu so focused on latin-inspired dishes and tastes, it's surprising to see only Spanish and French white wines and only one Argentinean red. Thee are a lot of excellent Argentinean and Chilean wines beyond Malbec.
AA has never excelled at selecting wines
zpaul likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 869
AA has never excelled at selecting wines
This is true, although the wines on offer in the other Flagship Lounges are pretty good. Not earth-shattering, but good.

I think it also has to do with the vendors they are constrained to work with at MIA. IIRC from a discussion on the AMEX forum, they were unable to offer the kind of wine selection they would have preferred w/r/t South American wines because at MIA (probably for both contractual and security efficiency reasons), wines that one establishment buys must also be available to other establishments in the airport at the same price, or something like that. So there isn't an opportunity for AA, I imagine, to negotiate on its own separately from the vendor agreements that MIA likely pushes them to. I could be completely wrong, and totally misremembering. But I recall a discussion like this, and it might explain some of why AA doesn't offer the variety one might expect at the lounge in MIA.

ETA: You would think, if that were the case, that AA is a powerful enough tenant at MIA to do whatever the hell it wants, but who knows...
zpaul likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Some Flagship Dining Room pics. I took them yesterday. Place was empty. Except for the staff that is, who were happy to chat

fedechat likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:09 pm

the giant round yellow sticker saying CAUTION AUTOMATIC DOOR just the perfect touch of class
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:25 am

Figured I'd ask here, rather than over in the BA forum as it's an AA facility. Does anyone know if BA passengers ticketed in First get access to flagship dining? Or is it restricted to AA passengers only? I believe that CX came to an arrangement with AA at the JFK facility so wondered if it was the case here at Miami?

I'm also fully aware of the irony of the potential for BA passengers to be denied to a superior AA lounge facility at Miami - how things can change over the course of a few years!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Figured I'd ask here, rather than over in the BA forum as it's an AA facility. Does anyone know if BA passengers ticketed in First get access to flagship dining? Or is it restricted to AA passengers only? I believe that CX came to an arrangement with AA at the JFK facility so wondered if it was the case here at Miami?

I'm also fully aware of the irony of the potential for BA passengers to be denied to a superior AA lounge facility at Miami - how things can change over the course of a few years!
If it's an AA marketed flight you will have access, otherwise not: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.