Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA's renovated LAX T4 Admirals Club is now open... this is the best AA could do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's renovated LAX T4 Admirals Club is now open... this is the best AA could do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by flatlander
Any knowledgeable Int'l J and F person would be over in the QF lounges if they had time to get there, as well as any of the transcontinental premium crowd who had a non-AA FF card. So the AC should currently have only most of the transcontinental J and F to lose to the FL.

I bet that AC will still be crowded even when the FL takes all the former people.
I think that the vast majority of lounge-eligible travellers go to the lounge operated or contracted by the airline they're flying, so I don't think the QF lounges actually relieve the load on AA lounges for AA travellers all that much. Therefore, I do think the FL will relieve the AC crowd a fair amount. Doesn't mean the AC won't continue to be crowded, of course!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Yikes
GuyverII and jcatman like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm pretty happy it's unlikely that I'll be ever using that lounge! Fingers crossed for the Flagship, and I wonder when/ if a Centurion lounge will turn up.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Well that went about as expected.

I was in the ORD h/k lounge frequently while it was still under partial construction in Spring 2017. The minimalist/bright neutral look was fresh and clean after the dozen plus years of its old theme, but still rather underwhelming. I held judgement beyond that due to it still being in progress.

With the large windows in the LAX AC, I would have thought that adjustments would be made for the more open and bright natural light sources against the light color pallet AA has chosen. But apparently not- grab your tray and get in line for the cafeteria it feels like.
As others mentioned, the crowded feeling should hopefully subside with the FL soon to be open (ETA on that anyone???).

But for an upcoming 6 hour mid-afternoon layover in January at LAX, I think TBIT and the Qantas Biz lounge will be the lounge de jure unless the T4 FL opens and is a notch up from SFO777's pictures.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by jtav559
Well that went about as expected.

I was in the ORD h/k lounge frequently while it was still under partial construction in Spring 2017. The minimalist/bright neutral look was fresh and clean after the dozen plus years of its old theme, but still rather underwhelming. I held judgement beyond that due to it still being in progress.

With the large windows in the LAX AC, I would have thought that adjustments would be made for the more open and bright natural light sources against the light color pallet AA has chosen. But apparently not- grab your tray and get in line for the cafeteria it feels like.
As others mentioned, the crowded feeling should hopefully subside with the FL soon to be open (ETA on that anyone???).

But for an upcoming 6 hour mid-afternoon layover in January at LAX, I think TBIT and the Qantas Biz lounge will be the lounge de jure unless the T4 FL opens and is a notch up from SFO777's pictures.
Bolding above, mine.

See this thread, post #896 , courtesy of JonNYC:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...novations.html
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by cmd320
Honestly it looks pretty much the same from what I remember, just with a cheapened/more minimalist theme. Not really sure what took them so long to come up with that "renovation".
Yes, what's different? I was there a little too often the past year and it looks exactly the same except for more colorful chairs?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by cmd320
Honestly it looks pretty much the same from what I remember, just with a cheapened/more minimalist theme. Not really sure what took them so long to come up with that "renovation".
THIS. THIS. ^

And to your point SFO, what was the point (and why'd it take so darn long)?? Some carpet, new furniture, and light fixtures. I guess AA had to take six months to be ABSOLUTELY sure they had the cheapest bidder.

And I suppose addressing the sizing/space changes (dedicating more space to the FL and less to the AC).

Last edited by GotCalcio4; Nov 22, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by jtav559
Well that went about as expected.: rolleyes :

OK, I was just in there yesterday and didn't see these anywhere.

(I think you were looking for "palette.")
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Looks like less space with the additional tables.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
May be just me but I am not wild about the OW J lounge. QF F as we know is amazing but crowding aside I prefer JFK's new FL to LAX OW J. Assuming the LAX FL is up to the level of the other new ones I 100% would rather be in there than shlep over to TBIT for Transcon J
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
The AC has always been crowded for the past several years. Bathroom situation is terrible as well - hope they fixed that and added more toilets. This just looks a bit fresher but without adding more floor space it's gonna continue to be tight. Hopefully the Flagship Lounge opening will take some pressure off. Thankfully I won't be using it since attaining QF WP. The OW F lounge is a quiet oasis during the day, and hopefully the FL isn't too bad either.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
The AC has always been crowded for the past several years. Bathroom situation is terrible as well - hope they fixed that and added more toilets.
They did not. 2-3 urinals and 3 stalls in men's, as I recall.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
They did not. 2-3 urinals and 3 stalls in men's, as I recall.
That's a shame.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
OK, I was just in there yesterday and didn't see these anywhere.

(I think you were looking for "palette.")
When your job revolves around products and shipping, the subconscious mind does funny things!

But I wouldn't put it past AA to use mid-construction project materials as part of the finished product!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
There are several other areas not shown in pics. There are places to hide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.