Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Did I just get lucky or is this going to be the norm? $8 for first class upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did I just get lucky or is this going to be the norm? $8 for first class upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Gig103
Found the cost account manager...
Not even close.

I just find it mind boggling that people can be so wasteful with money that belongs to someone else... I hope the same people do not object to higher taxes due to wasteful government spending.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kb9522
I just find it mind boggling that people can be so wasteful with money that belongs to someone else... I hope the same people do not object to higher taxes due to wasteful government spending.
While you clearly have a political ax to grind, I don't see how this has any relevance to the thread.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I'd hardly consider over $500 for a STL-DFW roundtrip lucky, whether in Y or F.
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
AA 2190 is St Louis to DFW.

The fact that you'll pay $500+ on that flight, even if it is in a bigger seat, is not lucky at all. Typical fares are $100 or so.
The answer to both of you is that it depends on whether the OP was looking at a last-minute booking or whether it was for a long advance purchase. Last minute round trip from STL to DAL is currently $634 on Southwest, so I'd consider $543 round trip in F to perhaps be a good deal on a last-minute booking.

For departures Friday morning, there aren't any $100 flights.

Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
Assuming you're talking about a one-way...rt is usually $200-300 (but I've seen it as low as $160). Granted it's ambiguous whether OP is looking at a rt fare.
Doesn't look ambiguous to me. Looks like a round trip fare - did the OP attach the image long after the original post?

Originally Posted by rjw242
It's not an "upgrade." First happens to be comparable to economy on this flight. You'll often see similar around major US holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas when economy sells out but business travel is nil.

Also, a dollar a mile for a flight with negligible service in First isn't a great deal by any measure
It's not a dollar a mile - it's 49 cents per mile. For short-haul domestic F, that's not terrible. As I posted above, significantly less than Southwest for a last-minute booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.