Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Class Blankets (Can passengers take them?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Blankets (Can passengers take them?)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by enviroian
The ghost?
LOL no, the bedding company

http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr...r/default.aspx
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by JDiver
"Removing" a duvet from the AA cabin is theft, pure and simple.
While I would have no interest in taking one of these, I don't believe it's "theft, pure and simple."

From AA.com: Flagship Business – International -> Amenities -> Inflight Comfort (emphasis mine):

Settle in with your complimentary pillow and blanket provided so you arrive feeling refreshed.
From m-w.com: "Complimentary":

Given free as a courtesy or favor
Note that this section is just below that of the amenity kits. While the amenity kits aren't labeled as complimentary on the website, I believe it's acceptable to remove those from the plane. So strictly from reading the website, how is one to know that it's acceptable to take the amenity kit but not the blanket?

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:25 pm
formerly RZachSmith

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
That reminds me of a funny (embarrassing?) story... US used to clear out unused new condition, obsolete inventory service items online. (They gave away or sold ridiculously cheap some more durable items, like beverage carts, over the years too.)

One of the items I bought years ago was an unused duvet from US's short lived International First Class product. (For anyone scratching their head, yes, the original US A330s had 3 cabin classes when delivered.) Anyway, I haven't seen too many unique service items from that product floating out there over the years, so I kind of appreciate the nostalgia of that duvet.
It's not that I didn't trust you, but I had to see for myself, and you were right!

https://web.archive.org/web/20000816...al/FC_seat.htm

Paging through the archive, the website stopped referencing international first in February 2003.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I honestly always thought they were free to take. �� Like why can you take the PJs but not the blankets? Those new Casper amenities look quite enticing lol but I'll stop from now on
lbbzman and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
As a SPG person I would much prefer Westin on DL...though Casper products are decent to be honest.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by chenalex
I honestly always thought they were free to take. �� Like why can you take the PJs but not the blankets?
probably for the same reason you can't return used swimsuits to retail stores. They've been up against people's junk and who wants to wear them after that, washed or not? Seriously you can't compare blankets to a personal item of attire that someone has worn for 15 hours?
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I saw people selling safety cards or "give away" safety cards to Instagram followers. Disgusted.
we have a safety card.....

our son son used to be OBSESSED with them, to the point I would rush ahead and remove them from the seat back pockets (and give them to the FAs) because he would spend the bulk of the flight talking non-stop about the different Crash scenarios.

When he became wise to my tricks, he started asking the FAs for a safety card. One trip, a FA told him to take the card home. Christmas came early, it was given pride of place in his bedroom.

more than one crappy Envoy blanket accidentally came home with us. Not on purpose but because it got scooped up but accident. Those were so junky, they seemed disposable.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Now that they're rolling out new bedding, they will be asking pax to take the current, subpar J blankets home with them in late November.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please do remember to take your blankets with you as you deplane this morning. We hope they offer you the same erratic feelings of being too hot one minute and too cold the next at home, as they have on this flight."
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by chenalex
I honestly always thought they were free to take. �� Like why can you take the PJs but not the blankets? Those new Casper amenities look quite enticing lol but I'll stop from now on
I'll confess. I have five or six from over the years. NW, DL, CO, AA. My wife (who has flown two times) always finds a use around the house for them.

I will also confess that I had never noticed the "do not remove" tag until earlier this year (it was probably the first time I actually opened the package and used it on the plane). From that point forward I haven't taken them off the plane.

I'll send them a check.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
we have a safety card.....

our son son used to be OBSESSED with them, to the point I would rush ahead and remove them from the seat back pockets (and give them to the FAs) because he would spend the bulk of the flight talking non-stop about the different Crash scenarios.

When he became wise to my tricks, he started asking the FAs for a safety card. One trip, a FA told him to take the card home. Christmas came early, it was given pride of place in his bedroom.
Any interest in a safety card from Concorde?

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
I've taken a blanket off the plane before (with permission from the FA) and then brought it back to my connecting flight to be returned. The FA didn't seem to care too much regardless.

I took it mainly because I had an overnight layover (~5 hours) that was too long to sit around but too short to justify leaving the airport, shuttling to a hotel, sleeping for an hour or so, and back. Used the pillow/blanket mainly so I could sleep a bit more comfortably at the airport during my connection.
That's not theft, that's just borrowing!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:49 am

I waiting for the person with spanner’s undoing the seat to take them with them as they have paid for it ������������
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
If you bring a wrench with you, you can unbolt the seat from the floor and drag that off too.

There are some number of stores in Philadelphia as well as multiple online outlets which sell blankets.

Classic !!!

Perhaps you could use the wrench to detach the engine and try and flog it on eBay !?!
fotographer likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:19 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I find it hard to believe what I am reading. So taking the blanket is OK is the FA says it is. Candidly I find that hard to believe but let's imagine that she did more fool her - she's not paying for it. So, it's OK to take the crockery, the cutlery, the glasses - who know the toilet rolls? A bar trolley?

J. Diver will I suspect confirm that we come from a time when no one would dream of such a thing - so for the record I will say this. It is stealing as that blanket belongs to American Airlines and not to you.
skylady, aktchi and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
J. Diver will I suspect confirm that we come from a time when no one would dream of such a thing...
So you guys come from a time before airplanes then?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
So you guys come from a time before airplanes then?
Yes Dear - why else do you think that I was on the Titanic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.