Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by jcatman
Assuming you are asking about Flagship Dining......

Go to aa.com. Click on "Travel Information". Click on "Lounges". Click on "Flagship Lounge". Scroll down to "Flagship Dining".

If you are flying in First on the LAX-JFK transcon, you can access Flagship Dining at the beginning of your journey (when LAX gets it) and at the end of your journey in JFK.
Yes thats what I mean. Flying LAX-JFK Transcon Redeye arriving JFK around 6am in the morning in F. Would like to check out the flagship dining before I actually go into the city! It will be nice to have a visit there!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by anchor79
Yes thats what I mean. Flying LAX-JFK Transcon Redeye arriving JFK around 6am in the morning in F. Would like to check out the flagship dining before I actually go into the city! It will be nice to have a visit there!
At 6am, the entire FL will be peaceful. Check out the showers....they are elegant.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I don't see how much clearer it can be than:

Much like the BA Concorde Lounge, which is not available for EXP flying Y internationally, it's a class of service benefit- a special lounge that is not open to OWE in any cabin of service (the Flagship Lounge serves as that benefit for OWEs).

(BA does allow some GGLs status-based access to Flagship Dining. I suspect AA might do something similar for certain Concierge Key passengers, but it won't be discussed because CK benefits are kind of hush-hush.)

I received an aa.com email mailshot, saying I could get into flagship dining with my EXP status with any cabin internationally.

So what gives?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
I received an aa.com email mailshot, saying I could get into flagship dining with my EXP status with any cabin internationally.

So what gives?
Just curious, can you quote the exact verbiage contained in the email?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Flagship Dining seems awesome, but frankly it also seems like misused space given the lack of first class offered on AA and the apparent crowding in the rest of the lounge. I fly a decent amount of transcon first and I'm not sure how much I would use the benefit at JFK as I would have to get to the airport two hours earlier, and it takes long enough as it is to get to JFK. I would probably only use it on very early or very late flights (when I would want to sleep)
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:46 am
Suspended

So what gives?
You'd have to post the email to troubleshoot it.

Maybe someone was confused between flagship lounge vs flagship dining.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

So what gives?
Of course you can access Flagship Dining as an OWE, it's Flagship First Dining you need an F ticket for.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold

So what gives?
Are you confusing it with flagship check-in?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K
Was in FL in JFK yesterday. Great lounge. They let me peek into the new dining area and it was basically empty around lunchtime. They said loads have been pretty low only four people had used it the night before. Nice dining area for sure.

The little bar in there is nice. I'm not a big fan of open bar, I'd rather have a bartender make my drink.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Just had breakfast. Very good. Grill options include free range eggs, create your own omelet, eggs Benedict; steak, eggs and frites- as well as brioche French toast
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:23 pm

I like the bar lights.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I haven't been at the JFK FL in about a year. Is the Flagship Lounge at JFK completely renovated? Is there more space compared to before since they will be admitting International J passengers and OWS on international itineraries? How is the catering for the non-Flagship First Dining? Is it decent enough for pre-dining at the FL and skip the on-board meal on the TATL red-eye flights?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I haven't been at the JFK FL in about a year. Is the Flagship Lounge at JFK completely renovated? Is there more space compared to before since they will be admitting International J passengers and OWS on international itineraries? How is the catering for the non-Flagship First Dining? Is it decent enough for pre-dining at the FL and skip the on-board meal on the TATL red-eye flights?
All of this has been discussed at length in the JFK FL thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-thread-8.html but to give brief answers:

1. Yes, 100% renovated, and quite well-done, IMHO. Especially love the wine bar.
2. Much more space, but with new access rules, it can still get crowded.
3. So far the buffet-style options have been better than the previous FL offering, but I'm not always a fan of the choices that are available, so I think that, of all of your questions, is the one most based on personal preference.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Yes, it is completely redone and complete.
Yes, a lot more space.
Yes, a lot more people.

Food is decent, but that is a personal choice. I would say as good as what you will get on board. But, again, personal preference.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ANd just to add, there is definitely enough variety of food in the regular FL for full pre-flight dining if you just want to sleep on the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.