Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Fraser

Well at JFK there is a solution. What if I told you I had three waitstaff looking after just the wife and I on Friday and we had a whole section of the lounge to ourselves for about 90mins.
Shhhhhhh!
Global321 and andersonCooper like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ijgordon

According to post 104, you can access dining upon arrival from AA F Transcontinental. The onward BA J flight has no bearing though.
Correct. I've been on AA F transcon and had access to JFK Flagship Dining upon arrival. Great experience.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hanging out in Flagship First Dining at JFK right now waiting on flight 23 to LAX. Had the Flagship Burger and it was delicious. There is only one other person in here. Very pleasant atmosphere and an extremely attentive wait staff. What's not to like?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Data point, I visited the FL after coming in from an LAX-JFK redeye (in F). I presented my inbound BP, I was welcomed to the FL, and I was asked (unprompted) whether I wanted to do the dining. I said yes but not until later (it was morning, and I wanted to shower/rest and then do it for lunch). I was given an invitation.

I had previously been in the Flagship First Dining about a week earlier, before doing JFK-SFO in F. The same crew that had been there before was there the second time too, and they remembered me. Great service all around, hands down my favorite domestic lounge experience. The view of the skyline is nice, the bar has a great variety, and the food is really solid. The basil watermelon thing, the burger, and the caramel apple dessert are my favorites, and I will go out of my way to buy J on the A321T and use BXP1s to upgrade to F as often as I have a reason to fly one of the flagship routes.

The Qantas F lounge at LAX (which I had used before coming LAX-JFK) was fine, but crowded as could be, and the booze selection was frankly quite poor, so I give the edge to AA's Flagship First Dining.

So, it appears that you can do Flagship First Dining upon ARRIVAL from a transcon in F, without an onward flight.

Does anyone know if the same applies to Qantas F lounge at LAX? I know you definitely can use it prior to flying LAX-JFK in F, but can you also use upon landing from JFK-LAX in F? Or not allowed without an onward flight?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
So, it appears that you can do Flagship First Dining upon ARRIVAL from a transcon in F, without an onward flight.

Does anyone know if the same applies to Qantas F lounge at LAX? I know you definitely can use it prior to flying LAX-JFK in F, but can you also use upon landing from JFK-LAX in F? Or not allowed without an onward flight?
QF lounge follows OW rules which requires a onward flight.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hard to believe how far along AA has come. Now, why doesn't Skytrax give them 4 stars??
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:42 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone tried the flagship bridge at JFK?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Shhhhhhh!
Secret's out; a popular blog put up a post about the bridge this week.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by linglingfool
We actually learned this from that post..See the JFK lounge thread...
But still, not many know at the moment.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Shhhhh
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I値l have to give it another try, I went late on a Sunday shortly after opening and was mightily disappointed. Over cooked burger dwarfed by the bun and undercooked flatbread. Worse than the buffet in the Flagship lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tphuang
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone tried the flagship bridge at JFK?
Yes, I've been. Given that very few people know about it, it's a nice, quiet, secluded part of the lounge with great service. Very limited options though and no appetizer or dessert (although I could easily see them offering a soup or salad to start).
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:28 pm

Champagne Downgrade

For those interested in the wine list: Bollinger is now served throughout the Flagship -- no more vintage Heidsieck in FFD. I'll update soon with a picture of the full list; it appears it's been downgraded from top to bottom.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:23 pm

Tipping

I am curious what is the protocol about tipping in the Flagship Dining area?

I don't mind tipping but don't want to break any protocol?
If yes to tipping, how much should I tip?

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Carfield
I am curious what is the protocol about tipping in the Flagship Dining area?

I don't mind tipping but don't want to break any protocol?
If yes to tipping, how much should I tip?

Thanks,
Carfield

It is fine to tip the contract service workers in the lounge (bartenders, food service, janitorial, shower attendants). They are nice people and would greatly appreciate it. I typically leave $1 with any dirty glasses/plates I leave behind in the lounge. I also tip $1 for every visit to a tended bar (non-alcoholic). In Flagship Dining, not sure how much to offer....but I would offer something for good service.

However, it is not appropriate or permitted to tip the front desk reps /AAngels/ CK reps, since they are actual AA employees....just like you should not tip flight attendants or ticket counter agents. If one of them goes above and beyond in service, better to give an AApplause certificate, write a commendation to Customer Relations, or perhaps offer some chocolates. But they are not allowed to accept cash tips/gratuities, and you should not offer them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.