Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Can you meet the 1800flowers req't by ordering from one of their sister sites, like Harry&david?

Is it confirmed that Shoprunner orders won't qualify?
Old May 27, 2017, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by eethan
Can you meet the 1800flowers req't by ordering from one of their sister sites, like Harry&david?

Is it confirmed that Shoprunner orders won't qualify?
No - both my orders using Shopprunner ended up posting.

Name:  flowers.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  13.5 KB
Old May 27, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by George Purcell
What I did for the Shopping requirement was to rebook a non-chain hotel reservation I already had on Booking.com through the portal. Net cost of no money (since I was spending it anyways) and well over the $50 threshold.
You did clear your cookies or use a private/incognito window or use a different browser, didn't you? Using the same website without the shopping portal and then using it within the shopping portal, with the same browser, with no "protective" measures, is a great way to not earn miles, because the cookies from a recent non-portal session can keep the website from recognizing that you came through the shopping portal the second time.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You did clear your cookies or use a private/incognito window or use a different browser, didn't you? Using the same website without the shopping portal and then using it within the shopping portal, with the same browser, with no "protective" measures, is a great way to not earn miles, because the cookies from a recent non-portal session can keep the website from recognizing that you came through the shopping portal the second time.
It was a booking I made weeks before. Just rebooked it while going directly through the portal, then made sure it showed up in the activity screen. After that canceled the original booking.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by George Purcell
What I did for the Shopping requirement was to rebook a non-chain hotel reservation I already had on Booking.com through the portal. Net cost of no money (since I was spending it anyways) and well over the $50 threshold.

Just got the wines yesterday and haven't tried them yet. Figured they were the same cost/bottle as the plonk my wife drinks anyways and they can't be worse than that.... Kind of a PITA, though, because you have to have a person actually sign for them. That will be the reason I cancel once the required timeframe from the first order passes.
Two of the wines were quite nice... the other four were borderline drinkable. Worth $41 in any case.

As as soon as I got them, I logged onto the vinesse website to delay the second shipment for six months. Will plan on calling to cancel once the miles post.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Had a similar thing happen, where I missed out on a bonus because there was a tax that I overlooked. Doublecheck your receipt, and if the products themselves without any fees, etc., total $50, contact customer service (on the shopping portal) and they will correct it.
I bought a $50 gift card on raise.com for $49 and now feel like a complete and utter idiot. Do you have to meet the $50 minimum in one transaction, or can it be multiple?
Old May 28, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
I bought a $50 gift card on raise.com for $49 and now feel like a complete and utter idiot. Do you have to meet the $50 minimum in one transaction, or can it be multiple?
T&Cs say single transaction, and the promo will likely be over before we have any datapoints on whether multiple transactions actually worked.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Bretmd
Two of the wines were quite nice... the other four were borderline drinkable. Worth $41 in any case.

As as soon as I got them, I logged onto the vinesse website to delay the second shipment for six months. Will plan on calling to cancel once the miles post.
I've had one so far; the German white. Liked it, actually. Great idea about delaying to wait for miles to post. Just did it.

Only PITA for this so far was having to sign in person for them.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: AA
So I placed my order on 5/5 wine didnt ship until 5/12. Says my next shipment is 6/5 and no miles yet.

Under the terms and conditions it states that miles will be deposited 6-8 weeks after enrollment.

I will be giving them a call to see what's up. I really dont want to have put money into this and not come out with the 10k AA miles.
Old May 31, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Old May 31, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by moonwoo
So I placed my order on 5/5 wine didnt ship until 5/12. Says my next shipment is 6/5 and no miles yet.

Under the terms and conditions it states that miles will be deposited 6-8 weeks after enrollment.

I will be giving them a call to see what's up. I really dont want to have put money into this and not come out with the 10k AA miles.
If you haven't activated your online account, you should -- I was able to push off my second shipment until August without so much as a phone call.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
Are those sister sites listed at aa.com as partners? If not, I severely doubt it, unless Harry&David outsources billing to 1-800-flowers in a way that AA can't tell the difference.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
As a data point, I signed up for the wine club on 5/11 and received the wines on 5/26; the 3000 miles for signing up posted today ^

Will wait until 21 days post-delivery to cancel, but I postponed the next delivery until August so all in all pleasantly surprised by the ease of getting these various partner transactions to post... dining & shopping posted already, and I expect flowers will post soon.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are those sister sites listed at aa.com as partners? If not, I severely doubt it, unless Harry&David outsources billing to 1-800-flowers in a way that AA can't tell the difference.
I ordered Harry and David through the 1-800-Flowers AA link on this promotion. The charge is listed on my credit card as "1-800-Flowers". Will update whether the miles post.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:15 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Have bonus points posted for anyone? I completed all 4 transactions. Shopping and dining have posted to AA account. Still waiting on Flowers and Vinesse to show up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.