Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment on the actual service? Are these FAs typically more senior? Seems like this is a preferred route (do they get two nights in LHR instead of one?).

Are wines/cocktails served with the brunch service? I have a feeling they may dim the 787 shades to black on this flight, which is not conducive for a day time flight for those that want to stay awake. Might be fun to see all the traffic passing in the opposite direction coming westbound. How is the wifi on this flight? Worth paying for?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Have the following for my HND - LAX flight next week. Anything good on here? Saw some mixed reviews of the Japanese meal upthread so leaning towards the chicken:

Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Can't figure out why some J flights get proper salt and pepper shakers but then the PVG flight above, gets the domestic S/P packets?
Was just about to post this, but see you've beaten me to it. This, in additional to the butter roulette, as well, as some flights (to the same destinations even!) get the nice plated butter, and others seem to get the Kerrygold packets. I realize this is a very, very minor thing, but there really is no rhyme or reason to it (be in 2 or 3 cabin J, certain cities or routes, or just in general TPAC/TATL, there is no consistency to the offering). The only thing I've noticed is that LUS flights tend to get the lesser offerings, meaning S&P packets and packed butter, versus shakers and pre-plated butter. I really just don't understand it!

It does appear that int'l first has been upgraded to real restaurant-style S&P shakers (grinders actually). So that should produce some extra old shakers out there to stock in the J cabins.

At least the salads seem to have grown in size and quality, and the dressing issues seem to have been corrected on most flights, so these are a plus.

Last edited by GotCalcio4; Nov 26, 2017 at 1:58 pm
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Kurt
Most airlines treat lunch and dinner exactly the same. Read the menu codes and it's usually B (breakfast), L/D (lunch or dinner), S (snack).
Doesn't Transcon F offer an additional menu option on Dinner flights versus Lunch flights? That's the only difference I can see.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Doesn't Transcon F offer an additional menu option on Dinner flights versus Lunch flights? That's the only difference I can see.
There should be the same amount of Entree's for each service.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Upcoming JFK-BCN menu:
  • Choose later
  • Porcini Crusted Filet Mignon Porcini Crusted Filet Mignon
    chanterelle mushroom corn pudding, roasted asparagus, Café de Paris butter
  • Bourbon-Glazed Salmon Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
    fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken
    wild mushroom and pea risotto, giardiniera
  • Santa Fe-Style Enchiladas Santa Fe-Style Enchiladas
    roasted squash, baby spinach, queso fresco, grilled corn
Any thoughts? Would go for the fillet as I don't like fish or mustard very much, but I'm always nervous of overcooked steaks on a plane.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Fiancé and I just got upgraded to biz for our long leg home from Australia. What’s everyone thinking on the below meal choices?
  • Riverine Grilled Beef Filet
    red wine shallot sauce, rösti potato, baby zucchini
  • Chicken Thai Green Curry
    jasmine rice, bok choy
  • Grilled Shrimp
    saffron tagliatelle, chili oil
  • Vegetable Paella
    sautéed heirloom tomatoes, baby carrots, zucchini, asparagus, olives
Alright post flight report. The Chicken Thai curry was good and would definitely order again. Chicken was moist and good flavors. Fiancé got the shrimp and it was very bland, no taste of chili and would not order again. The mid flight snack was a brisket quesadilla which had a good taste, just a bit soggy. The pepper that comes with it was hot!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:24 pm

Here's my options for an upcoming breakfast flight LAX-MIA., I understand that they are trying to impress us with international world-class chefs and all that, but for God's sake, these are awful. Has anyone on earth ever craved Cream Cheese inside their eggs with a side of salmon hash? Ever ordered rhubarb and vanilla sauce at your local diner? Guess I'll opt for the oatmeal, which I can also get inside the Admiral's lounge before departure. I can also make it at-home for a dime. Wow.

Steel Cut Oatmeal Steel Cut Oatmeal
brown sugar, various fruit garnishes

Cream Cheese Omelette Cream Cheese Omelette
hot smoked salmon hash, béarnaise sauce

Strawberry Rhubarb Galette
vanilla sauce, grilled asparagus, chicken chipolata sausage
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
deleted. OP misposted to International
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Here's my options for an upcoming breakfast flight LAX-MIA., I understand that they are trying to impress us with international world-class chefs and all that, but for God's sake, these are awful. Has anyone on earth ever craved Cream Cheese inside their eggs with a side of salmon hash?
An omelette or scrambled eggs with cream cheese and salmon is certainly "a thing." I guess this is a little twist on that, and actually sounds good to me.

Ever ordered rhubarb and vanilla sauce at your local diner?
I don't eat at diners, only at Michelin-starred restaurants. This sounds like a sweet-savory brunch option. Could be interesting, depending on execution, though I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be great coming out of an airline kitchen spec-ed by AA...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Upcoming JFK-BCN menu:
  • Choose later
  • Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken
Any thoughts? Would go for the fillet as I don't like fish or mustard very much, but I'm always nervous of overcooked steaks on a plane.
Just to throw this out, the Santa Fe style Enchiladas sounds good, they are different then the Mexican style. I would be interested in knowing how AA does theirs.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AA 83 LAX-AKL - November 2017

Pre-order Options and Onboard Menu

Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Upcoming JFK-BCN menu:
  • Choose later
Same selection is available on the upcoming RDU-LHR.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Upcoming HKG-LAX menu:

• Black Angus Beef Filet
    your choice of red wine demi-glace or béarnaise sauce
  • Miso Cod
    steamed Japanese rice, shimeji mushroom, roasted vine cherry tomatoes
  • Mushroom Wellington
    mushroom cream sauce, yellow squash, asparagus, roasted tomatoes
  • Duck Confit
    Thai brown rice, snap peas, capsicum, shiitake mushrooms
I've gone with the confit since in my experience meat that is cooked with lower heat, moist cooking methods (confit, braising, stews, curries) has the best chance to not turn into shoe leather when it's blast chilled then reheated in an airplane oven, but anyone with direct experience of these AA menu items is welcome to contradict me.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Dec 8, 2017 at 11:48 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:42 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
AA management practice and priorities are not the topic of this thread. Let's please focus on international on-board meals. Thanks!

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.