Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA
Flew to South America in F recently. Not sure if this menu was worth the SWU, but they were expiring. No new amenity kits yet, and they were actually giving out the old business class kits even in first!

Since the AA hub site no longer works, I decided to type out the menu for your perusal:

Dinner
777 (3-class)
First Class

Wines
"Bubbles"
Philipponat Clos des Goisses Vintage

Whites
First Press Chardonnay, Napa Valley
Craggy Range Single Vineyard Te Muna Road
Vigneti Zanatta Renadoro Vermentino, Gallura, Italy

Reds
Blackbird Vineyards Arise Proprietary Red Blend, Napa Valley
Truchard Merlot, Carneros, California
Angélica Zapata Alta Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina

Dessert
De Bortoli Noble One Botrytis Semillon, New South Wales, Australia

Port
Senhora do Convento Vintage Port, Portugal

Small Plates
Quinoa Mango Pepper Timbale
wasabi mayonnaise, pickled ginger, cilantro

Shrimp Tikka
couscous tabbouleh salad, Indian chutney

Soup and Salad
Spanish Saffron and Chickpea Soup
charred lemon, parsley

Super Grain Salad
blood oranges, radish, pumpkin seed, popped quinoa

Main Plates
Chimichurri Filet Mignon
rosemary sweet potato stacks, spinach hominy greens

Cajun-spiced Chilean Sea Bass
green gazpacho, Jerusalem artichoke purée

Classic Chicken Cacciatore
capers, red bell peppers, oregano, Israeli couscous

Zucchini "Meatballs"
zucchini Parmesan pesto spaghetti

Dessert

Ben&Jerry's Traditional Ice Cream Sundae

Gourmet Cheese Plate
smoked gouda, jalapenño jack, sharp cheddar [none of these appear to be gourmet cheeses at all, they are all costco-grade at best...]

Warm Monkey Bread
caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream

Raspberry Tart
almond cream custard, glazed raspberries, butter crust

Breakfast was a quiche florentine or fresh fruit bowl -- decided to pass.

I don't remember an amuse bouche -- I wonder if these are only on the HKG and SYD flights.

Champagne was excellent. The malbec was phenomenal, with really rounded tannins that didn't make me want to gag up in the air.

The timbale and salad seem to be on other two-cabin Euro flights recently, so nothing special for F there. Great presentation, though. The salad would look a lot better if I hadn't put a whole bunch of balsamic vinegar on it already.

The charred lemon in the soup was amazing, essentially pickled, tender lemon rind. AA F soups are always great.

Zucchini "meatballs" - wanted to eat healthy, so I got this. The "pasta" was essentially spiralized zucchini "pasta" with pesto - really well done, slightly al dente, not soggy at all. The meatballs had great texture, with parmesan and other breading/stuffing inside. Big portion, really filling, heated up very well. The only issue was that it needed a bunch of salt and pepper to bring out the flavors. I also added a little tabasco sauce that I always have in my carryon (in case of emergency).

Sorry if the images are out of order, I can't quite figure out how to get them inline with the text. The lighting also sucked, but you get the idea.
Attached Images      

Last edited by DoctorORD; Feb 12, 2017 at 7:32 pm
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
DoctordORD- that actually really looks great...quite appetizing. Thanks for the report!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:05 am

DFW-ICN

Wines
"Bubbles"
Charles Ellner Carte d'Or Brut NV

Whites
Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc
Maison Simonnet-Febvre Chablis

Reds
Souverain Cabernet Sauvignon
Sino da Romaneira

Dessert
Quinta do Noval LBV

Dinner

Small Plate
Flaky tomato tart
grilled artichoke heart

Salad
Mixed greens, sundried tomatoes, shaved parmesan
your choice of horseradish maple vinaigrette or spicy sesame vinaigrette

Main Plates
Coffee crusted beef filet
red wine sauce, roasted potatoes, sautéed spinach

Roasted duck breast
curry lime sauce, coconut jasmine rice, broccolini, peppers

Sesame crusted salmon
yuzu cream sauce, steamed red rice, ginger spaghetti squash, carrots, snap peas

Spinach stuffed ravioli
smoked Gouda crème sauce, fresh Parmesan

Korean bibimbap
minced beef, seasonal vegetables, steamed rice mixed with hot pepper paste, sesame oil
served with assorted side dishes and soup

Dessert

Ben & Jerry's traditional ice cream sundae

Gourmet cheese plate
smoked gouda, jalapenño jack, sharp cheddar

Raspberry Tart
almond cream custard, glazed raspberries, butter crust

Mid-flight Snack

Selections

Spicy buckwheat noodles
served chilled with vegetables and egg

Teriyaki chicken wrap
summer noodle salad, spicy hoisin sauce

Dessert
Fresh fruit

Light Meal

Salad

Fresh seasonal greens
Caesar dressing

Selections

Quiche florentine
rosemary potatoes, red peppers

Korean braised short ribs
bulgogi sauce, shiitake mushrooms, chestnuts, steamed rice, baby bok choy

Dessert

Lemon coconut cake

I got the salmon for lunch, wrap for the snack, and the braised ribs for dinner. Salmon was really good. Braised ribs were more or less airline food. I was only offered the wrap, so they may have run out of the noodles (though I think I would have gone for the wrap anyway).
Attached Images     
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:34 am

Choices for kids...

Flying MAD-DFW soon and am wondering what to select for a 3 year old and 5 year old. First time flying international biz with AA and was surprised that they don't offer child meals. So of the following, any advice which would be the most kid-friendly? Not spicy, not too "weird" looking:

• Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Oxtail Ravioli Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Oxtail Ravioli
    With sautéed baby spinach and oven roasted tomatoes
  • Breast of Corn-fed Chicken Breast of Corn-fed Chicken
    With harissa sauce, bulgur salad with mint and parsley, sautéed baby spinach and roasted cauliflower
  • Pan Roasted Turbot and Dukkah Pan Roasted Turbot and Dukkah (this is a fish meal)
    With lobster sauce, basmati rice and creamed kale
  • Fregola Pasta Fregola Pasta
    With roasted pumpkin, mushrooms and kale
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
My Bogota trip morphed into a trip to Warsaw instead and am flying home from LHR to JFK in F.

Choice between:

Creamed Beetroot Spelt Creamed Beetroot Spelt
goat cheese, watercress

Roast Goosnargh Duck Leg Roast Goosnargh Duck Leg
citrus-glazed chicory

Organic Scottish Salmon Organic Scottish Salmon
jasmine rice, pak choi, Asian spices

Slow-Cooked Featherblade of Angus Beef
soft polenta, roasted tomatoes, gremolata

Featherblade is a cut from the shoulder, so should do well being slow cooked and being reheated. Any experience with it? Nice to see a beef dish other than boring, tasteless filet.

Also interested in the duck leg. Anyone try it?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
LAX-NRT and NRT-LAX

Here's the choices I saw in the pre-order window of my reservation for AA169 and 170 alongside the Japanese meal option:

LAX-NRT

Grilled yellowtail Yu-an yaki
With taro potato, carrot, green beans and potato

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli
Topped with smoked Gouda creme

Sesame Crusted Salmon
With yuzu cream sauce, steam red rice, ginger spaghetti squash, carrots, and snap peas

Roasted Duck Breast
With curry lime sauce, coconut jasmine rice, broccolini and peppers

NRT-LAX

Deep Fried Sea Bream
With crabmeat starch sauce

Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni
With basil pesto sauce, ratatouille and fresh Parmesan

Grilled Beef Filet
With mushroom sauce, Duchess potatoes, snap peas and carrots

Miso Chicken
With miso sauce, black sesame steamed rice, green beans and peppers

Red Snapper
With dashi sauce, steamed rice, eggplant, Japanese sweet potatoes and green beans
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by ckg1999
Flying to NRT from DFW - i know we get the Japanese meal , but unsure if any of these are that (or what it consists of). Any food advice greatly appreciated.

Grilled yellowtail Yu-an yaki, taro potato, carrot, green beans and potato

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli Topped with smoked Gouda crème

Coffee Crusted Beef Filet With red wine sauce, roasted potatoes and sautéed spinach

Sesame Crusted Salmon With yuzu cream sauce, steamed red rice, ginger spaghetti squash, carrots and snap peas

Roasted Duck Breast With curry lime sauce, coconut jasmine rice, broccolini and peppers
Originally Posted by N751PR
Here's the choices I saw in the pre-order window of my reservation for AA169 and 170 alongside the Japanese meal option:

<snip>

NRT-LAX

Deep Fried Sea Bream
With crabmeat starch sauce

Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni
With basil pesto sauce, ratatouille and fresh Parmesan

Grilled Beef Filet
With mushroom sauce, Duchess potatoes, snap peas and carrots

Miso Chicken
With miso sauce, black sesame steamed rice, green beans and peppers

Red Snapper
With dashi sauce, steamed rice, eggplant, Japanese sweet potatoes and green beans
I had similar flights last week with the same menus. According to the fine print, the top menu is "2Cls Business, US-NRT; LAX-HND", printed 2/17. The bottom menu is "2Cls Business, NRT-US", printed 2/17.

The sesame crusted salmon was really good. The grilled beef filet was just okay.

FWIW, the Grilled yellowtail Yu-an yaki (US-NRT) and the Deep Fried Sea Bream (NRT-US) appear to be only available for pre-order. They aren't on the printed menus.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
As a Vegetatian(not Vegan) - I have a choice of

Chipotle black bean pot pie or ordering the Special Veg Meal(In coach it was a lump of tofu). Any feedback on the Veg special meals in Business?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
Beef (lunch/dinner) on AA biz... yay or nay?

AA is offering "Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Oxtail Ravioli" for lunch... one to go for or one to avoid? There's also the surf and turf for dinner... same deal?

Probably an obvious answer, but thought I'd reach out to the masses.

I usually fly BA and always avoid the so-called steak on those flights as it's like eating a brick of sand.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
AA is offering "Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Oxtail Ravioli"... one to go for or one to avoid?

I usually fly BA and always avoid the so-called steak on those flights as it's like eating a brick of sand.
Definitely hit or miss. Some have reported success in asking the FAs to not burn the steak to a crisp.

Might have more luck moving this to the International Meals thread.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
AA is offering "Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Oxtail Ravioli" for lunch... one to go for or one to avoid? There's also the surf and turf for dinner... same deal?

Definitely hit-or-miss.

On ORD-LHR in the 77W, I had a flight attendant serve me completely uncooked beef tenderloin (It was frozen in the middle and had never touched the oven)

In the same trip on LHR-ORD in the 77W, I had a lovely medium rare tenderloin.

On JFK-ZRH last year, I had beef tenderloin that was so dry and overcooked, I probably could have used it as a weapon.

Yet I keep ordering the beef, which probably says more about me than it does about AA.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Acid

Chipotle black bean pot pie or ordering the Special Veg Meal(In coach it was a lump of tofu). Any feedback on the Veg special meals in Business?
I haven't tried any of these, but the general consensus seems to be to avoid any kind of special veg meal. You're likely to get an unpalatable vegan assortment of this and that.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Thumbs up

I had the chipotle black bean pot on my CLT-LHR flight last week, and it was pretty decent (I'm vegetarian too). Though I don't know who had the bright idea of filling a 1/4 of the business class passengers with beans before going to bed.

It wasn't my favorite veg entree, but the quinoa mango pepper timbale small plate starter we got first made up for it -- a winner in my book. I'd definitely go for this vegetarian option ahead of the special veg meal -- those have always been bland and disappointing, even in business class.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by twa777
I had the chipotle black bean pot on my CLT-LHR flight last week, and it was pretty decent (I'm vegetarian too). Though I don't know who had the bright idea of filling a 1/4 of the business class passengers with beans before going to bed.

It wasn't my favorite veg entree, but the quinoa mango pepper timbale small plate starter we got first made up for it -- a winner in my book. I'd definitely go for this vegetarian option ahead of the special veg meal -- those have always been bland and disappointing, even in business class.
Thanks! Booked the Pot Pie. I was wondering too if beans was a good option before bed time
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Thanks! Booked the Pot Pie.
It's pretty tasty. But the vegetarian moussaka is vile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.