FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   First / Busines Class Meals To Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1791016-first-busines-class-meals-europe.html)

Dthorne1918 Sep 15, 2016 9:07 am

First / Busines Class Meals To Europe

Hello:
We booked our Europe trip for this October and received the food menu for our flight.

Chipotle Bean Pot Pie
Herb Crusted Snapper
Grilled Ancho Pepper Chicken

Is this typically the food they serve? Sounds more like a trip to mexico?

Is there any way to pay to get a filet or some beef for the trip?

Duke787 Sep 15, 2016 9:15 am

What airline? I assume AA? Let us know and then a mod can move this to a more appropriate forum.

In terms of whether you can pay for something different, sadly no. Unless you request one of the special meals (e.g., kosher, gluten free, etc.) those will be your options.

FWIW, that menu looks pretty standard for a US airline (I'm assuming this is AA since I don't know any other US airline that shows the food menu ahead of time).

Dthorne1918 Sep 15, 2016 9:21 am

Yes sorry. It's american airlines. Thank you for your help.

mikelat Sep 18, 2016 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Dthorne1918 (Post 27215623)

Yes, but only if you buy it from a restaurant in the airport and carry it on yourself.

s0ssos Sep 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Yup. Fly lufthansa. They are serving:
American Bison Short Rib with Gremolata, braised Red Cabbage,
grilled Baby Carrot and Rutabaga whipped Potatoes

Adam1222 Sep 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 27230519)

Airline menus change all the time, and differ from route to route. What route is this?
That being said, there is usually a beef option. How did you determine this was what was being served? Just because it is the option available for preorder doesn't mean other options aren't available on board.

s0ssos Sep 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 27231076)
Airline menus change all the time, and differ from route to route. What route is this?
That being said, there is usually a beef option. How did you determine this was what was being served? Just because it is the option available for preorder doesn't mean other options aren't available on board.

Apparently there is no beef option. Of course Lufthansa has other options. Just go to their website and punch in the flight number and choose the month to view their in-flight menu. This is Oct for the LAX flight

Adam1222 Sep 19, 2016 4:46 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 27231272)
Apparently there is no beef option. Of course Lufthansa has other options. Just go to their website and punch in the flight number and choose the month to view their in-flight menu. This is Oct for the LAX flight

I was referring to the OPs menu, not your irrelevant Lufthansa one.

LondonElite Sep 19, 2016 5:44 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 27230519)

What is the relevance of LH when the OP has already booked his flight?

s0ssos Sep 19, 2016 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 27232061)
I was referring to the OPs menu, not your irrelevant Lufthansa one.

Oh, I did not realize you were referring to AA. I thought it was obvious this menu was not AA.

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 27232203)
What is the relevance of LH when the OP has already booked his flight?

So I guess the thread should have been answered with "no" and locked.

Adam1222 Sep 19, 2016 10:32 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 27233095)
So I guess the thread should have been answered with "no" and locked.

The Info Desk is supposed to be a welcoming and helpful place. The OP posted a "menu" from AA, and it is unclear where s/he got it from. The OP may actually be able to get beef on this flight. As AA typically does have a beef option on its TATL flights, just like Lufthansa. (For more discussion of AA meals, you can check out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html ).

AA also does not post its menus like Lufthansa. Explaining that to the OP is helpful. Quoting a random menu from another airline is not. XOXOHTH.

WorldLux Sep 19, 2016 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 27231076)
How did you determine this was what was being served?

AA usually shows all the available menus.

Chipotle Bean Pot Pie
Herb Crusted Snapper

It frankly surprises me that AA offers only those three options on TATL for Business class passengers. On my last LHR-DFW, they offered Tandoori Chicken, Fish, Beef and raviolis.

Adam1222 Sep 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux (Post 27233628)
AA usually shows all the available menus.

It frankly surprises me that AA offers only those three options on TATL for Business class passengers. On my last LHR-DFW, they offered Tandoori Chicken, Fish, Beef and raviolis.

Exactly. This is unusual, so it would be great to know more details.

Dthorne1918 Sep 20, 2016 9:09 am

Yes sorry.

That was the posted menu on the AA website for us to choose from. It was available 30 days prior to departure.

The Route is CLT - LHR - BCN in business

Options were
Chipotle Bean Pot Pie
Herb Crusted Snapper
Added Korean Braised short ribs

Adam1222 Sep 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dthorne1918 (Post 27237855)
Yes sorry.

That was the posted menu on the AA website for us to choose from. It was available 30 days prior to departure.

The Route is CLT - LHR - BCN in business

Options were
Chipotle Bean Pot Pie
Herb Crusted Snapper
Added Korean Braised short ribs

That makes sense, so, yes, there is a beef option: short ribs.
were you thinking filet mignon is served? It rarely, if ever is, and probably only in international three-cabin first.