Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DUB / Dublin International Airport post-CBP "51st & Green" lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
DUB post-US Customs and Border Protection Preclearance "51st & Green" 3rd party (DAA) Lounge
Opened 18 July 2016

The Dublin Airports Authority (pre-US CBP) Executive Lounge is discussed here.

Location: Terminal 2 past US CBP Preclearance near USA departure gates, after gates 405 and 406. Signage near lounge is not very visible. Accommodates 180 passengers.

Link to AA lounge information.

Link to Dublin Airports Authority 51st & Green lounge information.

"Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA marketed and operated flight (flight sold with AA flight number and flown on AA aircraft)."

The 51st&Green Lounge is operated by the Dublin Airport Authority and is an Admirals Club partner lounge. Admirals Club members are entitled to use that lounge if departing on an AA flight the same day. (Citi Executive card includes a regular Admirals Club membership. Authorized users do not have partner lounge access, however.)

Though this lounge is not a oneworld lounge, members are, and have reported being, granted access with AAdvantage Platinum or higher status whilst flying out on AA in Coach.

"Lounge Access

The lounge is only available to transatlantic passengers holding business class tickets and airline club cards*. For queries regarding lounge access please contact your airline directly.
Aer Lingus, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines." Link to Dublin Airports page.

In part: "The new 750 square metre facility, with seating for 180 people, has the unusual distinction of being under US jurisdiction while still on Irish soil.

The “51st & Green” name reflects the theme of intersection, the “51st state of America” and green for Ireland and Dublin Airport.

The lounge iavailable to transatlantic passengers travelling with Aer Lingus, Delta, United and American Airlines holding business class tickets and airline club cards*.

It is designed as a space where passengers can relax or work after clearing security and US Preclearance while waiting to be called to their boarding gate located just a walk away.

Along with food and drink facilities, the new lounge offers a concierge service, luxury shower rooms, an entertainment area with sports channels, a private area for Platinum Services customers, printing facilities, charging outlets for multiple devices and ccomplimentary wi-fi." (Link to RoutesOnline)
[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

51st and Green Departure Lounge Post-US USCBP & TSA Pre-clearance DUB T-2

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 25, 2016 at 8:17 am
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:43 am

New post CBP "51st & Green" lounge at DUB / Dublin Airport open 18 Jul 2016

"51st Green"

A bit of info about the new business lounge opening at Dublin Airport after US CBP called 51st Green

Info on Airport web site states open to AA Business pax and card holders
https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the...earance-lounge

Bit more info here
http://www.routesonline.com/airports...-opens-monday/

Showers!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Just saw this on one of the blogs -- very cool! Last time I flew out of DUB, I spent time in the lovely Aer Lingus lounge, but since you never know what clusterf$#@ pre-clearance is going to be, left super-early. This will be a much nicer place to wait for flights than the post-pre-clearance (heh) terminal.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So AC members have access to if I am reading correctly?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Seems to be the case. The website includes "airline club card holders" as those who will have access.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:56 am

Only thing of concern is that its only 180 people in capacity.

How many business seats on flights?
AA, Delta, United and Aer Lingus with flights on the same day/time block, plus card holders .......
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by AlanA
Only thing of concern is that its only 180 people in capacity.

How many business seats on flights?
AA, Delta, United and Aer Lingus with flights on the same day/time block, plus card holders .......
Between 24 and 30 (assuming 763/788 aircraft), so that's about 100 seats taken if the cabins are full. But it's about time there was a lounge in that area so something is better than what's been there.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:06 pm

New lounge with AA accessible at Dublin

New lounge after US pre clearance now open at Dublin Airport.

Access for AA business Class pax.

Can soneone update the lounge database?

Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by akcae
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Seems to be the case. The website includes "airline club card holders" as those who will have access.
The next sentence: "The lounge is only available to transatlantic passengers holding business class tickets and airline club cards. For queries regarding lounge access please contact your airline directly." So I certainly wouldn't take the airport's blurb about lounge access as indicating that AC members get access.

AA lists this lounge on their web site, saying "Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA marketed and operated flight (flight sold with AA flight number and flown on AA aircraft)." No mention of Admiral's Club membership card required (as most partner lounges that accept members say), so it's not clear to me what the rules are. It's not even clear whether Sapphire/Emerald in coach will get access; since it's a third party lounge, the oneworld rules don't require status-based access.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:06 am

Any actual anecdotal experience from anyone who's been thru DUB this week? Esp those in coach.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AlanA
New lounge after US pre clearance now open at Dublin Airport.

Access for AA business Class pax.

Can soneone update the lounge database?

We are requesting the graphics for the update.

In the meantime, a Wikipost has been added to this (retitled) thread and threads to both DUB lounges have been cross-linked in their respective Wikiposts.

/Moderator
AlanA likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by JDiver
We are requesting the graphics for the update.

In the meantime, a Wikipost has been added to this (retitled) thread and threads to both DUB lounges have been cross-linked in their respective Wikiposts.

/Moderator
One Mile at a Time post: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ge-51st-green/

Includes pics!

Great option given the limited services post-pre clearance!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by akcae
Any actual anecdotal experience from anyone who's been thru DUB this week? Esp those in coach.
I flew coach to Charlotte 3 weeks back, am AA Platinum, Lounge access was granted as expected. This is a beautiful lounge, it sits at the end of the T2 Pier with a wraparound window that has an awesome view of the runway, it's spacious with very comfortable chairs.

It has Barista Coffee, Beers, Wine and Spirits as well as lovely fresh croissants, fruit and cereal. Even fresh made smoothies served in little old fashioned milk bottles. It is spacious, wasn't very busy despite my visit in the middle of prime time for US Departures.

It is the nicest lounge I have visited anywhere. It also has the unique claim to be the only lounge that is on American land but not in America, I am sure that makes it the first lounge of any country not actually physically located in that country.

It is also very close to all the departure gates given where it is situated, it is a massive boon to anyone travelling out of Dublin to the States especially given the paucity of food and drink options in that part of the Terminal and associated long queues one used to have to deal with.

Last edited by Inqui; Aug 14, 2016 at 11:11 am
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
My early Sep trip will be the first time flying DUB-LGW-US (EI and BA), so pardon the ignorant question: Do I still go thru US preclearance in DUB?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
My early Sep trip will be the first time flying DUB-LGW-US (EI and BA), so pardon the ignorant question: Do I still go thru US preclearance in DUB?
No, only passengers flying directly to the US from DUB (or SNN) go thru US pre-clearance there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.