FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1674712-where-exactly-does-aa-fly-europe-routes-have-good-business-seats.html)

tim.hooker Apr 30, 2018 12:07 pm

PHL - ATH begins 5/4.

pkerr Aug 3, 2018 1:08 pm

Any chance a list like this exists somewhere that just shows nonstops to Europe?
Thanks

econometrics Aug 3, 2018 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 30044378)
Any chance a list like this exists somewhere that just shows nonstops to Europe?
Thanks

These are all nonstop routes.

rrgg Dec 20, 2018 9:40 am

The wiki lists CDG-BOS(s) and was updated last August. I don't see it in the schedule though.

Is this a mistake or is AA really bringing back the seasonal Paris route next spring or summer? Thanks.

chavala Dec 23, 2018 10:05 am

Great thread -- exactly the info I was looking for.
I wonder if there are any new updates for the wiki?

taxicabnumber Dec 23, 2018 11:28 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 30557427)
The wiki lists CDG-BOS(s) and was updated last August. I don't see it in the schedule though.

Is this a mistake or is AA really bringing back the seasonal Paris route next spring or summer? Thanks.

I suspect it's out of date. Will update to remove.

Reetmafreen Dec 24, 2018 6:58 am

I was surprised to see the seasonal GLA-PHL route missing from the wiki. A quick search online shows that for the S19 season, the route has been replaced by a seasonal EDI-PHL route :(

stc Dec 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen (Post 30569826)
I was surprised to see the seasonal GLA-PHL route missing from the wiki. A quick search online shows that for the S19 season, the route has been replaced by a seasonal EDI-PHL route :(

Sigh that's a shame. While it is somewhat easier to get from the middle of EDI to the airport by public transit, the fact that the city is totally overrun by tourists makes me want to avoid it and besides my business interests are closer to GLA.

PHL Dec 26, 2018 9:13 am

The google flight site can give a pretty good depiction by searching all AA US hubs as an origin, and "EUROPE" as destination with a date. In this link I used July 13 to get the full map of nonstop Europe destinations from MIA/PHL/JFK/ORD/DFW/LAX

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...03052;t:e;tt:o

airlinesmap Oct 22, 2019 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 30044378)
Thanks

Yes you go American airlines website and get all nonstop routes to Europe.

GNRMatt Nov 4, 2019 7:21 am

Originally Posted by airlinesbooking1 (Post 31698619)
Hi everyone how can find complete route map of AA.

It's located at American Airlines Map

Another source is the AA magazine you can get in flight or at an Admirals' Club.

stephem Nov 4, 2019 1:49 pm

On the second of the two original questions, where is there a good business class saver availability, I found that the Philadelphia to Dubrovnik route was loaded with business saver tickets in late July and early August. It’s a 767 so not the best biz seats, but very impressive availability if you’re looking to get to central Europe. I saw U 7 on a number of days, we ultimately got 6 family members on the same flights.

gumercindo Nov 4, 2019 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by stephem (Post 31700846)
On the second of the two original questions, where is there a good business class saver availability, I found that the Philadelphia to Dubrovnik route was loaded with business saver tickets in late July and early August. It’s a 767 so not the best biz seats, but very impressive availability if you’re looking to get to central Europe. I saw U 7 on a number of days, we ultimately got 6 family members on the same flights.

I casually checked and saw things with enormous travel times (33 hours). What specific routings did you find this on?>

stephem Nov 4, 2019 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31701018)
I casually checked and saw things with enormous travel times (33 hours). What specific routings did you find this on?>

Well, for starters, you cannot begin in PHL. If there is any rule we have learned from married segments is that you can almost never find availability from a trans-Atlantic or trans-pacific gateway. But from there I found lots of great options, for me starting from the Pacific NW was the goal. We got SEA-PHL during the day but an overnight in PHL, then PHL-DBV the next day. We kept doing EF searches and low and behold a better connection popped up and now we leave Seattle at 8:15am and only have a brief layover in PHL before the DBV flight leaves at 6:20pm that evening.

Lastly, book something with a couple of connections, "enormous travel times" and sit back and wait for the schedule changes and call in the claim your prize (of a more direct routing). There is an entire thread on this trick, it works well if you book in September for the following summer.

Nothing is remotely free any more with AA, but there still are tricks and tips. I wouldnt be discouraged by bad connections or long travel time, you can fix those over the next 8 months.

worldwidetraveler Nov 14, 2019 10:20 am

Lie flat?

Are all AA aircraft flying TATL now offering horizontal lie flat seats in Business Class?