FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   2015 Combined AA/US International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1641711-2015-combined-aa-us-international-meal-meals-menu-photos-etc-master-thread.html)

MrAndy1369 Jan 1, 2015 4:04 am

2015 Combined AA/US International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Introduction
AA/US has harmonized meal service for the international side of operations as of November 2014 (with meals being exactly the same on both airlines now), so beginning 1/1/2015 (Happy New Year, BTW!), let's discuss meal experiences on both AA/US here in this thread.

Just like the domestic version of this thread, when you share your meal reports, please clearly indicate whether the report was on an AA or US flight (as the two airlines has not yet received a single operating license). To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are #awesomesauce and will pop! Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, wander on to historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu and/or experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
Want to go back in time? Enjoy seeing international meals from flights past!

Cheers!

AANYC1981 Jan 1, 2015 10:30 am

CDG-ORD on 1/3/15
767-300
New Lie Flat Business
Lunch

Tomato and Olive Crusted Tilapia with lemon and herb couscous and sautéed spinach

Blue Cheese Crusted Beef Filet With rosemary jus, broccoli mashed potatoes and sautéed carrots

Jalapeño Chicken with Cream Sauce Served with sesame potato wedges and sautéed green beans

Vegetable Korma With cumin-scented basmati rice

I chose the chicken.....anyone had this yet?

T/BE20/G Jan 1, 2015 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 24083432)

I chose the chicken.....anyone had this yet?

I've had the chicken on US operated flights, and I've enjoyed it. Hopefully you enjoy it, too!

psollitt Jan 4, 2015 9:08 pm

2015 Combined AA/US International Meals - menu / photos / etc. (Consolidated)

I had the chicken last week on AA105 , almost raw potatoes and tiny bit of overcooked chicken with a bland sauce

AANYC1981 Jan 5, 2015 7:15 am

I had the chicken and it was good. I have photos but don't know how to upload from my phone via the mobile site.

What's with the ugly tan tray linens over the old blue linens?! Looks awful....the pre arrival flatbread was good but served on an elementary school style tray.

no1cub17 Jan 7, 2015 9:16 am

Just found two C upgrades for DFW-MAD this spring. May pounce on it if I can get the days off. Will food be horrific? We'll plan on just eating at the lounge in MAD, hah.

MrAndy1369 Jan 7, 2015 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17 (Post 24118545)
Just found two C upgrades for DFW-MAD this spring. May pounce on it if I can get the days off. Will food be horrific? We'll plan on just eating at the lounge in MAD, hah.

Sad that these days, people are asking if AA's once-legendary F/J food will be "horrific." What happened to the days where AA's meals were known to be superb in its' premium cabins?

I've also updated a link in the main post that was linking to the wrong thread (2014's thread). Let's make this thread the main one for discussion of AA/US international meals moving forward, especially given the forum's consolidation. Thanks!

airb330 Jan 8, 2015 8:30 am

1/3/15
AA113: BCN-MIA: Scheduled 11:35 Actual 2:02 :rolleyes:
Lunch
767 (2-class)
Business Class

Choices were:
Tomato and Olive Crusted Tilapia with lemon and herb couscous and sautéed spinach

Blue Cheese Crusted Beef Filet With rosemary jus, broccoli mashed potatoes and sautéed carrots

Jalapeño Chicken with Cream Sauce Served with sesame potato wedges and sautéed green beans

__________________________________________________ _________

You can tell the meal service was slightly downgraded, but it was overall still very good. The smaller salad was the most noticeable 'downgrade.'

http://i61.tinypic.com/23h4ln4.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2w53l15.jpg

Pre-arrival meal was a flatbread or deli plate. I had the deli plate and my husband had the flatbread. Both were OK. I didn't have my iPhone on me at the time and took them with my husband's iPhone instead. If anyone wants to see the deli plate or flatbread, let me know and I'll upload them at another time.

AANYC1981 Jan 8, 2015 9:04 am

Originally Posted by airb330 (Post 24125005)
1/3/15
Lunch
767 (2-class)
Business Class

Choices were:

You can tell the meal service was slightly downgraded, but it was overall still very good. The smaller salad was the most noticeable 'downgrade.'

http://i61.tinypic.com/23h4ln4.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2w53l15.jpg

Pre-arrival meal was a flatbread or deli plate. I had the deli plate and my husband had the flatbread. Both were OK. I didn't have my iPhone on me at the time and took them with my husband's iPhone instead. If anyone wants to see the deli plate or flatbread, let me know and I'll upload them at another time.

This is exactly the same that I had CDG-ORD this month. That hummus app was terrible.....the actual "pita" was so cold and hard it was useless. I really dislike the tan tray cloth (we had a blue cloth set down on the tray table earlier and the two colors together do not look good.

MarkedMan Jan 8, 2015 11:31 am

Has the same downgrade been applied to the F product? Smaller salad, sucky apps? Used to be you got a choice of two apps in F, wondering if that is still the case. Does F still get the full Sundae on the shorter eastbound flights?

MrAndy1369 Jan 8, 2015 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by airb330 (Post 24125005)
1/3/15
Lunch
767 (2-class)
Business Class

Choices were:

(photos omitted to save space)

What were the dessert options? Did you take a picture of the dessert? Also, I'd like the pictures of both the deli plate and flatbread.

smashr Jan 9, 2015 3:05 pm

AA104 in early Feb, JFK-LHR. 77W, C. Only 2 choices?

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli
Topped with smoked Gouda crème

-or-

Char Siu Duck
With curry lime sauce, coconut rice and sautéed spinach

Is this an online ordering glitch? Or the new normal?

MrAndy1369 Jan 9, 2015 3:15 pm

Probably a glitch, there has been odd behavior with preordering lately. However, I'm not completely sure, because JFK-LHR gets expedited service in F/J due to the (relatively) short length of the flight. J gets everything served at once on a tray, a fruit cup and a chocolate bar in addition to the entree. Dessert typically would be ice-cream (not sundaes) or a cheese plate. Quick and expedited, but at the expense of a true J meal service. So, it's possible the expedited service only gets 2 choices. I'm not sure.

I could be wrong with all of the above, though. Westbound LHR-JFK gets a full, non-expedited J meal service with sundaes as a dessert choice.

Originally Posted by smashr (Post 24134686)

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli

-or-

Char Siu Duck

bdemaria Jan 9, 2015 9:29 pm

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli

-or-

Char Siu Duck

Ive encountered this before - about 10 days before departure, add'l choices usually appear.

flyingmusicianlax Jan 10, 2015 7:25 am

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli

-or-

Char Siu Duck

FWIW, the Char Siu Duck is very good (if a tad salty).