Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No elite rewards for 2014?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I would absolutely, positively, unequivocally ask them about additional SWUs for "overachieving Exec Plats." in your situation. If you still have SWUs they may give a slightly more "..well, call us back when you run out..." type answer.

But, call. For sure. Unless you're not interested in extra SWUs.
that's good advice. I will indeed call!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by anabolism
Originally Posted by jmayo
I requalified for EXP last week and received my 8x 2015-16 SWU along with 2x "complimentary" SWU in my account yesterday. Anyone else get this?
When you requalified, how many EQPs did you have? Over 125 or 150k?
Originally Posted by DillMan
When you requalified, how many EQPs did you have? Over 125 or 150k?
Well I would assume he had 100k EQPs since that is what is required to requalify.
Not sure what your point is. First, EXPs (re)qualify by either 100k EQM or EQP or 100 sectors, so simply requalifying doesn't mean someone has 100k EQP. Second, my post quoted jmayo who reported received an unexpected two complimentary SWUs upon requalifying. Third, I clarified my question regarding how many EQPs jmayo had by further asking if it was over 125k or 150k. Given this context, I'm puzzled as to your point as well as your assumption. Could you clarify, please?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Not sure what your point is. First, EXPs (re)qualify by either 100k EQM or EQP or 100 sectors, so simply requalifying doesn't mean someone has 100k EQP. Second, my post quoted jmayo who reported received an unexpected two complimentary SWUs upon requalifying. Third, I clarified my question regarding how many EQPs jmayo had by further asking if it was over 125k or 150k. Given this context, I'm puzzled as to your point as well as your assumption. Could you clarify, please?
If the requal was done with EQP, then EQP would be 100k.

If the requal was done with EQM, then EQP < 100K or else would have already requal via EQP.

Nobody can just requal and also have 125k or 150k EQP unless they flew a lot of expensive segments in one month.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JMN57
If the requal was done with EQP, then EQP would be 100k.

If the requal was done with EQM, then EQP < 100K or else would have already requal via EQP.

Nobody can just requal and also have 125k or 150k EQP unless they flew a lot of expensive segments in one month.
Thanks for clarifying your point. People who fly international J or F may exceed the 100k threshold by a good bit by the time the system updates. In my own experience, there is often a significant delay before the email notification that I've requalified. I didn't know if the poster's two additional SWUs were deposited immediately upon the system noticing he or she had requalified, or if he or she received the email, checked, and saw the 8 + 2.

The subsequent posts about CK make the most sense, I think.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Its a pity that AA has not rolled out any promos, in my case it would have generated some more booked tickets, but now I just diversified the mileage for the rest of the year as I am sure many other did.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AA PLT, EXP, Hilton Diamond
What were your EQP's counts in each of your cases?
88k EQP
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:49 am

Thanks for clarifying your point. People who fly international J or F may exceed the 100k threshold by a good bit by the time the system updates. In my own experience, there is often a significant delay before the email notification that I've requalified. I didn't know if the poster's two additional SWUs were deposited immediately upon the system noticing he or she had requalified, or if he or she received the email, checked, and saw the 8 + 2.

The subsequent posts about CK make the most sense, I think.
I was surprised as anyone. They were automatically posted with my requalified 8x. I currently stand at 110k EQM and 88k EQP. I do have roughly 50k booked between now and the end of the year, and that does not include any "regular" business travel I do monthly in October, November and December. .
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Um the unlimited upgrades, free booze, free snacks and SWU's arent enough of a perk to make you want to get to EXP?
I LOVE the unlimited upgrades, but I can't drink (work when I land) and the snacks are a pain in the butt, because the only flights I get them on are RJ145 where the FA never gives them to me, I always have to ask, and quite frankly, I dislike the crasins.

I have yet to use a SWU and I don't think I will before they expire. a majority of my trips are 500-1000 mile domestics.

For me, EXP is about the discounted AC (which I already renewed, so I'm good there) and the free upgrades, which I will miss a ton. I don't see me flying an extra 20 segments out of my own pocket just to get that.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:37 pm
Suspended

88k EQP
I was surprised as anyone. They were automatically posted with my requalified 8x. I currently stand at 110k EQM and 88k EQP. I do have roughly 50k booked between now and the end of the year, and that does not include any "regular" business travel I do monthly in October, November and December. .
In that case, i'd say whatever those SWUs are-- and I wouldn't be able to guess what they might be-- one thing they aren't is related to overachieving EPs or any version thereof/ or anything like it. Must be something specific on your account, I'd assume-- you didn't have any issues with SWUs expiring or not getting returned to your account or anything?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 pm

In that case, i'd say whatever those SWUs are-- and I wouldn't be able to guess what they might be-- one thing they aren't is related to overachieving EPs or any version thereof/ or anything like it. Must be something specific on your account, I'd assume-- you didn't have any issues with SWUs expiring or not getting returned to your account or anything?
Under Upgrades on the aa.com site, where it states "category" and "date earned "... There are two listings:

1. Exec Platinum - July 31
2. Complimentary - Jan 22

They just appeared on the same day ( Aug 5), and are both valid through 2016.

JonNYC...any thoughts? Never seen this before.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Under Upgrades on the aa.com site, where it states "category" and "date earned "... There are two listings:

1. Exec Platinum - July 31
2. Complimentary - Jan 22

They just appeared on the same day ( Aug 5), and are both valid through 2016.

JonNYC...any thoughts? Never seen this before.
Seeing that Jan 21 date I definitely do have thoughts on the matter. I'd think there was some screwup on your account and these were deposited as a make-up (yes, many months later.)

You don't recall any SWU issues you might have had in the last year or two?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:38 pm

I tried to post this question at twitter and from the way AA responds, there is no more Elite Rewards in 2014! I am already at the 139,000EQP level, so it is disappointing to not to have something to help me reconsidering flying AA and/or Oneworld for the rest of 2014. Maybe I will even maintain my VX Gold this year.

Given all the cutbacks and mostly bad news since this merger, it will be nice to throw out some candies to lessen the pain that most loyal flyers experienced during this merger. But we just need to get use to the new "Parker" style!

Carfield
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carfield
I tried to post this question at twitter and from the way AA responds, there is no more Elite Rewards in 2014!
Funny thing is, there answer varies (look at AA's last reply in this exchange) :
https://twitter.com/danmiami/status/497962343603929089

And, no, I don't think you can take AA's Twitter seriously in cases like this.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Carfield
Given all the cutbacks and mostly bad news since this merger, it will be nice to throw out some candies to lessen the pain that most loyal flyers experienced during this merger. But we just need to get use to the new "Parker" style!

Carfield
I think it's time for the consumer (especially the moving and shaking consumer who can influence the way things go) to wage a battle against this new, deplorable style...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I think it's time for the consumer (especially the moving and shaking consumer who can influence the way things go) to wage a battle against this new, deplorable style...
I doubt they would actually care enough to be swayed.. after all, I am sure, like myself, there are those who work for themselves, pay for the cheapest ticket, and hope that the trip was worth thier bottom line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.