FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   FAQ: Baggage / Luggage Rules, Allowance, Through-check on AA & Other Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1575249-faq-baggage-luggage-rules-allowance-through-check-aa-other-airlines.html)

DFW DL Jan 29, 2020 1:03 am

As a OWE you are entitled to three checked bags on each flight. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...age-policy.jsp

mvoight Jan 29, 2020 8:11 am

For the plane type, ERD
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...er_ERJ-140.php
41 seats with 31 inch pitch, 17 inch width
3 seats (row 11, exit) with 33 inch pitch, 17 inch width
seating is with one seat on the port side, 2 seats on the starboard side.
I prefer the single seat side

startpacking Feb 8, 2020 10:41 am

TATL luggage fees

I'm a MM with AA. Looking at buying two TALT tickets on AA but for flights operated by BA. The tickets will be on AA stock. Both tickets will be booked at the same time under the same PNR number.

My question is how luggage fees will apply. As an AA Gold (One World Ruby) member am I entitled to two free checked bags (ie, one bag per traveller on the same PNR). Or, just one free checked bag for myself. The person I will be traveling with has no status. Or, as the flight is operated by BA do their baggage policies apply, in which case I understand we're allowed one bag each.

shd9 Feb 8, 2020 12:09 pm

The baggage allowance would be on your ticket receipt. Usually baggage allowance is based on marketing carrier, and seating policy is based on operating carrier for the TATL JV

Antarius Feb 12, 2020 9:22 am

Need some quick advice. on AA 50 landing at LHR at 9:20 AM with a checked bag. Am looking to book a separate BA ticket LHR-DUB at 12:00. My understanding is AA will not through check my bag

Thoughts on this? Cutting it too close to claim bags, go from T3 to T5 and check in?

Antarius Feb 13, 2020 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 32063414)
Need some quick advice. on AA 50 landing at LHR at 9:20 AM with a checked bag. Am looking to book a separate BA ticket LHR-DUB at 12:00. My understanding is AA will not through check my bag

Thoughts on this? Cutting it too close to claim bags, go from T3 to T5 and check in?

Update - just did this and had no issues. Had time to get my bag, have a coffee at the AA Arrivals lounge and shower then take the train to T5 and relax in the Galleries First lounge for 45 mins.

superspudbucket Feb 22, 2020 8:02 am

AA Platinum Baggage Benefits, Basic Economy Ticket, FinnAir Metal

I'm AA Platinum. Contemplating buying a Basic economy RT ticket from the US to HEL.
Outbound I have a AA connector flight to ORD, and then am on AY metal to HEL.
Return, I start with AY metal to ORD, then my connector flight back home.

As AA Platinum I get two free checked bags on AA and I believe it remains true for basic economy flights.

I'm trying to figure out what my baggage allowance will be when I check in with FinnAir for my return flight. I could see it as either 1 or 2 bags.

Thanks.

JDiver Feb 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Your checked baggage allowance stated on the ticket would guide your allowance. For the return, checking in with AY:

Otherwise, AY says:

Economy Light, Flights to/from North America** 0 PC

Finnair Plus Gold, Platinum and Platinum Lumo members and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members can take one additional bag on one world marketed flights operated by Finnair.

galawdawg Apr 7, 2020 12:40 pm

Checking bags through MIA with ten hour overnight layover

Looking at booking travel from US to Caribbean for the end of the year and my preferred routing has a ten hour overnight layover in MIA (first flight arrives 9pm, second leg departs 7am). Single ticket.

Can anyone confirm that AA will still through check bags to final destination on this ten hour layover, even though it is overnight?

I sent an email to AA the other day but the auto-reply says response time is at least seven business days.

Nephoi May 13, 2020 2:11 pm

free luggage as OW sapphire

hey folks,

im so sorry but im kinda confused and lost in translation here.

i know that NOBODY has a free checked bag in transatlantic basic economy = fare class b. so far so clear

but would this itiniary
BER-LHR-JFK-LAX outbound "main cabin", fare classes S and O (fare BA OLN4T...)
and
SEA-PHL-LHR-HEL-TXL inbound "main cabin" fare classes Q (fare AA qln4t...)

grant the traveller a free checked bag on the outbound although the bopoking process only show me
outbound:
Adults and children
CHECKED BAG, 0 Free

inbound:
Adults and children
CHECKED BAG, 1 Free

Kind regards

Nephoi

mvoight May 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Elites on AA get their standard baggage allowance with a Basic Economy fare, so 2 bags each on the return
I don't know about BA

Nephoi May 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 32372762)
Elites get their standard baggage allowance with a Basic Economy fare
Elites can also board with their normal boarding group if on a Basic Economy fare

i was told otherwise.

mvoight May 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Nephoi (Post 32372781)
i was told otherwise.

I meant for the AA return, BASIC would get a bag
I am unclear on your question. You mentioned Basic economy, but aren't the fares you mentioned not Basic?
On a regular, non basic BA fare, you would get 2 bags as sapphire.

Nephoi May 13, 2020 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 32372786)
I meant for the AA return, BASIC would get a bag
I am unclear on your question. You mentioned Basic economy, but aren't the fares you mentioned not Basic?
On a regular, non basic BA fare, you would get 2 bags as sapphire.

i booked b class first , cancelled and and have now booked the above. Cause aa rep told me in main cabin and anything but b class, there will be a checked bag for ow sapphire. I just wanted to be sure...

mvoight May 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nephoi (Post 32372799)
i booked b class first , cancelled and and have now booked the above. Cause aa rep told me in main cabin and anything but b class, there will be a checked bag for ow sapphire. I just wanted to be sure...

Ok. On AA elites get their standard baggage allowance when traveling on a Basic Economy fare. It looks as this is not the same for BA. As you are checking in with AA for the return I assume you would get 2 bags no matter which AA fare category your were in