Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA / AAdvantage status not properly showing up when flying US (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA / AAdvantage status not properly showing up when flying US (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: US Chairman, BA Bronze, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DCdeacon
I'm US Platinum - the first time I booked a flight through Concur (corporate travel portal) on AA, my Delta FF# somehow ended up in my AA reservation. When I went to change it, I wasn't able to do it online (the field was literally grayed out with no way to change it). The first call to AA resulted in "we have no idea how to fix that, you'll have to deal with it at the airport." A second call back finally got it removed, after about 20 minutes.

Since then, I've purposely left my FF# blank when making a booking, and then later go into the AA website/reservation and add it. After that first experience, I've had no problem with being able to select MCE seats, etc.

I don't know if it's normal, but on my AA BP, my status doesn't show anywhere. It does say "PA" for Priority Access, but there is no actual named status level printed anywhere. I haven't had a problem with boarding yet, but I keep my US card handy just in case.
Update to a post I made earlier this week in the AA/US Reciprocal Elite Benefits forum:

I'm a US CP and received email a few weeks ago indicating status was now valid through Feb 2015. I've been flying American Eagle two times per week for the last three weeks now and have noticed that my boarding group is in steady decline.

On 2/18 my boarding group showed as Explat Priority AAccess.

On 2/24 my boarding group showed as simply Priority AAccess.

On 2/27 my boarding group showed as Group 1. I asked at the gate and they didn't know why but said it didn't really matter as Group 1 / Priority AAccess boarding at the same time. Fine.

Since, I've flown twice on American Eagle this week and had my boarding group shows as Group 2. Tried to board with Priority AAccess showing my US CP card and was rebuffed both times. First time was because my card "had expired" (which it has, since US hasn't issued the new cards for the 2014 membership year) and the second time was told that US elites will now be boarding after all AA and Oneworld elites as a matter of policy. Who knows but assume the latter was just an ill-informed agent.

Any idea when US-AA will fix the reciprocal elite status identification which was working fine 10 days ago (for me, anyway)?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ORDGUY747
Update to a post I made earlier this week in the AA/US Reciprocal Elite Benefits forum:

I'm a US CP and received email a few weeks ago indicating status was now valid through Feb 2015. I've been flying American Eagle two times per week for the last three weeks now and have noticed that my boarding group is in steady decline.

On 2/18 my boarding group showed as Explat Priority AAccess.

On 2/24 my boarding group showed as simply Priority AAccess.

On 2/27 my boarding group showed as Group 1. I asked at the gate and they didn't know why but said it didn't really matter as Group 1 / Priority AAccess boarding at the same time. Fine.

Since, I've flown twice on American Eagle this week and had my boarding group shows as Group 2. Tried to board with Priority AAccess showing my US CP card and was rebuffed both times. First time was because my card "had expired" (which it has, since US hasn't issued the new cards for the 2014 membership year) and the second time was told that US elites will now be boarding after all AA and Oneworld elites as a matter of policy. Who knows but assume the latter was just an ill-informed agent.

Any idea when US-AA will fix the reciprocal elite status identification which was working fine 10 days ago (for me, anyway)?
Thanks for the data points - not good to hear. Keep us updated as to how this progresses...
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Platinum, SM, OP, HHonors Gold, SPG Ambassador
Originally Posted by dtremit
Flying AA or US? Not that it's acceptable either way...
I think that it was AA but it may have been on US stock.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: AA Plat
Us Plat on AA

Just completed a rt on AA (4 segments) and each boarding pass only said priority access and it did have the last 3 digits of my US dividends mile number. However, honestly, when boarding started I had no idea when to board. The 4 announcements were different. On my last leg, I jumped in after uniformed military and they let me through. Very confusing.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
AA Plat on US metal

Recently did ORD-PHL-DUB-PHL-ORD on the 757 TATL. I redeemed 30k US for the trip and was dreading the 757 in Y. At ORD was able to add my AAdvantage number and able to get exit row, boarding and all the AA plat perks. Did the same at DUB on the return and each time the BP had the correct status etc. I was very happy with the whole experience.

Last edited by NWA747SNN; Mar 12, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:13 pm

This still isn't sorted out. I booked a US flight for my wife and I using our BA miles, then I changed the FF# to my lifetime Gold AA# using the Finnair site. I was then able to select preferred seats on usairways.com, but they tried to charge me for baggage at online check in. I declined, figuring I'll try my AA Gold card at the airport. My boarding pass does show Ruby (which could have no other source than my AA Gold), but not specifically AA Gold, which is what should get me one free bag. Also, the last time I flew AA, which was also on a BA award, I was given TSA Pre, but not this time, though my wife, with zero status in any of the programs involved, is marked Pre.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DCdeacon
I'm US Platinum - the first time I booked a flight through Concur (corporate travel portal) on AA, my Delta FF# somehow ended up in my AA reservation. When I went to change it, I wasn't able to do it online (the field was literally grayed out with no way to change it).
I've seen that bug in Concur. I have a "Change frequent flyer program" option (link) in concursolutions.com that will let me change the FF program after the trip is booked. It is located in the "Trip Overview" section on the summary page.

This has been working for me for a few months now. I'll chose US or AA for a flight and my JetBlue number will end up in the airline's record. The airline can't change it but I can go back to concursolutions.com after the fact to update the airline system.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by dhacker
This still isn't sorted out. I booked a US flight for my wife and I using our BA miles, then I changed the FF# to my lifetime Gold AA# using the Finnair site. I was then able to select preferred seats on usairways.com, but they tried to charge me for baggage at online check in. I declined, figuring I'll try my AA Gold card at the airport. My boarding pass does show Ruby (which could have no other source than my AA Gold), but not specifically AA Gold, which is what should get me one free bag. Also, the last time I flew AA, which was also on a BA award, I was given TSA Pre, but not this time, though my wife, with zero status in any of the programs involved, is marked Pre.
So the agent at DCA said I did the right thing by not paying at online check in. He let both of us check one bag free based upon my AA Gold. Pleasant surprise since I thought only I would be entitled to a free bag. However, we just checked in on the return, and the agent at HHH had a hell of time even getting one free. Had to pay the $25 for the second.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Executive Elite
I guess I must have gotten lucky. I flew TPA-DFW-STL-DFW-TPA two weeks ago and except for a small issue at check-in, I had no problems at all. My AA Platinum number was not on the PNR at all, just my US CP number. At check-in, the agent did tell me there would be a $25 fee for the bag. I told her I was a US CP, she asked for my card, did a few things in the computer and it was cleared up, even got priority tags. The BP did not have any status on it but did list Priority AAccess. I carried my CP card with me for elite boarding. At booking I was able to select MCE seats using my CP number, had no issues accessing the AC with my US membership and even received a free snack in the main cabin on my return DFW-TPA flight, which I was not expecting to get, even had the credit card out and ready. I wasn't interested in a snack on the outbound flight so this could have been an individual FA thing, not sure. I will be on AA again this week, TPA-DFW-MFE, we'll see how it goes this time around....
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
oneworld (not AA) status showing on US Air pax list

Thought this was interesting and didn't see any other posts about it....

Recently I've flown several US Air flts, specifying my AA EXP number when reserving. Each time, my status has shown up as EXP (or whatever abbreviation they use) on the paperwork, e.g., pax list the FA uses for drink orders in FC.

On my flt yesterday, which I booked exactly the same as I always do, my status showed up as Emerald. And this must be somewhat new/unusual, since the FA made a point of showing me that I was her first Emerald.

Anyone know what motivated this change, or what implications it may have?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
IME this is standard for OneWorld airlines.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Another problem is that US boarding passes don't show any Priority status and security people often don't allow me to use preferred security lanes as they don't know you're eligible.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scottmlew
Recently I've flown several US Air flts, specifying my AA EXP number when reserving. Each time, my status has shown up as EXP (or whatever abbreviation they use) on the paperwork, e.g., pax list the FA uses for drink orders in FC.
That would be Emerald.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Since US doesn't have the EXP-benefit to Y seated top-tier elites, not sure this change makes that big of a difference on US metal.

On AA, as CP, I was offered the benefit on 2 of 3 legs, prior to joining OW. Last week, there was no mention of the benefit, but I had both my CP card as well as a payment card ready, the FA noticed and said it would be free. I know prior to 3/30 CP's were showing as EXP on their manifests, per reports.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer78
Since US doesn't have the EXP-benefit to Y seated top-tier elites, not sure this change makes that big of a difference on US metal.

On AA, as CP, I was offered the benefit on 2 of 3 legs, prior to joining OW. Last week, there was no mention of the benefit, but I had both my CP card as well as a payment card ready, the FA noticed and said it would be free. I know prior to 3/30 CP's were showing as EXP on their manifests, per reports.
On manifests all Emeralds appear as EP. It's the same edit for the whole status. You have to look further to see if it's an AA/US/BA/JL number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.