Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Earning AA Miles/LPSs (&EQM / EQD / EQS) on EY / Etihad (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on EY / Etihad Arways & Posting, etc. (consolidated)
NOTE: AA - EY codeshares end 25 Mar 2018.

AAdvantage members can only earn EQM - EQD - EQS flying Etihad Airways as an American Airlines marketed flight (codeshare). As these codeshares will end 1 Mar 2018, only Award Miles will be able to be earned on EY. No major changes are expected in other aspects of flying Qatar Airways. AA can always modify EQM and Award Miles earnings on partner airlines.

Link to aa.com Earn and redeem miles with Etihad Airways

Also see Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - as of 2016 (master thd)

Flying as an Etihad marketed / coded flight, you will earn Award ("redeemable") (not Elite Qualifying) miles, including applicable class of service bonus miles, as shown in the chart here. AA EQM / EQS / EQD may be earned flying as an AA codeshare / marketed flight as if one were flying AA, or as Qantas earning as if you had flown QF.

Flying Etihad garners award and class of service bonus miles; no oneworld status bonus miles are earned, nor is there a minimum mileage guarantee.

Etihad often fails to provide the needed information to AA even if one’s Aa FFN is entered into thevrecord and on one’s boarding pass, causing the AA award miles to fail to post. In these cases AA may well require the used boarding passes as evidence miles should be forthcoming.

Earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles for travel on Etihad Airways within the Middle East and between the Middle East and:
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • North America
  • South America

Earn miles

To earn AAdvantage miles when you fly on Etihad Airways marketed and operated flights as well as Etihad Airways codeshare flights operated by American Airlines:
  • Buy an eligible published fare ticket booked in an eligible code
  • Fly an eligible route

Specific flights, routes or cities that are excluded from earning miles or award travel are listed as exceptions if applicable.

Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA flight number) and operated by Etihad Airways will earn AAdvantage base miles and elite qualifying miles, points and segments according to the AA mileage accrual chart. Beginning May 1, 2015, travel between North America and Abu Dhabi (AUH) on Etihad Airways operated and marketed flights are also eligible for AAdvantage award (not EQ) miles accrual.
Print Wikipost

Earning AA Miles/LPSs (&EQM / EQD / EQS) on EY / Etihad (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ad-airways.jsp
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by floco
Hi All

Recently flew a paid D fare NBO-AUH-HKG and entered my AAdvantage account to credit as it seems there is no restriction on AA website to credit EY flights.
Am I wrong to expect I should get some miles on AAdvantage after flying EY marketed/operated flight ?

Thanks
You can get wadmiles, depending on the fare class. No Elite Qualifying Miles, Dollars, zsegments unless flown as AA or Qantas codeshare on a qualifying fare.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by floco
Hi All

Recently flew a paid D fare NBO-AUH-HKG and entered my AAdvantage account to credit as it seems there is no restriction on AA website to credit EY flights.
Am I wrong to expect I should get some miles on AAdvantage after flying EY marketed/operated flight ?

Thanks
I took a flight a October and I am having difficulty getting an AA miles credit.
I had entered my AA number on the EY website, but I did not get the miles. I submitted a missing miles request (on AA.com), but they do not seem to be accepted the information that I submitted. they were asking for a copy of our boarding passes, but I do not have them.

Please come back and post if you are successful.

does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get the miles credited?

Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I've had EY post fine for 2 segments and 2 others I had to chase. The latter two REQUIRED copies of the boarding pass. HIGHLY suggest NEVER EVER throw out boarding passes on partner credit until they post. There may be limited recourse without them
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AC, AF, EY, AA
I had my AA number attached to my reservation and it is printed on my boarding pass. However miles did not post after 3 weeks so I submitted a missing miles claim this morning with AA. Now waiting to see if miles post.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I'm missing miles from a recent JNB-AUH-ORD trip on EY. This itinerary also contained a CPT-JNB segment on BA which posted within 48 hours. All on a single ticket. I tried to submit a missing miles request on AA.com, but the system would not accept the information I gave it (ticket number, etc.) so I wrote in to advantage customer service. Response was to write back once it's over 30 days if they still haven't posted. It's been almost 4 weeks at this point, nothing. Will be contacting them again next week, but I don't have the boarding passes, so I suspect I'll never see those miles...
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:40 pm

EY does not seem to be very cooperative with AA on having the miles posted... I still have my boarding passes so lets see how it turns out
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: Executive Platinum
I sure do wish AA or EY would have made it clear that I needed to save our boarding passes. I thought I was covered by having my AA frequent flyer numbers on the EY reservation. Is there anyway to get a copy? I called Etihad and they were not helpful.
i though the reservation/booking numbers would have been enough information.

Since I flew on two 15 hour Etihad flights I am losing a lot of miles.

Lesson learned.

AA is not be very helpful as they are not telling me that they need additional information, but they did ask for the boarding passes.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:07 am

AAmiles from Etihad

hey all, what’s the current lead time for EY flights to get creditited to AAdvantage?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Following up on this since there seems to be some recent interest. I reached out to advantage customer service again once it was over 30 days. They requested I provide the receipts and boarding passes to "speed up the process" with EY. It was also noted that I could request these documents from EY if I did not have them. As mentioned I do not have the boarding passes anymore, but I did forward along the receipt (which also showed my AA account number, not sure if that helped my cause). I told them I would request boarding passes from EY but never got around to doing it. I did not receive a follow up response from AA, but about 15k miles magically appeared in my account yesterday. These flights were on 12/1 and 12/3, but better late than never. I would urge anyone up thread who still hasn't gotten their miles to keep following up.
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:27 pm

Just contacted them, wondering if twitter might be the faster option as they are usually really good via there.
Flew in F with Etihad so do not want to lose those miles...hoping to use them for an upgrade flight
will keep updating as it comes along.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:46 pm

AA asked me to send a copy of my EY boarding pass via email. Still waiting for the miles to post.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Has anyone had miles automatically post from Etihad? I had 4 flights 2 weeks ago and none have posted.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
AA miles from Etihad flight - not posted

I have completed the outbound leg of a r/t EY C flight, where my AAdvantage # was provided, shows on the reservation, and even showed on the BP. It's been 2 weeks now since the outbound journeys have taken place, and no miles have been posted to AA.

Is this normal? When I complete the "Missing Miles" form and put in my EY ticket #, it just errors and says there is no match. Should I just wait, or is this something that requires a call? (And, if so, to AA or EY?)

Wisdom appreciated!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
Wisdom appreciated!
Don't have wisdom to add, but wanted to chime in to say I flew Etihad in the first week of December, and my miles haven't posted yet either. I figured - based on nothing - that I'd give it 30 days before wondering about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.