Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by roberttonti
Has anyone experienced their AA Airpass account closing without their knowledge or notice ?
Yikes. No, I have not. How much $ did you have in your balance? I'd call Airpass CS ASAP.
rtontdal likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: AirPass, AA Advantage, Ex plat
I renewed in Dec 2019 for a year with $30,000.
Covid shuts everything down March 15th 2020.
Contract was in place until Dec 13th 2020.
I was even asked to participate in the AirPass beta test March 5, 2020.
I did not travel much in 2020 or 2021. called recently "can't find your account" Huh??

They say we are working on it?? Working on what?? Scary but I'm hopeful.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rtontdal
I did not travel much in 2020 or 2021. called recently "can't find your account" Huh??

Am I missing the part where you extended the contract under the COVID allowances?
metallo and rtontdal like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Am I missing the part where you extended the contract under the COVID allowances?
I would assume that, without you and AA reaching a mutual agreement to extend the contract due to the pandemic, your contract likely expired, as originally written. Airpass was quite generous with such extensions last year, but you had to request them -- they weren't automatic. I was offered up to 12 months, if desired, although I didn't need that much time to exhaust the original funds!

I assume they'll likely work with you if you're truly out $30k, but legally, they may not have to do so (I'm a bit rusty on the standard Airpass contract policies, as I haven't reviewed mine in quite some time, but certainly all of these terms are well spelled out in your original agreement).
rtontdal likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:23 pm

Nope. in the past I paid a fee and extended for 6 months depending on my travel plans and dollars left.
Air Pass did not send me an extension amendment, email or text. I did find a 03/ 2020 UATP statement showing recent travel of -$1657.90
and a -$28,617.17 "transfer from VT to NexGen". So, I surmise I'm in the new NexGen system going forward.

01/May/2020 statement had an entry "04/07/2020-JB-absorb due $636.93"

Statements stop being delivered October 4th, 2021, $27,000 balance remaining.?? No further communication from Air Pass/NexGen
The information above came from looking back at every statement I have. I wasn't on top of things however Air Pass/NexGen never contacted me. I would have extended and paid a fee or added additional money had I been informed my contract required renewal.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:30 pm

I always received notice of renewal, so I knew they weren't "automatic". Granted.
I had to pay an extension fee or add additional funds for another contract year. As to what the contract says, I'm sure it's not written in my favor.

I do not think Nexgen has the right to take $27,000 dollars without so prior notice.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Nope. in the past I paid a fee and extended for 6 months depending on my travel plans and dollars left.
Air Pass did not send me an extension amendment, email or text. I did find a 03/ 2020 UATP statement showing recent travel of -$1657.90
and a -$28,617.17 "transfer from VT to NexGen". So, I surmise I'm in the new NexGen system going forward.

01/May/2020 statement had an entry "04/07/2020-JB-absorb due $636.93"

Statements stop being delivered October 4th, 2021, $27,000 balance remaining.?? No further communication from Air Pass/NexGen
The information above came from looking back at every statement I have. I wasn't on top of things however Air Pass/NexGen never contacted me. I would have extended and paid a fee or added additional money had I been informed my contract required renewal.
When you last extended it, what was the new expiration date?

Not following this well, but sounds like your extended contract expired October 2021, and you failed to reach out and extend it. So now it sounds like you’re at the mercy of their goodwill. They’re not under an obligation to inform you it was going to expire.

That said, I do think they’ll work with you to a degree, given the $27K balance.
rtontdal likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:32 pm
Suspended

I always received notice of renewal, so I knew they weren't "automatic". Granted.
I had to pay an extension fee or add additional funds for another contract year. As to what the contract says, I'm sure it's not written in my favor.

I do not think Nexgen has the right to take $27,000 dollars without so prior notice.
My bet is when they transferred to Nexgen, they forgot to add reminder emails. But I also bet the contract is written such that they don’t have to inform you. I mean really, $30K is a lot of money to simply forget about.
rtontdal likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:32 pm

Never heard of the Covid extension allowance. makes sense of course as nobody was flying for a good part of 2020
Old May 25, 2022, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Never heard of the Covid extension allowance. makes sense of course as nobody was flying for a good part of 2020
OK 🤷‍♂️
It seems like you really didn’t worry too much about your $30K sitting in AA’s bank account.
metallo likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone else having issues making AirPass bookings recently? I successfully made a couple today and now repeatedly get the below error message, despite having sufficient funds in the account.

Unable to continue with AirPass booking

Please log in to the AirPass account or contact your travel manager.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tismfu
Anyone else having issues making AirPass bookings recently? I successfully made a couple today and now repeatedly get the below error message, despite having sufficient funds in the account.

Unable to continue with AirPass booking

Please log in to the AirPass account or contact your travel manager.
Not here. I’ve made about 30 bookings and refunded 20 in the last two weeks. My only issues have been the standard AA.com crap that’s been going on of late. Not this error. I haven’t booked any today though, but yesterday three if so successfully.

I’d call Airpass CS if I were you.
tismfu likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Nope. I’ve been booking each week with no issues. I’ve also been canceling a ton too
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Has anyone seen the "new" interface offer a BA metal flight? For instance, if I search JFK-MAD, I get IB metal (AA code), and if I search JFK-HEL, I get AY metal (AA code.) Why don't I get BA metal options when searching JFK-LHR?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Have they figured out how to apply SWUs to Nexgen tickets yet? When it first launched, they couldn't, because Nexgen tickets can't be "changed" (only refunded and repurchased), but that can't be the final outcome, right? Basically, looking to buy J and upgrade to F on JFK-LAX, to use one of my soon-expiring SWUs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.