Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (ne AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you wont have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (ne AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:18 pm
  #811  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: STL/ORD/MCI/SAN
Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,990
Originally Posted by Well Red
Stupid question, I'm sure.... but I've not been able to find an answer either through AA's website or a search of the forums here. (And the AA live person I spoke with had no idea, either!)

If you book tickets using AirPass, do you accrue LPs based on (base fare+carrier fees)*status multiplier OR based on (BIS Miles * Cabin Multiplier)?

For example, if a AirPass ticket for a PP is ~$1000 ($900 base+fees, $100 taxes) and is ~2.5k BIS miles in length... would the LP accrual be:
a) 900*9 = 8100 LPs
b) 2500 * 3 - 7500 LPs

Or am I missing something else, entirely? And, yes... I'm aware that you can buy status by you investment in AirPass.... But some of us fly on corporate AirPass accounts and our earned status is higher than out assigned/purchased status.

Thanks!
Your award and loyalty points for Airpass tickets should both be calculated by the base fare, multiplied by your status multiplier, so option A in your example.

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
LOL I just realized I have zero idea how LPs work with Airpass tickets.
Had to double check, myself.
rtontdal likes this.
metallo is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:13 pm
  #812  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Dallas/Orlando
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 2,717
Originally Posted by metallo
Your award and loyalty points for Airpass tickets should both be calculated by the base fare, multiplied by your status multiplier, so option A in your example.
I can confirm that is how my AirPass trips have posted.
tismfu is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:16 pm
  #813  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Has anyone gotten their free annual wifi?

https://airpass.aa.com/airpass-faqs/

What are the complimentary in-flight amenities?

Members enjoy a complimentary snack or fresh meal and two standard alcoholic beverages when traveling on AirPass. When traveling on AirPass with a companion, you each enjoy a complimentary snack or fresh meal and one standard alcoholic beverage. Complimentary domestic Wi-Fi is also available to you through an individual annual AirPass Wi-Fi code.
rtontdal likes this.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:11 pm
  #814  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; B6 Mosaic
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Has anyone gotten their free annual wifi?

https://airpass.aa.com/airpass-faqs/

What are the complimentary in-flight amenities?

Members enjoy a complimentary snack or fresh meal and two standard alcoholic beverages when traveling on AirPass. When traveling on AirPass with a companion, you each enjoy a complimentary snack or fresh meal and one standard alcoholic beverage. Complimentary domestic Wi-Fi is also available to you through an individual annual AirPass Wi-Fi code.
Yes, they sent a new code to me on 01 APR 2022. (It did get flagged as Junk Mail, but I found it when purging that folder.)
rtontdal likes this.
Well Red is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:13 pm
  #815  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; B6 Mosaic
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by metallo
Your award and loyalty points for Airpass tickets should both be calculated by the base fare, multiplied by your status multiplier, so option A in your example.
Had to double check, myself.
Originally Posted by tismfu
I can confirm that is how my AirPass trips have posted.
Thank you both! I haven't flown on AirPass since the LP switch, and when I called AA to ask... nobody had an answer. There was a lot of "I think it might be"s. =)
Well Red is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:21 pm
  #816  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Originally Posted by Well Red
Yes, they sent a new code to me on 01 APR 2022. (It did get flagged as Junk Mail, but I found it when purging that folder.)
Thank you. What was the precise subject so I can search?
BlooJoo is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:55 pm
  #817  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; B6 Mosaic
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Thank you. What was the precise subject so I can search?
"NEW Complimentary WiFi Code"

I think the NEW in all caps is probably what twigged my (rather strict) spam filters.
Well Red is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:32 pm
  #818  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Originally Posted by Well Red
"NEW Complimentary WiFi Code"

I think the NEW in all caps is probably what twigged my (rather strict) spam filters.
Ugh... I clean out my Spam about once weekly, and it looks like I deleted it. Guess I'll be calling Airpass in the AM. I also sent them an email, although not sure they'll respond to that. Thank you though.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old May 12, 2022, 5:19 pm
  #819  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Monica and Siena
Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Posts: 455
Airpass question - unexplained jump in fare from 3 weeks ago

3 weeks ago I booked LAX-JFK one way with instant upgrade available to business. Fare was $784 ++ 3 class typical trans con equipment. Yesterday I booked the same route for next week, took the instant upgrade and the fare was $1,200++. I called the airpass customer service today - they saw what I saw - and did not have an answer. Said they would get back to me tomorrow (it was the end of their day). The miles on the route did not change, nor did the base price of X cents per mile for a Economy fare (not a fare saver price). Anyone have an answer or a similar experience? Thank you.....
Cannonball Run is offline  
Old May 12, 2022, 5:47 pm
  #820  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
3 weeks ago I booked LAX-JFK one way with instant upgrade available to business. Fare was $784 ++ 3 class typical trans con equipment. Yesterday I booked the same route for next week, took the instant upgrade and the fare was $1,200++. I called the airpass customer service today - they saw what I saw - and did not have an answer. Said they would get back to me tomorrow (it was the end of their day). The miles on the route did not change, nor did the base price of X cents per mile for a Economy fare (not a fare saver price). Anyone have an answer or a similar experience? Thank you.....
$784 seems really cheap for the instant upgrade on that route, unless you have discounted Airpass pricing. $1200 is much closer to what I remember paying. I have standard (but somewhat grandfathered) pricing. $784 sounds like the error. Maybe it was accidentally priced as regular domestic two class J? The premium transcons have special pricing under Airpass.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old May 15, 2022, 8:47 pm
  #821  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Just checked. The Instant Upgrade to J is pricing out at $1279++ JFK-LAX, same as always,
BlooJoo is offline  
Old May 23, 2022, 9:39 am
  #822  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Random question that just occurred to me: With the "new" Airpass system, it seems it will allow me to buy tickets for after the term date of the Airpass contract. Is this allowed, or will I have a problem trying to use said tickets? Thinking of booking JL F for next Spring (cherry blossoms), and my contract expires later this year.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old May 24, 2022, 8:25 pm
  #823  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Posts: 321
I am intrigued by this as my travel patterns have shifted in the last few months. I searched the thread but I'm not clear whether I can book roundtrips with Airpass or not. If I wanted to, do I pay 2x what I see on the fare calculator?
flyjfk is offline  
Old May 24, 2022, 9:02 pm
  #824  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I am intrigued by this as my travel patterns have shifted in the last few months. I searched the thread but I'm not clear whether I can book roundtrips with Airpass or not. If I wanted to, do I pay 2x what I see on the fare calculator?
You can book round trips, but theres literally no reason to. Airpass tickets cannot be changed, so youre better off buying two one ways and refunding/rebuying when you make changes. For every trip, I usually end up buying 4-6 tickets and using only two.

Also the price calculator doesnt include include taxes and fees IIRC, which can be about 10-15% of the fare.
flyjfk likes this.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old May 25, 2022, 3:22 pm
  #825  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Dallas
Programs: AirPass, AA Advantage, Ex plat
Posts: 5
AA airpass question

Has anyone experienced their AA Airpass account closing without their knowledge or notice ?

Last edited by rtontdal; May 25, 2022 at 3:23 pm Reason: clarity
rtontdal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.