Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Int'l. Airport Gates D15 and D30 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
D15 Admirals Club
Hours: daily 05:30am to 10:30pm

Facilities:
  • Complimentary food and drinks
  • Full service bar
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Showers

D15 Admirals Club
Hours: daily 05:30am to 11:00pm

Facilities:
  • Complimentary food and drinks
  • Full service bar
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Showers
  • Eight person conference room

Access requirements
Refer to the Admirals Club Access page on AA.com

Flagship Lounge
Please refer to the sister thread for information and discussion

Resources:
Link to the Lounge information page on AA.com

Link to the Miami airport information page on AA.com

Link to the AA forum MIA Airport Guide thread

Link to the official Miami Airport home page

Wiki update log
7 Jan 2023 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Int'l. Airport Gates D15 and D30 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
The Centurion Lounge had a chicken and potatoes small plate, with a bowl of potatoes, one soup, and a small salad bar.

The AC was the new normal AC fare: two soups, and what I would describe as tapas style (not actual Spanish tapas) ... cheeses, hummus, beans, etc. I missed the guacamole.

In my view, this was a bit of a draw from the food perspective. Then again, these were the only times I've been in a Centurion Lounge so I'm not sure if the MIA experience is typical. I certainly wasn't overwhelmed. From a food perspective, if I had a choice between the OneWorld Premium Lounge at MIA and the Centurion Lounge, the OneWorld Premium Lounge is the clear food winner.

Then again ... there are some nice Cuban places in the airport
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
D15 yesterday was so hot and crowded......even the bartender was fanning himself.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
As of yesterday, the E Premium Lounge is now "temporarily closed for renovations." I have updated the wiki. It's a shame--the food and drink choices there were far better than the MIA ACs and it is never crowded.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by taxatty56
As of yesterday, the E Premium Lounge is now "temporarily closed for renovations."
That's really too bad. I liked being able to get soda out of a can instead of a fountain machine. And who doesn't like self pour (better) drinks?
zpaul and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The E Lounge closed is a bummer. If you are going out of high D or E Gates the D15 club is out of the way.
zpaul likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm traveling on Monday and just got an email that the club at D30 has reopened. Any pictures or experiences. I guess the Flagship lounge will still be my choice when I qualify. It also says the E club is open, an agent told me a couple of weeks ago they closed it just to change something in the kitchen. Email text:

Visit our lounges Miami International Airport The renovated Admirals Club® lounge at Gate D30 is now open, and we're excited to welcome you into our completely redesigned lounge.

Additionally, you can use the Admirals Club lounges located in Concourse E and at Gate D15.

Last edited by FAA1996; Aug 13, 2018 at 12:07 am
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:22 am
Suspended

No pics but very spacious now at the D30 club. Multiple food serving areas. Not sure if E is reopened but I’ll probably be going by there tonight to see.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
I don't see any buzz on the new lounge, did the thread change?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by georgeroads
I don't see any buzz on the new lounge, did the thread change?
What kind of "buzz" are you expecting? It's an Admiral's Club, not a first class lounge.

Regards
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:48 pm

Hi folks -- will be flying business and connecting via Miami on my way to Brazil in a few weeks. After recent renovations, rule changes, etc., is there a hard-and-fast winner between D15, D30, Premium, and Flagship?
I have a 6-hour layover and am not sure it'll be worth an hour+ of transit to go to South Beach, etc., with my luggage, so I figure it's worth a little extra consideration.
Thank you!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by knicknut
Hi folks -- will be flying business and connecting via Miami on my way to Brazil in a few weeks. After recent renovations, rule changes, etc., is there a hard-and-fast winner between D15, D30, Premium, and Flagship?
I have a 6-hour layover and am not sure it'll be worth an hour+ of transit to go to South Beach, etc., with my luggage, so I figure it's worth a little extra consideration.
Thank you!
FLAGSHIP.
zpaul and SoggyDollar like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thank you!
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge

FLAGSHIP.
Ditto. A magnitude of difference.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:57 am

Thanks, folks! Since that seems to be an "easy" decision, I'm guessing Premium is my second choice if I can't get into flagship?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:22 am

Thanks, folks! Since that seems to be an "easy" decision, I'm guessing Premium is my second choice if I can't get into flagship?
That would be my suggestion.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:16 am
Suspended

Yes but remember the Premium Lounge in E doesn't open until 1PM. If you are at the airport before that hang out in D30 then move over at 1PM for better food options and self pour bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.