Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Drinks /Spirits Offerings & Policies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The current thread for the Admirals Club Food and Beverage discussion is

Admirals Club Food & Beverage master thread - 2016
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr

May be switching to AA if we move to Dallas, and was wondering about (non-premium) alcoholic beverage policy at Admiral's Clubs. The literature at aa.com mentions this: "Complimentary house wine, beer and spirits".

But I've also seen mention of drink coupons and there being a limit to the number per visitor on trip reports, etc. What is the low-down on this policy?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by gsupstate
May be switching to AA if we move to Dallas, and was wondering about (non-premium) alcoholic beverage policy at Admiral's Clubs. The literature at aa.com mentions this: "Complimentary house wine, beer and spirits".

But I've also seen mention of drink coupons and there being a limit to the number per visitor on trip reports, etc. What is the low-down on this policy?
They changed the policy recently. It used to be a cash bar, except for those that received coupons upon check-in at the club, such as int'l premium-cabin passengers.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
I've put the "limit" theory to the test quite often.. and have not been cut off. ^

However, I am sure they of course have the right to cut you off if they feel you are over the limit or choose not to serve you for whatever reason.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by gsupstate

The house stuff is indeed free for everyone.

The chits (usually two) are given for the premium stuff and handed out to F/J "international" passengers, EXPs and PLTS on international coach itineraries, and to non-AA oneworld elites traveling on domestic itineraries.

Last edited by sukn; Jun 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ssafro1
I've put the "limit" theory to the test quite often.. and have not been cut off. ^

However, I am sure they of course have the right to cut you off if they feel you are over the limit or choose not to serve you for whatever reason.
I'm sure if you offer the proverbial $1 with your drink order you'll be in good shape.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by sukn
The house stuff is indeed free for everyone.

The chits (usually two) are given for the premium stuff and handed out to F/J "international" passengers and to non-AA oneworld elites traveling on domestic itineraries.
Although the standard hand-out is two, I usually ask for more (chits) upon entering the club. I've never been refused and usually am asked "How many would you like?"
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Thanks for the quick replies! The trip report I recently read may have been an older one, as I don't think this person was in a premium cabin (and was on a domestic flight). He said on that trip that he was allowed 2 drinks/coupons at an LAX club and only one at a DFW club.

It appears AC may have liberalized their "house" alcohol policy, which is more in line with Skyclubs, which we're used to.

Thanks again all!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
chits can be used for chandon sparkling wine, more expensive reds/whites, and top shelf liquors, along with espress/capucino and bottled water (usually poland spring and perrier).
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:53 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
If your used to the Sky Club you will be disappointed with the "free" AC drinks. McCormick instead of Skyy for the vodka.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abk
If your used to the Sky Club you will be disappointed with the "free" AC drinks. McCormick instead of Skyy for the vodka.
You ought to see what I buy when no one else is looking!!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
Originally Posted by abk
...but I bet the majority of people cannot tell the difference after six or seven drinks.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:33 pm

The general rule is that well brand stuff is free, and call brand stuff is available for an extra charge.

The exception is that there may be some locations where local liquor laws don't allow them to give away free booze.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You may wish to check this thread: Lists of Complimentary / Well Alcoholic Beverages Available at Admirals Clubs.

Premium drinks (and a number of meal items) are available for payment, and premium drinks are available via chits (primarily for oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members flying internationally that day).

For Emeralds and First Class passengers flying allowed international and transcon routes, some locations offer Flagship Lounges, with more extensive free offerings.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:58 pm

I had no idea anything at the bar was free without a coupon. Sad to say, I used my "chits" at MIA for two bottles of pure spring water. They are still in my refrigerator as we speak.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trebex
I had no idea anything at the bar was free without a coupon. Sad to say, I used my "chits" at MIA for two bottles of pure spring water. They are still in my refrigerator as we speak.
No worries. Bottles of water aren't free so you put your chits to good use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.