Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge Meetup / Guest Offer thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older and obsolete posts pertinent to Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge meetups and guest offers. Please see the current thread:

Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge Meet Up & Guest Offer (master thread)

Thank you, AA Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge Meetup / Guest Offer thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I've added offers found from page 30 onward. I'll now read through the rest of the thread from the start looking for more offers on future dates. The two dates which have already past are included so the example can be set for removal and occasional clean-up.

Hopefully, once I've done this, no one will need to do it again!

Please, if there's something you don't like about how I've done this, do say so. As I've said, I'm a relative newcomer to this thread and have no feelings of authority or wiki-ownership here.

EDIT: I didn't realise this went back to 2012, I was taking notes about JDiver's planned meetup with Laphroaig bottles, ready to add them both in
From mid-2014, I've read over the posts and didn't find any other offers. Please do add any I may have missed.

Last edited by Arsey00; Apr 20, 2015 at 8:24 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Smile OFFER

Can someone add this to the wiki?

OFFER 26-APR-2015 / 13:00-17:00 / ORD
MEETUP 26-APR-2015 / 13:00-17:00 / ORD

I can guest in 1 to the Flagship Lounge, and I will be there with at least 3 other FT'ers (probably 5 FT'ers)

Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Can someone add this to the wiki?

OFFER 26-APR-2015 / 13:00-17:00 / ORD
MEETUP 26-APR-2015 / 13:00-17:00 / ORD

I can guest in 1 to the Flagship Lounge, and I will be there with at least 3 other FT'ers (probably 5 FT'ers)

Added!

I didn't also include the 'meetup' as an offer can be considered a meet up, while the other way around can't.

Does this seem reasonable?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I've added offers found from page 30 onward. I'll now read through the rest of the thread from the start looking for more offers on future dates. The two dates which have already past are included so the example can be set for removal and occasional clean-up.

Hopefully, once I've done this, no one will need to do it again!

Please, if there's something you don't like about how I've done this, do say so. As I've said, I'm a relative newcomer to this thread and have no feelings of authority or wiki-ownership here.

EDIT: I didn't realise this went back to 2012, I was taking notes about JDiver's planned meetup with Laphroaig bottles, ready to add them both in
From mid-2014, I've read over the posts and didn't find any other offers. Please do add any I may have missed.
Very nicely organized and user-friendly. Thank you!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Well done indeed Arsey00! ^ Now I have to start posting all my lounge offers in the US here as well, tough life

I have added the line: 'Updated to the post:xxx' to the wiki, so that you can easily see when/which was the last update and move from there.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Well done indeed Arsey00! ^ Now I have to start posting all my lounge offers in the US here as well, tough life

I have added the line: 'Updated to the post:xxx' to the wiki, so that you can easily see when/which was the last update and move from there.
Brilliant, nufnuf, excellent idea. Thank you.

Perhaps the campaign for a oneworld-based lounge thread starts here! (Meaning after everyone gets used to it, and provided we'd not be the only two users )
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Added!

I didn't also include the 'meetup' as an offer can be considered a meet up, while the other way around can't.

Does this seem reasonable?
Thanks for organizing this! Perhaps including meetups would be helpful, especially when those of us with AC or FL access have a guest with us, so we can't guest anyone in, but we'd like to meet up with others?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:17 pm

Please add to WIKI:

OFFER / 25-APR-2015 / 05:00-05:45 / LAX / FL / pmblinn
OFFER / 25-APR-2015 / 11:15-14:00 / DFW / AC (D) / pmblinn
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Thanks for organizing this! Perhaps including meetups would be helpful, especially when those of us with AC or FL access have a guest with us, so we can't guest anyone in, but we'd like to meet up with others?
Yes, I think we agree completely here on the need for MEETUPs, and they can of course be included. I was just thinking that an offer and a meetup with the same time and airport info might be redundant, as an offer could also be considered a meetup but not the other way around. Adjusting the wiki to reflect this.

When one cannot, or does not wish to, guest:

MEETUP / 01-JAN-2001 / 00:00-02:00 / ABC / TX / johndoe

Otherwise, OFFER and those who want to meet up can still get in touch, either by PM or by looking for the yellow FT tag

Originally Posted by pmblinn
Please add to WIKI:

OFFER / 25-APR-2015 / 05:00-05:45 / LAX / FL / pmblinn
OFFER / 25-APR-2015 / 11:15-14:00 / DFW / AC (D) / pmblinn
Done!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:29 pm

Yes, I think we agree completely here on the need for MEETUPs, and they can of course be included. I was just thinking that an offer and a meetup with the same time and airport info might be redundant, as an offer could also be considered a meetup but not the other way around.

When one cannot, or does not wish to, guest:

MEETUP / 01-JAN-2001 / 00:00-02:00 / ABC / TX / johndoe

Otherwise, OFFER and those who want to meet up can still get in touch, either by PM or by looking for the yellow FT tag

Done!
Perfect! That makes sense!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Credit The BA board users for this, I simply copied them
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This Wiki is great and long overdue, thanks for putting it together ^
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Have added in a couple of offers/meetups and updated the wiki accordingly
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Added a few offers for South East Asia towards the end of May/beginning of June if anybody needs guesting/likes company
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Happy to guest into the flagship lounge LAX in about an hour - send me a PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.