FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1185113-archive-lus-757-200-b75e-etops-east-transat-none-left-dec-2017-a.html)

PHL Nov 1, 2013 7:00 am

Originally Posted by crutch222 (Post 21706896)
I'm flying with my wife in March CLT-PHL-AMS and we are booked in seats 6D and 6F. How are these seats with respect to traffic around the lav? I would think there could be a noise issue on the TATL overnight flight. Also, are the tray tables in the arm rest? Are the seats comfortable enough to sleep in? TIA for any advice.

That is the trade off on this plane...both exit rows (6/7 and 25) are near the lavs. But bathroom traffic never seems to be a big issue for me. It's effectively 2 rows ahead of you and on the opposite side. As exit row seats go, especially for a couple traveling, 6DF are the ones to have.

There is a tray table in the arm rest, but there are also tray tables in the seat backs in front of you, which aren't really usable since they are over an arm's length away.

Wrend1 Nov 15, 2013 9:33 am

I'm on us 1794 clt-phl on a 757-200 in F. Is this the old envoy seat? or a regular F seat.

phlwookie Nov 15, 2013 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Wrend1 (Post 21790328)
I'm on us 1794 clt-phl on a 757-200 in F. Is this the old envoy seat? or a regular F seat.

Old Envoy. All of the old US East 757 fleet has them.

McSam18 Nov 15, 2013 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Wrend1 (Post 21790328)

Should be the old envoy seat

Wrend1 Nov 15, 2013 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ShaneMcConnell (Post 21790361)
Should be the old envoy seat

Nice one!

Cheers

Superguy Nov 18, 2013 7:48 am

New "respect" for the 757's old Envoy

Hey all,

I spent the weekend mileage running. I took convoluted routings from BWI to ANC and back as a proper runner should. :D That said, after spending 26+ hours in the air plus hours on layovers without having the ability to lay down, it wears you out.

Now I know the 757s are the ghetto birds of the US fleet. The old Envoy barcaloungers are pretty beat up and lag way behind the latest and greatest offerings in C. Crappy would be a good description.

Needless to say, my final leg was a 757 for CLT-BWI. Those barcaloungers were a welcome sight. Full recline, I was able to fall asleep quickly.

They may have been ghetto, but very comfortable when needed.

It'd be cool if they put one of these on the PHX-ANC run. Given the length of the flight, it'd be a lot more comfortable than the 319, especially on the redeye return.

DCdeacon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 am

Agreed--I think they're actually pretty good seats for lounging and a nap. I was on one for a PHX-CLT redeye a few months ago and I slept great. Flying one to Europe might be a different story, but a flight that's 4 hours or under, I have no problem with that seat.

Superguy Nov 18, 2013 10:03 am

Yeah, there's definitely better TATL, but for a domestic, it's not bad.

tommyleo Nov 18, 2013 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 21805192)
Full recline, I was able to fall asleep quickly.

They may have been ghetto, but very comfortable when needed.

Agreed! My gf and I scored UG's to these seats on both legs of a PHL-LAX rt earlier this year. When it comes to sleeping, those seats are WAYYYY better than the new "F" seats.

BoeingBoy Nov 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 21805192)
It'd be cool if they put one of these on the PHX-ANC run. Given the length of the flight, it'd be a lot more comfortable than the 319, especially on the redeye return.

Unfortunately during the summer all are committed to European flying, and that's the same time as the tourist season in Alaska. Also, only east crews can fly the Envoy 757 so scheduling might be a problem. Maybe something will change with the merger.

Jim

etsmyers Nov 20, 2013 7:21 am

I personally enjoy these aircraft. I have had a decent number of 321 flights in recent months and I loath those seats.

swag Nov 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Just found this thread, after being very surprised to see a 752 for my upcoming CLT-DFW flight. I've never seen anything but the A319/A321 on that route. (Flt #897, seems to be switching to the 752 sometime in December).

I think it's the version 4, seat map shows coach starting in row 4, and no seats 5ABC 6ABC.

Obviously really really really really hoping for the upgrade. It's been over a decade since I've had anything better than a standard F seat (on any airline) for a domestic mid-con. But if not, is consensus still that 6D is the best coach seat?

Superguy Nov 22, 2013 11:43 am

On a 757, I'd take the seats right in front of the front exit row in Y. I'd take C, then A. I think D and E are regular seat.

PHL Nov 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by swag (Post 21828359)
Just found this thread, after being very surprised to see a 752 for my upcoming CLT-DFW flight. I've never seen anything but the A319/A321 on that route. (Flt #897, seems to be switching to the 752 sometime in December).

Looks like they're adding capacity between hubs. We'll probably start to see larger equipment or more frequent flights between MIA, DFW and ORD to pmUS hubs in the coming months.

BoeingBoy Nov 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Plus during the winter it's relatively easy to upgage some flights for holiday traffic since more of the ETOPS planes are available (not flying TATL).

Jim