Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

RBC Avion points and conversion to AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RBC Avion points and conversion to AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Need to transfer a bunch of points now I guess.
Where did you read this news? What is the official date?

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Shareholder
As of next month, RBC Avion transfers will only receive 7 AA miles for every 10 Avion points redeemed. While on the surface this looks massively unfair, it should be noted that the C$ has declined against the value of the US$ by almost 30% in the past couple of years (or the US$ has continued to rise against all world currencies over that period). What used to be a "normal" 1 AA mile per C$1 spent could not be maintained.

The BMO DinersClub card has always had a lower conversion than 1:1, though from time to time we'd be offered a 20% or so bonus on transfers.

I doubt we'll ever see another real AAdvantage credit card up here. IIRC TD issued one after CP merged into AC but ended it a few years later. Our RDM earning prospects are getting pretty meagre up here, with this change coming and the lowering of RDM earnings from flights booked in discount fare categories.

Of course Avionpoints can still be used to purchase revenue flight tickets at a value of $1 per 100 points. And those tickets, on the appropriate partner airline, can still earn RDMs, EQMs and EQDs.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Scotia Points, Aeroplan, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bennyblanco

Thanks again!
May 7th is the date. The news is on the RBC website when converting points.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by bennyblanco

Thanks again!
Based the members' experience here, how long does a points transfer typically take from RBC to AA?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by illico
Based the members' experience here, how long does a points transfer typically take from RBC to AA?
3-5 business days.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Has anyone recently convert points from RBC to AA and how was the conversion rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.