Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

seat reservation questions following drop in status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator

Tried a search but came up empty. I am BA Gold (OWE) with multiple reservations this summer (July 4-20) on AA booked with Avios. On July 1, I will drop from Gold to Silver, so OWE to OW Sapphire. Does anyone know what will happen to my seat reservations in MCE? Will they stick or will I get booted? Right now I have an exit row on mainline or the front row of econ on regional jets, which for obvious reasons I wouldn't mind keeping. If it's AA policy to take away those seats after status changes, that's fine. I just want to be mentally prepared. Could it happen at check-in if it doesn't happen before that (some kind of sweep)? Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They will stick as long as nothing occurs that requires reseating. Ie plane change, IRROPS rebooking, etc. If reseating occurs then it will move you back to main cabin.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I believe that you will still keep the seats, however, if there are any schedule changes on your upcoming trips you may get re-booked on your current status level.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
As a oneworld sapphire, you'll still be eligible for free MCE seats anyway
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
thanks for the answers. glad to know sapphire status isn't much different from emerald for MCE seats, etc. Not sure why I thought that was only for OWE.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
thanks for the answers. glad to know sapphire status isn't much different from emerald for MCE seats, etc. Not sure why I thought that was only for OWE.
You will also have still have lounge access and 2 free checked bags
Old May 1, 2017, 9:35 am

You be moved from group 2 boarding to group 3 boarding I believe.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Related: I'm BA Silver (OWS) and have been looking at some options for a trip to the states next year. The AA site no longer appears to be offering me premium/MCE seat selection for free during the booking process [BAEC number entered, obviously] - this has changed in the last week or so.

Is this some policy change, or a sneaky upsell tactic? I haven't gone through with the booking to see if the website would allow reservation post-booking...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by etiene
Related: I'm BA Silver (OWS) and have been looking at some options for a trip to the states next year. The AA site no longer appears to be offering me premium/MCE seat selection for free during the booking process [BAEC number entered, obviously] - this has changed in the last week or so.

Is this some policy change, or a sneaky upsell tactic? I haven't gone through with the booking to see if the website would allow reservation post-booking...
I heard similar claims from OWS members as well recently but cannot confirm. At least AA's website says OWS is still offered complimentary MCE. Maybe try to call them?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...abin-extra.jsp
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I heard similar claims from OWS members as well recently but cannot confirm. At least AA's website says OWS is still offered complimentary MCE. Maybe try to call them?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...abin-extra.jsp
I'm not close enough to booking to bother - but wondered if anyone here had relevant knowledge... Be a shame if that was going away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.