Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SouthernCross

Shhhhhh!
Password changed this weekend. I know because I couldn't get connected up to WiFi in time to start game is thrones at the Phoenix lounge last night.
Scoit and enpremiere like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I like the Coke Freestyle Machines but I don't like the small glasses they provide for them.
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CMK10
I like the Coke Freestyle Machines but I don't like the small glasses they provide for them.
I go to the bar and ask for a tall glass and a straw
jcatman and donotblink like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seigex
Password changed this weekend. I know because I couldn't get connected up to WiFi in time to start game is thrones at the Phoenix lounge last night.
Why is it that I every time I check into the Admirals Club--where they can surely see my membership and frequent visits--I will be asked without fail if I need the password that's been the same for three months; and yet nary a peep when I check into the Flagship Lounge after the password changes?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

I go to the bar and ask for a tall glass and a straw
And I remember when SFO having among the first self-serve soda fountains was a big deal 8 years ago when the club opened. It seems inadequate and not worth my membership fee now knowing Freestyle machines exist in other clubs! Also, hopefully this doesn't kick my reply into OMNI/PR territory, but what's a straw?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Majuki
And I remember when SFO having among the first self-serve soda fountains was a big deal 8 years ago when the club opened. It seems inadequate and not worth my membership fee now knowing Freestyle machines exist in other clubs! Also, hopefully this doesn't kick my reply into OMNI/PR territory, but what's a straw?
According to the Internet a "Drinking Straw" is a short tube intended for transferring a beverage from its container to the mouth of the drinker by use of suction. Of course I'm old enough to remember them in real life however, looking things up on the Internet is so much more fun now that I don't have to crack open that dusty old dictionary.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum
I understand the logic behind frequent reminders of Basic Economy restrictions, but having the app pop them up every single time you open a BE record is basically just AA saying "we'd like to interrupt your day to remind you again that you bought the crappy fare."
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
Announcement of group 1 boarding when flying an ER4; it wastes several seconds before I am called in group 2. Come ON- there is no group 1 on this aircraft.

Also, when will I start hearing announcements for pre boarding for peanut allergies- I was looking forward to seeing if anyone took them up on it.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:41 am

It's impossible to use “wall wart” style power adapters with the seat outlets on most of the AA fleet. There’s not enough friction, and if the plug is not perfectly positioned, it loses contact. I’ve considered bringing along a roll of electrical tape to strap the adapter into place, but I doubt the cabin crew would be impressed.
stheller likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
It's impossible to use “wall wart” style power adapters with the seat outlets on most of the AA fleet. There’s not enough friction, and if the plug is not perfectly positioned, it loses contact. I’ve considered bringing along a roll of electrical tape to strap the adapter into place, but I doubt the cabin crew would be impressed.
I agree and do not consider this to be a stupid, least substantive complaint.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMK10
One of my most upsetting least substantive thing that bother the heck out of me is why isn't there Diet, Caffeine Free Coke available from those magnificent machines?????
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I guess a little more than least substantive. On Sunday I was nicely nested into seat 7F on a 738 at PHX when the GA comes onboard and demands to see my BP. I tell her the bp is on my phone but she won't give me 5 seconds to pull it up. Claiming I'm improperly seated I have to fight the incoming crowd to go back to the podium. When I arrive back at the podium the other GA says never mind the pax claiming to be in 7F gave us a wrong bp. So there I stand behind Group 9 to reboard the plane (luckily I didn't take any of my personal belongings with me). Doesn't AA's system tell them the pax that should be in that seat. If so it would clearly have shown my name and avoided all the drama.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MarJon
One of my most upsetting least substantive thing that bother the heck out of me is why isn't there Diet, Caffeine Free Coke available from those magnificent machines?????
It's called Coke Zero.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
It's called Coke Zero.
Coke Zero is caffinated
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Coke Zero is caffinated
Exactly! No way to mix my Rum and Caffeine Free Diet Coke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.