Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 737-Max 8 business class - is bulkhead better for rest vs regular seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

For the convenience of no layovers, I have an upcoming nonstop MEX-JFK flight...only catch is it's overnight (11:15pm depart-6am arrival).
I will likely want to get *some* rest and given the 737max business seats are nothing special, I was wondering if you guys recommend I book a bulkhead seat? I figured since there's no IFE anyway it might not be worth a regular seat, and especially since it's overnight, the person in front of me will likely recline, so at least in row 1 that won't happen. I'm not super tall either so I think the row 1 seats will be better for leg rest and no obstruction from a seat in front.

Thoughts or experiences?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by NickRivas
For the convenience of no layovers, I have an upcoming nonstop MEX-JFK flight...only catch is it's overnight (11:15pm depart-6am arrival).
I will likely want to get *some* rest and given the 737max business seats are nothing special, I was wondering if you guys recommend I book a bulkhead seat? I figured since there's no IFE anyway it might not be worth a regular seat, and especially since it's overnight, the person in front of me will likely recline, so at least in row 1 that won't happen. I'm not super tall either so I think the row 1 seats will be better for leg rest and no obstruction from a seat in front.

Thoughts or experiences?
I wouldn't want 1B or 1E because even though people aren't supposed to form a line at the front lavatory, people do anyway and FAs don't always enforce it. 1A/1F though, for an overnight that I want to sleep? Yes please.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: AA PPro
Personally, I always go for the back corner of the domestic F style cabin on redeyes to be as far from any disturbances as possible.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HiAperture
Personally, I always go for the back corner of the domestic F style cabin on redeyes to be as far from any disturbances as possible.
True, but if I remember correctly, the 737max doesn't have much of a separation between f and y...
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The bulkhead still has less leg room. Im 6' 2" + with long legs and I can't stretch out in the bulkhead properly. Would take any row other than 1.
​​​​​
the recline doesn't affect much unless you're planning to get up a lot.

you said you're not super tall, so if you're under 5' 10" then 1A or 1F are good.
PurpleMonkey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.