FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: “Bus. Purpose" Admirals Club Access: Gate Pass ONLY w/ rent conference room (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1001491-archive-bus-purpose-admirals-club-access-gate-pass-only-w-rent-conference-room.html)

JDiver Oct 31, 2018 11:05 pm

FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides

Member and Guest of Flying Business Purpose Access to Admirals Club - OVER

Link to the current thread.

14 Sep 2016 (unannounced), verified with Meeting Services and Admirals Club Service Center:

Gate passes will ONLY be available to previously declared participants at meetings in rented (paid for) conference facilities at those Clubs that have them. Participants must be registered at least 24 hours in advance with Club Member or Meeting Services (they're closed weekends).

NO MORE gate passes for Admirals Club members declaring business purposes more than 24 hours in advance.

NO MORE gate passes for Admirals Club members' guests when declaring business purposes more than 24 hours in advance.

NO MORE gate passes for Admirals Club members at the ticket counter (has been gone some time now).

Club members may still enter and use Admirals Clubs when they have airside access for other reasons than flying AA, but gate pass availability is gone other than as described above.

Revised Admirals Club Terms and Conditions: link.

Q. I am a member and would like to meet someone at the airport, but I'm not flying today. Can I get through Security to get to the Admirals Club lounge?

A: Generally not. If you have rented a conference room you and your conferees may access the Club by previous arrangement. Casual access / walking up to the ticket counter to request a gate pass is not permitted; please do not put employees in an uncomfortable position by asking.

Members and non-members can NO LONGER schedule and attend business meetings (rented conference room or non-conference room meetings) in the Admirals Club® or Executive Center without traveling.

To admit yourself and conferees you must call at least 24 hours in advance and have rented a conference room at that Club:

Please contact Admirals Club Customer Service at least 24 hours prior to your business meeting by dialing 1-800 237-7971 from the U.S, Canada, or Puerto Rico, and pressing Option 1 or by dialing 1-817-963-6100 (from international locations) between the hours* of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Central Time) and providing the following information at least 24 hours in advance:
  • Admirals Club number/AAdvantage® number
  • Legal name as it appears on government issued identification for each individual
  • Birth dates, including year, for each individual (maximum of two guests allowed for non-conference room meeting)*
  • Location, date and time of rented conference room meeting
We will arrange for Security clearance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to allow you to get to the lounge. This opportunity is available for Admirals Club members only (and their conferees attending a meeting in a paid conference room).

*(Times corrected to current service center hours)

From language on aa.com in the wiki of Admirals Club Membership: Annual, Citi Card and 30 Day (+ 1 Day Pass) (master thread). Italicized parts added for clarification.

Q. Am I required to rent a conference room to meet with others?

Yes, you are, as of 14 Sep 2015.

Q. Can't I just purchase a fully refundable ticket and use that?

It's honestly not a good idea, as this practice is specifically prohibited by American Airlines' Conditions of Carriage (Link):

American specifically prohibits practices commonly known as:

...Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as ... or to gain access to airport facilities....
Updated 17 Nov 2016 by JDiver