Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Full and various changes in terms & conditions, legal language eff 08 APR 14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Customer Service Plan

Before:
You can claim an AAnytimeŽ award for travel whenever you like - no travel embargo dates, restrictions - as long as the flight is not sold out.
Now:
You can claim an AAnytimeŽ award for any seat on any flight, with no blackout dates.
The effective date of the plan has not changed (it still says "effective Feb. 3, 2012", even though the language effective then was different).

Optional Service Charges
  • Multiple increases in baggage fees, as discussed in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...pr-2014-a.html.
  • Change in oversized baggage exception for U.K.: it used to be that baggage measuring more than 80 in/204 cm would not be accepted as checked baggage, but the new measurements are laxer at 126 in/320 cm.
  • Unaccompanied Minor fees not only increased 50% from $200 on a round-trip basis to $300, but now have an ominous "Fees subject to change" in the note column. I don't understand why they would call out this particular charge given that the entire enormous number of "optional service charges" are subject to change.
  • Transaction processing charge for buying miles increases from $30-$35 per transaction to $30-$40.
  • Ticketing fees for issuing ticket now contain the disclaimer "Ticketing fees vary by country".
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The International General Rules were updated as well.

Rule 0105 (Acceptance of Pets and Animals), Rule 0115 (Baggage Regulations - Applicable within Area 1), and Rule 0116 (Baggage Regulations - Applicable between Points in Area 1 and Points in Areas 2/3 Only) were merged into a single Rule 0116 (Baggage Regulations) and extensively rewritten.

The new rule for sure incorporates the increase in check-in time requirement (to 60 minutes) and all of the fee increases, but the rewrite is so complete and the rule so long that I would almost expect for some hidden and unannounced changes to be lurking in there, based on previous behavior.

Rule 0025 was updated with the 50% increase in the unaccompanied minor fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.