FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/932963-deqm-its-baaaack-2x-eqm-3-18-6-15-2009-consolidated.html)

travelingmore Jul 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks oklAAhoma - EXP to February 2011 - even better!

ttervooren Jul 20, 2009 1:53 pm

"Original Routing Credit" Flights

I had a couple AA flights that I was rerouted on due to "mechanical" issues. It took 5 tries, but I did finally get "original routing credit" (Thanks again to the FlyerTalkers that helped with this.)
My question is, am I eligible for DEQM for these flights? Anyone else do this and get DEQM? Mine have not posted yet.

nrr Jul 20, 2009 3:22 pm

As others have noted, the DBEQM miles posted on Sunday 7/19, pushing me over the 100K mark and renewed EXP for another year. Late in the evening on 7/19, I rechecked my acct, and found that 8 evips were in my bank (they were not there earlier). :) In the past, the posting of evip's was never this fast. ^^^for aa.

Short hair Francis Jul 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ttervooren (Post 12094795)
I had a couple AA flights that I was rerouted on due to "mechanical" issues. It took 5 tries, but I did finally get "original routing credit" (Thanks again to the FlyerTalkers that helped with this.)
My question is, am I eligible for DEQM for these flights? Anyone else do this and get DEQM? Mine have not posted yet.

As noted by others and myself in the posting batch of 6/14, any original routing credit will need to be manually credited by an Advantage customer agent.

paulmcgrath Jul 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 12095287)
As others have noted, the DBEQM miles posted on Sunday 7/19, pushing me over the 100K mark and renewed EXP for another year. Late in the evening on 7/19, I rechecked my acct, and found that 8 evips were in my bank (they were not there earlier). :) In the past, the posting of evip's was never this fast. ^^^for aa.

Strange thing happened to me. I got an EVIP in the CC forum to upgrade a flight last January. When my EVIPs posted after making EXP (for the first time) I noted that one was listed as 'used'. I called AAdvantage here in Ireland and it took some time for them to realise that I wasn't EXP back in Jan and couldn't offer any explanation as to why I had an EVIP deducted from my account, even though someone else applied it.

I've gotten in contact with the person that I got the EVIP off and waiting to see if one was deducted from his account around that time.

Not sure if I'll get that EVIP back (technically I should). I'm waiting for a agent to call me back.

LAXjoe Jul 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by paulmcgrath (Post 12095396)
Strange thing happened to me. I got an EVIP in the CC forum to upgrade a flight last January. When my EVIPs posted after making EXP (for the first time) I noted that one was listed as 'used'. I called AAdvantage here in Ireland and it took some time for them to realise that I wasn't EXP back in Jan and couldn't offer any explanation as to why I had an EVIP deducted from my account, even though someone else applied it.

I've gotten in contact with the person that I got the EVIP off and waiting to see if one was deducted from his account around that time.

Not sure if I'll get that EVIP back (technically I should). I'm waiting for a agent to call me back.

You'll get it back. I had the exact same thing happen a few years ago when I finally made EXP.

dartagnan Jul 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by ttervooren (Post 12094795)

I think I have this problem too. I'm still not sure which of my miles / trips are missing, just that some are.

headinclouds Jul 21, 2009 12:36 am

What is the best way to resolve an issue with a flight not posting correctly, email or phone? Only 1 flight had to be posted manually to my account, and that is the only flight where the extra EQM's have not been posted.

mvoight Jul 21, 2009 12:53 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 12095287)

Until this year, they weren't even viewable online.

GTITAN Jul 21, 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds (Post 12097528)
What is the best way to resolve an issue with a flight not posting correctly, email or phone? Only 1 flight had to be posted manually to my account, and that is the only flight where the extra EQM's have not been posted.

Dealt with this myself as detailed extensively below just yesterday. Short answer, complexity seems to require calling. YMMV. Long answer and good story set forth below.

This exact issue happened to me, and I dealt with it just yesterday as a matter of fact. Interestingly, I did not even know that there had been a manual posting. To explain further, I had some flights on June 1 and June 2 that by my calculations had not posted DEQM for them. I called a couple of times and got the obligatory, "It is too soon" just wait response from CS AAdvantage Agents. That's no sweat I am already an EP, so was in no hurry to get the miles to post just wanted to make sure that they did as it would push me over the top for EP re-qualification for this year.

Anyway, when folks on the board said that there miles had posted over this last weekend, and mine did not I put in another call to AAdvantage CS. I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes. It took both a very apologetic phone agent and her supervisor a long time to rectify the problem as they had to calculate, override, etc. Anyway, she told me that once manual posting gets involved that the system will not automatically post the related DEQM bonus. Accordingly, I would advise calling as it seems one needs a host of people involved which phone presence may help. Just be prepared to hang in there for a few minutes.

End to the long story, my remaining DEQMs posted and I am now at 102,304 EQMs which matched my tracking predictions via my handy "EXP 2009 Excel Spreadsheet" which I use to track! Big Shout out to AA!

Safe Travels.

CMK10 Jul 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Add me to the list of people who recieved theirs today. It bumped me a good 5,000 miles and should make my Gold requalification really easy.

cover point Jul 21, 2009 3:32 pm

i am on my way to the first ever EXP (after an international trip this fall ). The DBEQM has done nothing for me (I have 75K EQP's but only 64K EQM .... despite some asia travel during the EQM period).

Wish they had give double points ... i may have gotten closer to EXP already :)

albutt27 Jul 21, 2009 4:10 pm

I got the update too!

I'm at 95k EQM, I should be EXP by the end of the month. Horrrayyyy!!!

ttervooren Jul 22, 2009 6:45 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds (Post 12097528)

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 12098306)
Dealt with this myself as detailed extensively below just yesterday. Short answer, complexity seems to require calling. YMMV. Long answer and good story set forth below.

This exact issue happened to me, and I dealt with it just yesterday as a matter of fact. Interestingly, I did not even know that there had been a manual posting. To explain further, I had some flights on June 1 and June 2 that by my calculations had not posted DEQM for them. I called a couple of times and got the obligatory, "It is too soon" just wait response from CS AAdvantage Agents. That's no sweat I am already an EP, so was in no hurry to get the miles to post just wanted to make sure that they did as it would push me over the top for EP re-qualification for this year.

Anyway, when folks on the board said that there miles had posted over this last weekend, and mine did not I put in another call to AAdvantage CS. I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes. It took both a very apologetic phone agent and her supervisor a long time to rectify the problem as they had to calculate, override, etc. Anyway, she told me that once manual posting gets involved that the system will not automatically post the related DEQM bonus. Accordingly, I would advise calling as it seems one needs a host of people involved which phone presence may help. Just be prepared to hang in there for a few minutes.

End to the long story, my remaining DEQMs posted and I am now at 102,304 EQMs which matched my tracking predictions via my handy "EXP 2009 Excel Spreadsheet" which I use to track! Big Shout out to AA!

Safe Travels.

Agree with GTITAN...make a call. I had the same 45 minute experience, a bunch of that time on hold while the supervisor checked and calculated. At first the CS Rep asked a supervisor who said the miles had posted. I said OK, but I'm still missing 2,551 miles let's see if we can find which ones have not posted...I have a spreadsheet and can list all my flights for you. When she came back from the supervisor this time, they were happy to just add the 2551 miles. No need to go over the flight detail. Just be pleasant and patient.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jul 22, 2009 6:47 am

Originally Posted by albutt27 (Post 12101792)
I'm at 95k EQM, I should be EXP by the end of the month. Horrrayyyy!!!

I will also requalify by month end:p. Also, I so look forward to early next year when the "will AA bring back DBEQM" thread will commence:eek:!