FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/932963-deqm-its-baaaack-2x-eqm-3-18-6-15-2009-consolidated.html)

kimasabe Jul 13, 2009 7:33 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 12057059)
I'm pretty confident that there were also quite a few posts in this thread recommending that you not make your plans based on "several rumors in this thread" Did you miss those posts?

Regards

Perhaps I missed it but I don't see where blout1 was making any plans based on rumors.?? They just seem to be looking for their mileage to be posted - quite often a slow and frustrating experience with AA.

The reality is that these "rumors" are in fact spouted by AA C/S. I have heard dates such as July15, July 6, and most recently July 10 - or sometime over the weekend - as posting dates for the last batch of miles from this promo. All from AA C/S themselves. Also, the mileage has supposedly been for flights after May, June 2, or June 6. Take your pick. AA C/S does not seem to have a firm, let alone consistent, answer to this query. When it comes to mileage, most of us are rightfully "sticklers" for making sure it posts - hopefully in a timely manner.

Timely for AA is always delaaaayed when it comes to posting (Ever wonder why it takes your account being down all weekend for you monthly summary to update? Or why Plat upgrade stickers take so long to post after earning but come out of your account the same day they are used?) Bad programming, antiquated sytems, or something more nefarious? Who knows? Your answer is as good as mine.

I wonder how much time the C/S reps have spent on dealing with this one question? Regardless, this seems to be one of those instances where the mileage will post at some unknown time and date when AA decides to post it.

brp Jul 13, 2009 7:40 am

Originally Posted by kimasabe (Post 12057274)

Timely for AA is always delaaaayed when it comes to posting (Ever wonder why it takes your account being down all weekend for you monthly summary to update? Or why Plat upgrade stickers take so long to post after earning but come out of your account the same day they are used?) Bad programming, antiquated sytems, or something more nefarious? Who knows? Your answer is as good as mine.

I wonder how much time the C/S reps have spent on dealing with this one question? Regardless, this seems to be one of those instances where the mileage will post at some unknown time and date when AA decides to post it.

So, if they say 6-8 weeks and don't do it faster than that (but in the time period specified by some rumors in this thread) then they are delayed? Considering that both this year and last year (AADER) they posted ahead of their announced scheduled, I'd be hard-pressed to call them late, much less "nefarious," despite a bunch of wishful thinkers here.

I'd venture to say that they have not received many calls beyond a few FT folks since most other people would be able to read and comprehend the T&Cs for the promotion. And, despite what we think, there are not enough of us to matter.

Cheers.

gemac Jul 13, 2009 7:44 am

Originally Posted by metzby (Post 12056631)
Well, I thought they might do the DBEQM miles at the same time they do the other account tallying. One customer associate on the phone told me they'd run the rest of the DBEQM miles on July 6th. They say 6 to 8 weeks, but that's to give themselves room so that if something goes wrong they'll have time to try again before they hit 8 weeks and are out of compliance with their terms.

Since you have been reviewing posts in this thread, you surely noticed this one:

Originally Posted by gemac (Post 11899875)
The last activity to receive DBEQM were flights that appeared on statements Saturday morning, April 18. Flights that were posted to accounts at about 2 AM Sunday, April 19 should have their DBEQM posted before 2 AM Sunday, June 14, the 8 week mark.

What is surprising is that AA is running this right down to the deadline. Never heard of Murphy's law, I guess.

That is, in fact, exactly when they posted, early morning on June 14. They did not "give themselves room so that if something goes wrong they'll have time to try again before they hit 8 weeks and are out of compliance with their terms."

You also surely noticed this post:

Originally Posted by gemac (Post 11910219)
With a "flights posted" cutoff date of around June 5 or 6, I would expect the next posting to be 8 weeks from that cutoff date (that's what they did this time - waited until the last possible instant). That would put the next posting around July 31 or Aug. 1.

You also noticed that for the last posting, there were AAgents giving every conceivable date, and FT members posting predicting every conceivable date. Your selecting that one date seems overly optomistic.

It will not be necessary for our members to post to this thread periodically asking if anybody has gotten their miles posted. Based on past experience, such an event is hardly likely to go by without comment. Lots and lots of comment.

mikeef Jul 13, 2009 10:19 am

I spoke to AA customer service today and the nice lady on the other end of the phone told me that they were supposed to run this past weekend but there was a problem with the batch. She said to check back next week.

Mike

dstan Jul 13, 2009 11:01 am

Unnecessary personal exchanges have been deleted. Everyone would be well advised to take some time now to review the FlyerTalk Guidelines:

Personal Attacks - link to this guideline
We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with another member, challenge the opinion or idea - not the person. Personal attacks, insults and "flaming" will not be tolerated and will be removed, and the violator will be subject to disciplinary action. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Attacks against groups or classes of job holders (such as Transportation Security Administration employees) will not be tolerated.

Do not retaliate or respond to a personal attack. Too often, when an initial attack is made, others join the fray and, instead of becoming part of the solution, become part of the problem. Do not accuse others of being trolls. Should there be members whose posts you don't care to read, you can put them on your ignore list. To do that, click on MyFlyerTalk and then on Buddy/Ignore Lists in the Miscellaneous section on the left-hand side of the page. Enter the name of a FlyerTalk member in one of the fields under Ignore List and click the Update Ignore List button.

If you feel that you are being attacked or harassed, contact a moderator.

/Moderator

scubadu Jul 13, 2009 11:51 am

Perhaps I missed it but I don't see where blout1 was making any plans based on rumors.?? They just seem to be looking for their mileage to be posted - quite often a slow and frustrating experience with AA.

Actually, I'm quite comfortable with my post, as worded.

If someone wasn't "planning" for something pending the outcome of DBEQM, then it likely wouldn't matter whether the posting of said miles were either slow or frustrating, nor would they likely attach angry "emoticons" to there post.

Furthermore, the rest of your comments actually helped make my point; the rumor mill here for posting dates is wildly inaccurate. They will post when they post.

Regards

Indo-flyer Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm

The reality is that these "rumors" are in fact spouted by AA C/S. I have heard dates such as July15, July 6, and most recently July 10 - or sometime over the weekend - as posting dates for the last batch of miles from this promo. All from AA C/S themselves. Also, the mileage has supposedly been for flights after May, June 2, or June 6. Take your pick. AA C/S does not seem to have a firm, let alone consistent, answer to this query. When it comes to mileage, most of us are rightfully "sticklers" for making sure it posts - hopefully in a timely manner.

Good post. Thanks!

Indo-flyer Jul 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 12058195)
I spoke to AA customer service today and the nice lady on the other end of the phone told me that they were supposed to run this past weekend but there was a problem with the batch. She said to check back next week.

Mike

AA cs previously told me July 9th. There is still hope for my July 24th flight.

lotusdog Jul 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Just hoping that June 6th, 7th and 14th post before July 27th. Only need one, but likely all will post. :)

JimAtl Jul 18, 2009 8:04 am

The double EQM's have posted.

bdemaria Jul 18, 2009 8:06 am

Originally Posted by JimAtl (Post 12085337)

Yes, it appears they have.

scubadu Jul 18, 2009 9:33 am

Originally Posted by JimAtl (Post 12085337)

Originally Posted by bdemaria (Post 12085341)
Yes, it appears they have.

Thank the Lord! (or insert your favorite higher power, deity or Hollywood star) Perhaps now we can stop yacking about this. Er... that would be too much to ask right? I guess now we have to start the "Mine didn't post properly...", "Mine haven't posted yet..." etc. posts.

BTW, for a little perspective; there was a great deal of wasted energy on this thread attempting to predict when the DBEQMs would post (both batches). Numerous "an AA CS rep told me..." and so on. As best I can tell neither of the actual dates that the batches posted on were very accurately predicted (I don't recall seeing July 18th as one of the "AA told me..." dates) Perhaps there is a lesson in there somewhere for future promos, no? (again probably too much to ask for on FT)

Well, congrats to all those that haven't been sleeping at night over this, perhaps everyone can get some rest now! ;)

Regards

oklAAhoma Jul 18, 2009 9:42 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 12085637)
Perhaps there is a lesson in there somewhere for future promos, no?

Hope truly springs eternal, I see.

scubadu Jul 18, 2009 9:57 am

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma (Post 12085678)
Hope truly springs eternal, I see.

Indeed, yet I know with great certainty that my spirit will be crushed soon enough...

Regards

oklAAhoma Jul 18, 2009 10:16 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 12085728)
Indeed, yet I know with great certainty that my spirit will be crushed soon enough...

As Nietzsche once asked, “How much truth can a spirit bear, how much truth can a spirit dare?" :D