Wiki Posts
Search

Tax refund on AAward ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2008, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAPlat,QF,SQ,KE ,SPG,OZ
Tax refund on AAward ticket?

I am thinking of canceling an award ticket to Europe- the cost of the trip may be too much at the moment. If I cancel it, I know I have to pay 150, and I'll get the miles back into my account. I assume that the taxes are refunded to the credit card I used to pay them with. Am I right?

Also, about how long does it take for the miles to be arrive back in my account? I am thinking of using some of them for a much shorter trip, closer to home, unless the market has a huge rally shortly!

Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Yes, you get your taxes back to the original form of payment.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by johnkennett
I am thinking of canceling an award ticket to Europe- the cost of the trip may be too much at the moment. If I cancel it, I know I have to pay 150, and I'll get the miles back into my account. I assume that the taxes are refunded to the credit card I used to pay them with. Am I right?

Also, about how long does it take for the miles to be arrive back in my account? I am thinking of using some of them for a much shorter trip, closer to home, unless the market has a huge rally shortly!

Thanks.
It usually doesn't take too long for the miles to be re-credited. I'd say 72 hours at the most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.