FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   I had a 25MM on my flight! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/837814-i-had-25mm-my-flight.html)

Fraser Jun 23, 2008 6:52 pm

I had a 25MM on my flight!

On my flight from JFK-ORD yesterday F was very lightly loaded as the flight was very delayed. Upon disembarking the guy in 4E almost slaps me around the face with his backpack as he puts it on and I see a rather battered EXP tag on his bag right at my eye level...with a 25MM circle on it! As a 50-something he did try to impress the young ladies across from him telling them all about the different airlines he'd flown in First Class when we were disembarking. :rolleyes:

I don't make a habit of looking at people's baggage tags but this was dangled right in my face. Got to be pretty high on AA's list of highest lifetime earners. Wasn't that IBer on the NBC show at 31MM at time of filming?

777-DCA Jun 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser (Post 9927098)
I don't make a habit of looking at people's baggage tags but this was dangled right in my face. Got to be pretty high on AA's list of highest lifetime earners. Wasn't that IBer on the NBC show at 31MM at time of filming?

I think it was 31MM, or maybe 41MM. Either way, I plan to shoot for the sky and hopefully will get one of those tags one day. ^

ndhapple Jun 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser (Post 9927098)
On my flight from JFK-ORD yesterday F was very lightly loaded as the flight was very delayed. Upon disembarking the guy in 4E almost slaps me around the face with his backpack as he puts it on and I see a rather battered EXP tag on his bag right at my eye level...with a 25MM circle on it! As a 50-something he did try to impress the young ladies across from him telling them all about the different airlines he'd flown in First Class when we were disembarking. :rolleyes:

Good Lord. 25 Million Miles?! AA should give him his own seat and EXP for life or something. I can't imagine 25 million miles (but then I only fly 50-60k a year).

CAL PHL FLYER Jun 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Why would this impress you..id be more impressed with someone like a doctor who has skills..not somone sitting in an airplane seat..@:-)

Steph3n Jun 23, 2008 7:33 pm

The way AA counts it could be 500 miles on a plane and 25 million in Citi credit.

Fraser Jun 23, 2008 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER (Post 9927266)
Why would this impress you..id be more impressed with someone like a doctor who has skills..not somone sitting in an airplane seat..@:-)

Where did I say it impressed me? As others have said it could be a fortune charged to the Citibank card, although he'd need to be at least Gold to do that.

I just know from watching that CNBC documentary that 31MM (or maybe 41MM) was in 2006, the highest earning AAdvantage member, and I don't think I've seen anyone here list anything more than 10MM in their profiles...

At a guess at that level you're probably in the top 50 (if not higher) or lifetime earners. Lets face it, we're always interested though not necessarily impressed by superlatives.

alien Jun 23, 2008 7:48 pm

I'm impressed no matter how they were accumulated. :)

NM Jun 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser (Post 9927335)
... and I don't think I've seen anyone here list anything more than 10MM in their profiles...

Not everyone puts the lifetime MM earning in their FT profile ;)

cstead Jun 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n (Post 9927286)
The way AA counts it could be 500 miles on a plane and 25 million in Citi credit.

Just charge all the legal, IPO, and overhead fees through the Citi card:D

melampus83 Jun 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by cstead (Post 9927852)
Just charge all the legal, IPO, and overhead fees through the Citi card:D

Or one heck of a divorce battle! :D

cynicAAl Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm

our corporate pilot charges all his jet fuel purchases on his AA Citi MC, about $ 20,000 per month.

mvoight Jun 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by NM (Post 9927499)
Not everyone puts the lifetime MM earning in their FT profile ;)

Of course, one doesn't need 25MM to put 25MM in their profile :)

lotta_skymiles Jun 24, 2008 12:08 am

Like there's something wrong with that?

bdemaria Jun 24, 2008 12:35 am

That's enough to impress me.

chanp Jun 24, 2008 3:13 am

wow, thats alot of miles. im about to go over 1mm, dont know when ill make it to 20+mm