I had a 25MM on my flight!

 
Old Jun 23, 08, 7:52 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Posts: 18,125
I had a 25MM on my flight!

On my flight from JFK-ORD yesterday F was very lightly loaded as the flight was very delayed. Upon disembarking the guy in 4E almost slaps me around the face with his backpack as he puts it on and I see a rather battered EXP tag on his bag right at my eye level...with a 25MM circle on it! As a 50-something he did try to impress the young ladies across from him telling them all about the different airlines he'd flown in First Class when we were disembarking.

I don't make a habit of looking at people's baggage tags but this was dangled right in my face. Got to be pretty high on AA's list of highest lifetime earners. Wasn't that IBer on the NBC show at 31MM at time of filming?
Fraser is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 8:13 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: WAS - (BWI/DCA/IAD)
Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Posts: 3,086
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
I don't make a habit of looking at people's baggage tags but this was dangled right in my face. Got to be pretty high on AA's list of highest lifetime earners. Wasn't that IBer on the NBC show at 31MM at time of filming?
I think it was 31MM, or maybe 41MM. Either way, I plan to shoot for the sky and hopefully will get one of those tags one day.
777-DCA is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 8:17 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Posts: 593
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
On my flight from JFK-ORD yesterday F was very lightly loaded as the flight was very delayed. Upon disembarking the guy in 4E almost slaps me around the face with his backpack as he puts it on and I see a rather battered EXP tag on his bag right at my eye level...with a 25MM circle on it! As a 50-something he did try to impress the young ladies across from him telling them all about the different airlines he'd flown in First Class when we were disembarking.

I don't make a habit of looking at people's baggage tags but this was dangled right in my face. Got to be pretty high on AA's list of highest lifetime earners. Wasn't that IBer on the NBC show at 31MM at time of filming?
Good Lord. 25 Million Miles?! AA should give him his own seat and EXP for life or something. I can't imagine 25 million miles (but then I only fly 50-60k a year).
ndhapple is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 8:28 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,898
Why would this impress you..id be more impressed with someone like a doctor who has skills..not somone sitting in an airplane seat..
CAL PHL FLYER is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 8:33 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ACT/GRK/DAL/ABI/MIA/FLL
Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Posts: 23,478
The way AA counts it could be 500 miles on a plane and 25 million in Citi credit.
Steph3n is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 8:46 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Posts: 18,125
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER View Post
Why would this impress you..id be more impressed with someone like a doctor who has skills..not somone sitting in an airplane seat..
Where did I say it impressed me? As others have said it could be a fortune charged to the Citibank card, although he'd need to be at least Gold to do that.

I just know from watching that CNBC documentary that 31MM (or maybe 41MM) was in 2006, the highest earning AAdvantage member, and I don't think I've seen anyone here list anything more than 10MM in their profiles...

At a guess at that level you're probably in the top 50 (if not higher) or lifetime earners. Lets face it, we're always interested though not necessarily impressed by superlatives.

Last edited by Fraser; Jun 23, 08 at 9:07 pm
Fraser is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 8:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,434
I'm impressed no matter how they were accumulated.
alien is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 9:26 pm
  #8  
NM
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Posts: 9,837
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
... and I don't think I've seen anyone here list anything more than 10MM in their profiles...
Not everyone puts the lifetime MM earning in their FT profile
NM is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 10:51 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SJC/SFO/OAK
Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,107
Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
The way AA counts it could be 500 miles on a plane and 25 million in Citi credit.
Just charge all the legal, IPO, and overhead fees through the Citi card
cstead is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 11:05 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Gold, EVA Diamond
Posts: 1,071
Originally Posted by cstead View Post
Just charge all the legal, IPO, and overhead fees through the Citi card
Or one heck of a divorce battle!
melampus83 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 08, 11:29 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Posts: 6,981
our corporate pilot charges all his jet fuel purchases on his AA Citi MC, about $ 20,000 per month.
cynicAAl is offline  
Old Jun 24, 08, 12:07 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW/DAL
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Posts: 19,313
Originally Posted by NM View Post
Not everyone puts the lifetime MM earning in their FT profile
Of course, one doesn't need 25MM to put 25MM in their profile
mvoight is online now  
Old Jun 24, 08, 1:08 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum
Posts: 53
Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
The way AA counts it could be 500 miles on a plane and 25 million in Citi credit.
Like there's something wrong with that?
lotta_skymiles is offline  
Old Jun 24, 08, 1:35 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SJC/VCE
Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Posts: 10,159
Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
The way AA counts it could be 500 miles on a plane and 25 million in Citi credit.
That's enough to impress me.
bdemaria is offline  
Old Jun 24, 08, 4:13 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FAT, LHR
Posts: 6,558
wow, thats alot of miles. im about to go over 1mm, dont know when ill make it to 20+mm
chanp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread