FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/828002-2008-route-cuts-changes-etc-check-here-updates-consolidated.html)

moman Aug 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Broken connections from TPA

I've been flying TPA-MIA-PHL in the AM and after Sept. 3, there are no valid connections due to the TPA-MIA flight being pushed back 20 minutes and the MIA-PHL flight pushed up 30 minutes. I wish AA would have more connecting options from TPA but that's the way of the world.

mktozd Aug 25, 2008 11:53 am

Dropping the HNL route is going to push all the premium Hawaii traffic to United. Moreover, for many business travelers who save up for their trip to Hawaii with miles it makes United look a lot more attractive.

envgeo Jan 2, 2009 8:15 am

DFW-SBA

I have searched but haven't seen it posted. Is American Eagle discontinuing non-stop service from DFW-SBA? I see it loaded in the system all the way up to April 5th. After that all flights are shown as going through LAX.

I called American and the agent confirmed that the non-stop is being eliminated sometime in early April.

laurajoyce Jan 2, 2009 10:09 am

We also got confirmation the other day. Very disappointing for us as we use that flight a lot and the new schedule for it was particularly convenient. (although it's really quite a long flight to be in that little RJ) My husband sent an email to AA lobbying for it, which I'm sure will do no good but it made him feel better.

formeraa Jan 2, 2009 10:12 am

Originally Posted by laurajoyce (Post 10998318)
We also got confirmation the other day. Very disappointing for us as we use that flight a lot and the new schedule for it was particularly convenient. (although it's really quite a long flight to be in that little RJ) My husband sent an email to AA lobbying for it, which I'm sure will do no good but it made him feel better.

AA does, in fact, read all the letters sent in and have reversed route decisions based on customer feedback. So, I would encourage you to send in a separate letter as well as have any friends or relatives write in.

mvoight Jan 2, 2009 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by laurajoyce (Post 10998318)

Letter writing to AA won't do it. More people flying it or a government/business subsidy. So, he should tell the local government how important the flights is and get more people to fly it. If the loads increase by April, they might reconsider. After all, it is all about the money, nothing personal.

Re: FormerAA - Why would they do it based on customer feedback rather than actual sales? If the flight isn't making money, how is letter writing going to make it profitable?

zman Jan 2, 2009 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 10237729)
If you mean non-stop, then MIA as well. If you mean destinations with connections through the foregoing, then many!;):D. Safe Travels.

I don't think the club is in Jeopardy.it is nice, small and friendly and at a good AA location.
AA feeds premium intenational traffic through MIA, DFW and ORD from ATL.

Joka Jan 5, 2009 3:09 pm

Someone posted at one time a complete schedule of flights that AA has. I think it was a PDF? It showed all flights from every city, times, #'s etc...
I have looked and looked on AA and searched here and must be totally daff since I can't find it. Can someone post the link please?? Thanks!!

ValiantFlyer Jan 5, 2009 3:13 pm

Not sure if this is the one that you're looking for
http://www.trvlink.com/download/oneworld/oneworld.pdf

It's under Travel Information, Timetables and Downloads on aa.com

FWAAA Jan 5, 2009 3:16 pm

http://www.aatimetable.com/aa.pdf

Joka Jan 5, 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA (Post 11016683)

Thanks, that's the one! I was on the AA timetable page, but still couldn't find it :(

Thanks to Valiant flyer also!

SuzanneSLO Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

I saw on the local news that AA is pulling its SBA-DFW route in April. Never tried the route and I am not sure I could stand to be on a CR7 for that long, but it takes away another option for AA flyers here on the CA Central Coast who still miss AA at SBP. -- Suzanne

formeraa Feb 13, 2009 8:59 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 10999276)
Letter writing to AA won't do it. More people flying it or a government/business subsidy. So, he should tell the local government how important the flights is and get more people to fly it. If the loads increase by April, they might reconsider. After all, it is all about the money, nothing personal.

Re: FormerAA - Why would they do it based on customer feedback rather than actual sales? If the flight isn't making money, how is letter writing going to make it profitable?

Letter writing can, in fact, help. I agree that it won't help if the flight is terribly unprofitable. However, often, AA has to make decisions about allocating planes on marginally profitable routes. In those cases, letters can certainly help and have sometimes led to changes in route decisions. Heck, it costs 42 cents plus a few minutes of time. Why not try it and, at least, let AA know that your community is interested in maintaining the service?