Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com Can Not Validate My Street Address

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:37 am

Location: Bklyn, NY. ex-UA 1P, ex-US pref, ex-CO plat, ex-DL sil, ex-HH dmnd. Presently Free Agent
Originally Posted by Blumie
What's your source for this information?

I'm not buying it. Several years ago I moved into a newly constructed house on a newly created street and had no problems whatsoever.
I believe the reason you didn't have a problem was the address is new, so it was appended onto the list. Old(er) addresses run into the problem. It looks like the system works by checking against nine digit zip codes for an exact address match.

How I know about the reference list:

1. From a conversation with a AA Dining CSR manager when I got frustrated as heck trying to get thier system to accept my address. The previous owner used an apt#, I don't

2. From dealing with other companies that use the same DB, or what not. The day before I posted I hit the same glitch ordering from Walthers, a firm that manufactures model trains. The CSR got frustrated when thier ordering system kept kicking back my address. I told him to put in the old Apt no. in and voila! Order accepted
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:09 am

Please forgive my jumping onto an old thread but it's a new annoyance for me -- AA.com refuses to allow me to update my address. Our building is over 3 years old.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
The building age has nothing to do with. My last building was at least 20 years old and same poroblem. You just have to call aadvantage customer service and have them enter it and problem solved. The are more then use to it by now.

Pain in the a$$ but it's nothing new.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:31 am

Had this - had to change my address to a friends in order to receive my credentials.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Glad I ran into this thread. Just moved into a new house on a new(er) street. Checking AA.com, thought the new addy had stuck - but apparently not. On the phone right now.

ETA - CS got it pushed through.

Last edited by Flyer_70; Dec 22, 2010 at 8:57 am
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Glad I ran into this thread. Just moved into a new house on a new(er) street. Checking AA.com, thought the new addy had stuck - but apparently not. On the phone right now.

ETA - CS got it pushed through.
Yes but they told me that too and I had to change my address to a friend's (now my wife) address.

Stay on top of it.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SaksFirst Plat (hey, if we're listing loyalty programmes....)
Originally Posted by UKAAFAN
Yes but they told me that too and I had to change my address to a friend's (now my wife) address.

Stay on top of it.
Agreed. I had the same thing happen to me, where I had my address "pushed through" several times by CS, to no avail, and ended up having everything sent to my business address. Oddly enough though, my husband has had no issues receiving his at our home address...maybe AA doesn't like me.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKAAFAN

Stay on top of it.
Originally Posted by ugorightigoleft
Agreed. I had the same thing happen to me, where I had my address "pushed through" several times by CS, to no avail, and ended up having everything sent to my business address. Oddly enough though, my husband has had no issues receiving his at our home address...maybe AA doesn't like me.
Will do. But the correct address did show up on the AA website - are you saying it changed back after awhile?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
FWIW, I had the same issue, used the online email link instead of calling, address was properly updated and I have been receiving correspondence and credentials there for months without issue.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SaksFirst Plat (hey, if we're listing loyalty programmes....)
Will do. But the correct address did show up on the AA website - are you saying it changed back after awhile?
The correct address was on the website in my account, but it wasn't recognised in the system, at least for mailings. They sure accepted it as my billing address for purchases, though!!!!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ugorightigoleft
The correct address was on the website in my account, but it wasn't recognised in the system, at least for mailings. They sure accepted it as my billing address for purchases, though!!!!
AAwesome(tm).

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. If my future mailings get forwarded from the old address, well I'll know for sure. :-:
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:02 am

AAwesome(tm).

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. If my future mailings get forwarded from the old address, well I'll know for sure. :-:
Yep, exactly. Be warned, it took me almost a year to straighten this out!!!!! Keep calling back and eventually something will stick. Best of luck!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Although it probably will not help in some of these cases, I would make sure that you are using the USPS standardized address format. Go to http://www.usps.com, and click on the "Find a ZIP code" tab. Input your mailing address, and then see what the website returns as your standardized address (with ZIP+4 code). Then, try using that exact address on AA.com.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
There are systems to valid an address against the USPS database. It's reasonable to do that to standardize it and correct any obvious misspellings. But it's stupid to reject addresses because they don't validate this way. The USPS database is not perfect and isn't always up to date with new streets and street name changes. And that assumes AA is keeping the software up to date.

I would check your address at the USPS web site and see how it handles it.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Add on based on recent comments: my address is USPS validated and AA still didn't accept it on the website. As previously mentioned, once it was added manually by ACS, it's been smooth sailing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.