Wiki Posts
Search

Other person's PNR in "My Reservations" at aa.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Weird: Unknown person's PNR in "My Reservations" at aa.com

The weirderst thing just happened, I logged into aa.com to OLCI for tomorrow's trip, and noticed one strage reservation among all my future trips in aa.com:
One SJC-LAX-MIA-LAX-SJC for today (first leg in the air as I type this), returning to MIA tomorrow. Only one PAX flying, name completely unknown to me, under a different AAdv number (unknown as well). There is no reference to my name or AAdv# in this page at all.

Does anyone knows how this reservation ended up in my profile? I haven't accessed aa.com in a computer other than my own in a long time, so that is ruled out.... of course, someone could hack my aa.com password and book this ticket, but why would anyone do that?... should I call aa and inform them of this? or is this a known glitch of aa.com? I don't see how this could affect me... am I missing something here?

PS: after googling the PAX name, it turns out she is a girl from one of MTV's reality shows... this keeps getting even more interesting....

Last edited by gabrielbf; Sep 28, 2006 at 10:21 am
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:26 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Happens occasionally. I've never heard a reason. Just call web services (800-222-2377) and they'll take care of it.

Alternatively, have some fun and try and f@$k with the reservation.

Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Happens occasionally. I've never heard a reason. Just call web services (800-222-2377) and they'll take care of it.

Alternatively, have some fun and try and f@$k with the reservation.

Cheers.
I would definitely set her up for a middle seat in the last row.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Presidents Club
Or Upgrade her using your stickers !

Hey, She is an MTV girl (I am assuming hot :-) ), I would upgrade her so that she can return the favor
Let us know what happened.
Cheers,
GRR_Flier
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors DIA, Fairmont GLD they make me feel special!
Originally Posted by gemac
I would definitely set her up for a middle seat in the last row.
Or cancel the reservation! How evil are we all? Or log on to that website where you can meet other single travellers on your flight and find someone really charming for them to sit beside.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmxbboy
Or cancel the reservation! How evil are we all? Or log on to that website where you can meet other single travellers on your flight and find someone really charming for them to sit beside.
I'm not evil enough to cancel her reservation. But I might call up, say I am her agent, present them with a very unreasonable set of demands, cop an attitude and ask "do you know who she is??!" For amusement purposes only.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:43 pm

Click Cancel

I would just click the Cancel Itinearay and let the person with that PNR suffer lol. Nah Just get the extra miles!!!!
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:01 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danielonn
I would just click the Cancel Itinearay and let the person with that PNR suffer lol. Nah Just get the extra miles!!!!
What extra miles

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:40 am

I would book the same flights as her and sit next to her. Hopefully I get on her show too Who knows, this might be my big break
Old Sep 29, 2006, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by brp
What extra miles
I think he's assuming the PNR is in there because the OP's aadvantage # was (accidentally) used in booking. Therefore maybe miles will post to his account.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 8:48 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
I think he's assuming the PNR is in there because the OP's aadvantage # was (accidentally) used in booking. Therefore maybe miles will post to his account.
But the OP specifically mentions that this PNR was listed under a different (unknown) AAdvantage #. So this just becomes a reading issue.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.