FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Mysterious Promo codes: AA100/AA200/AA400 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/545976-mysterious-promo-codes-aa100-aa200-aa400.html)

Hoc Apr 9, 2006 10:00 am

How interesting. The system says I'm already registered for all of the codes -- and I never registered for a single one before.

ejm Apr 9, 2006 10:48 am

just successfully registered for all 4 AA and the 1 EU - got conf emails for each of them individually

We will see what happens - could be good

MacGuruTX Apr 9, 2006 11:34 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Odd... I got the emails, and each of the 4 had a different code listed.

Such wishful thinking going on in my head right now.....

Ditto.

I dont' have an AA cc and didn't get the promo either... Oh to see behind the curtain :p

ExtraInRedShirt Apr 9, 2006 11:57 am

ALL DOMESTIC AA FARES EARN FULL MILEAGE INCLUDING O & Q!

Looks like you you may need to change your sig soon ;)

brp Apr 9, 2006 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt
Looks like you you may need to change your sig soon ;)

Why is that?

Cheers.

vasantn Apr 9, 2006 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Why is that?

I noticed that strange language too.

"excludes fares beginning with Q, S, N or O and all other fares defined as ineligible for standard AAdvantage mileage accrual"

It seems to imply that Q, S, N and O fares are not eligible for standard AAdvantage mileage accrual, whatever that means.

IceTrojan Apr 9, 2006 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
I noticed that strange language too.

"excludes fares beginning with Q, S, N or O and all other fares defined as ineligible for standard AAdvantage mileage accrual"

It seems to imply that Q, S, N and O fares are not eligible for standard AAdvantage mileage accrual, whatever that means.

I took it to mean "Q/S/N/O (el cheapo fares) and fares that don't accrue miles (award tix, consolidator, non-rev).

The "other" seems extraneous.

vasantn Apr 9, 2006 1:46 pm

I took it to mean "Q/S/N/O (el cheapo fares) and fares that don't accrue miles (award tix, consolidator, non-rev).

The "other" seems extraneous.

Exactly. That's the word that bothers me. Poor command of the language, or a Freudian slip? Time will tell. :)

IceTrojan Apr 9, 2006 2:18 pm

Just got off the phone with AAdv CSR, and some interesting tidbits:

-He couldn't pull up the info on AA300 and AA400, saying they must be super-special offers. He did state that he "knew" AA300 was specifically for GLD, and AA400 for PLT.

-For EU100, he pulled the terms up, and it said that one "earns a 15K bonus for every two transatlantic segments." He even stated that the italics emphasized that part on his screen.

-He said that if I could register for all these promos (he could see them on the screen), then I am eligible (didn't even bat an eyelash at the fact that they may be in conflict with each other). Of course, I made sure to ask that he made a note in my record stating that he told me I was eligle for ALL those promos. He also thanked me for flying AA, since AA seems to think so highly of me (uh oh, is this a red flag? ;))

This guy didn't seem like the "I should hang up" kind of fellow. Anyone else wanna call and ask to be sure?

logicalrealist Apr 9, 2006 2:23 pm

He did state that he "knew" AA300 was specifically for GLD, and AA400 for PLT.
-He said that if I could register for all these promos (he could see them on the screen), then I am eligible

Hmm... I'm definitely not PLT and my GLD is stuck in some sort of strange limbo-land (long story that will probably bring me here asking for advice soon if AA CS can't get it fixed shortly), but had no apparent trouble registering for AA300 and AA400, whatever they are.

oec Apr 9, 2006 2:54 pm

I'm EXP and was able to register for all four, so none are restricted to "just" GLD or PLT. Maybe they're for GLD and up. Who knows.

I still don't know what AA300 and 400 are for, but if I start seeing bonus miles pour in I'll be sure to let everyone know. :)

DutchMember Apr 9, 2006 3:43 pm

Eu200

So I registered for the EU100 promo, and received a confirmation email saying:

'Thank you for registering for the EU200 promotion on AA.com'

:confused:

Does anyone know what this promo is?

IceTrojan Apr 9, 2006 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by DutchMember
So I registered for the EU100 promo, and received a confirmation email saying:

'Thank you for registering for the EU200 promotion on AA.com'

:confused:

Does anyone know what this promo is?

Odd... I tried EU200/300/400 yesterday, and it didn't let me. My confirmation email for EU100 stated just that.

Are we registering for promos that AA isn't ready for yet? :D

miesterjustin Apr 9, 2006 5:17 pm

Odd... I tried EU200/300/400 yesterday, and it didn't let me. My confirmation email for EU100 stated just that

Keeping track, I got the following response as an EXP:

AA100, AA200, AA400, EU100 -- Success

EU200 -- The promotional code you entered is not valid.

markdkc Apr 9, 2006 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by miesterjustin
Keeping track, I got the following response as an EXP:

AA100, AA200, AA400, EU100 -- Success

EU200 -- The promotional code you entered is not valid.

Just registered successfully for AA100, 200, 300, and 400 +EU100.

For us land-locked folk in the Hearltland, the AA promotions can be very good as we connect to most everywhere other than ORD and DFW.