Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:57 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Ding Ding Ding.

I agree. Not about 'doing right by those of us who paid'. It is 'give people a taste, then take it away'...THAT'S the way to get the enrollment up.
The general populous flies a few times a year (if that)--I doubt that a one time use of P-C would prod someone to lay out cash (and submit to an interview) to become a TSA P-Cer.
Slightly related: EZPass (for drivers) allows a quick pass through tolls on hwys. in the system. For example, on the NJ TPKE, at nearly all the rest areas drivers can enroll and get an EZPass tag immediately (NO background checks either), yet at many toll barriers you see huge lines of cars in the cash lanes--while EXPass holders zip right through.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Why is it that some people think that PreCheck is some license to hijack an airplane? PreCheck is sufficient security to prevent hijackings and midair desctruction of aircraft by pax.

So what if some Jihad Jenny is given PreCheck screening? What is it that she can get past PreCheck that cannot also get past the MWW & shoe carnival?

Originally Posted by carlosdca
This is nonsense. The only requirement was to be frequent flyer (EXP, etc).
You can have a US citizen turned terrorist (or terrorist turned citizen) fly for one - five years, get EXP, get TSA PRE...boom!!! hijack a plane.
9/11 was not planned last minute and there are reports it started being planned in 1995 (6 years prior).
Flying a lot or being elite without an issue really does not prove anything.
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Wow that seems really scary. What would keep anyone from hitting the button, and if not given "precheck" to smuggle something thru, decided they "forgot" something in their car and then leave?

That seems incredibly stupid to have something like that (if it really does exist as described).
Don't get me wrong - I also want the "clueless shoe removers" kept out of PreCheck but don't mind FFs so much. My support for including pax other than TTs in the line is inversely proportional to how much they slow the line down.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
(Of course - I had earned it - a random SSSS on ZRH departure - but I have to admit the guy and gal doing the secondary were most courteous and efficient.)
At the risk of generalizing, at nearly all foreign airports I have entered, the security people take their job seriously, there's almost no irrelevant personal chatter/kibitzing between agents and they are most courteous.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by swag
Since AA has my KTN, why are they sending me the email?
AA has my KTN, and they didn't send me the e-mail...
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its likely just a mass email to all members with an AAdvantage account. Not sure why some got and some did not.

I have AAdvantage account that I have never used. I have KTN associated with that account. I never opted in through the account and I still received the email. I have flown AA twice but credited to Alaska.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
AA has my KTN and sent me the e-mail twice - once for my AA account, and once for my US-turned-AA account. My two balance out your zero.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
All 4 of us have GE (and 2 of us are elite who opted in also) and all 4 of us received the email notice.

My guess is yours is sitting in your spam folder somewhere.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
(FWIW, ive only missed TSA pre when the birth date gets corrupted in the record... )
My first name gets shrunk to 10 characters whenever a SWU clears. This seemed to stop pre-check working for me, until recently. On my recent flights pre-check has worked even when my name has been shortened.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Good riddance. Dump anyone without a KTN from the Pre✓ lanes. I can't tell you how many clueless people I see starting to disrobe and pull out liquids, gels, laptops, shoes, etc.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
Good riddance. Dump anyone without a KTN from the Pre✓ lanes. I can't tell you how many clueless people I see starting to disrobe and pull out liquids, gels, laptops, shoes, etc.
+1
Good sign at DEN North Security this morning. No funneling of kettles and nothing but Pre✓ qualified this morning.
There was also a Pre✓ checker at the top of the lane making sure non-Pre✓ pax wouldn't enter.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
Originally Posted by cmd320
Clueless people annoy me, too. But there are plenty without a KTN who have opted in to pre check since the start. Some of whom aren't eligible for a KTN.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Same here.

I assume AA sends it to anyone that was in the op in program.

I mean AA doesnt know if you are thinking "im going to let my GE expire next month since I already get it from AA"

(FWIW, ive only missed TSA pre when the birth date gets corrupted in the record... )
Has anyone based out of LAX had any luck after applying for this "new" PreCheck , in trying to complete it using the "walk in" approach?

I've already made an appointment( earliest one is 3 weeks from now), but I only live 2 miles from LAX and one of the offices is in Terminal 1, was thinking about just popping in.

HP
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ChrL
Clueless people annoy me, too. But there are plenty without a KTN who have opted in to pre check since the start. Some of whom aren't eligible for a KTN.
There should not be anybody in Pre who would not be eligible for a KTN unless something has happened between the time TSA selected them from the carrier's offering and now.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HighPotter
Has anyone based out of LAX had any luck after applying for this "new" PreCheck , in trying to complete it using the "walk in" approach? I've already made an appointment( earliest one is 3 weeks from now), but I only live 2 miles from LAX and one of the offices is in Terminal 1, was thinking about just popping in.
HP
Not sure about LAX but SFO has a prominent "No Walk Ins" sign.

Despite that, we did sort of "walk in" a couple of weeks ago. Mrs. SFO had been getting the big X on every arrival and CBP officers suspected bad fingerprints. They weren't busy and re-took her fingerprints.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by Often1
There should not be anybody in Pre who would not be eligible for a KTN unless something has happened between the time TSA selected them from the carrier's offering and now.
Indeed, it's the other way around - there are people who qualify for GE (and hence a KTN) that don't meet the requirements for TSA Pre as originally defined (specifically, non-US citizens, even those without a greencard or non-resident visa, can get GE).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.