FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Cathay Pacific / CX (inc. First and Business Class) award (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1641808-archive-cathay-pacific-cx-inc-first-business-class-award.html)

Bacopa May 28, 2012 6:30 pm

CX F Availability shows up on BA but rep claims n/a

I just called the AAdvantage reservation to change my booking and checked availability through BA's website. The flight shows one available seat in F class, but when I called the rep claims that there are no seats available (F, J or Y). Does this seem right?

Stripy May 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Bacopa (Post 18656491)
I just called to change my booking and checked availability through BA's website. The flight shows one available seat in F class, but when I called the rep claims that there are no seats available (F, J or Y). Does this seem right?

This would seem like a question for either the CX or BA boards.

Bacopa May 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark (Post 18656603)
This would seem like a question for either the CX or BA boards.

Thanks. I'm redeeming through AA so I figured this is the right board for the question. Can a mod transfer this post please?

Thanks again.

utpharmdoc May 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Hang up and call again

justforfun May 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Call back. I've been in the same situation before and I've politely insisted that there should be a seat available and then the agent does something different and voila, it's available.

Bacopa May 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. Called again, and I got the same answer. :(

I'll try my luck later in the evening.

Bacopa May 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun (Post 18656622)
Call back. I've been in the same situation before and I've politely insisted that there should be a seat available and then the agent does something different and voila, it's available.

How exactly were you able to persuade the agent? Thanks

FOX85 May 28, 2012 7:18 pm

There is one lady at aa which always says there is nothing. I got her about twice and both times she claimed there is absolutely nothing in December. I call back and there was availability every week. One of their reps is really bad. Not only that I knew she was lazy because it took her about 2-3 seconds and then she says nothing is available for the entire month of December.

Call back and you should get someone more helpful.

AA_EXP09 May 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Flight numbers and dates nighty help.
Do you have any status with AA?

Bacopa May 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 18656671)
Flight numbers and dates nighty help.
Do you have any status with AA?

Unfortunately, no! I'll try to see if giving them the flight no helps. Thanks

Bacopa May 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Could it be the case that BA's website has not been updated yet? Tried again with no luck. :(

Bacopa May 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Finally got someone nice enough to look through flights. Got the flight I wanted booked. Thanks everyone for all the advice!

JDiver May 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks for keeping us informed!

We've left the thread here, as it is about award travel using AAdvantage miles on a partner. We may merge it onto the current appropriate thread.

/Moderator

Originally Posted by Bacopa (Post 18656769)
Finally got someone nice enough to look through flights. Got the flight I wanted booked. Thanks everyone for all the advice!

KVS May 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by pssteve (Post 18654225)
Tried last night for CX F seats in Feb of 13 on cx.com. No dice. Said to come back at 6 months.:(

You need to call CX Res for seats assignments beyond 6 months:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.0/Diamond - Amadeus Enhanced Seat Map: 13 Feb 2013/CX 830/HKG-JFK/77W/First]
Code:

A  |  D  |  K   
 1  P      +      P   
 2  X      +      X   

[+] Available    [P] Preferred  [G] Galley
[-] Unavailable  [X] Blocked    [|] Isle

matteu312 May 29, 2012 1:42 am

re: travelling to singapore on Cathay using aa miles

Good day i am new to this forum and a novice at redeeming aa miles on asian flights. Could someone please give me some pointers?

Where is the best place to find the itinerary as it doesnt seem to be on aa.com

Approx how many miles is it to fly first class Miami to singapore

Approx how many miles is it to fly first class from Hong Kong to miami

Flights and mid october. any help appreciated