Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Invitation to the new CDG Admiral's Club inauguration

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Invitation to the new CDG Admiral's Club inauguration

Just received a nice invitation to the official inauguration on the new Paris-CDG Admiral's Club due to take place on September 25th, from 2 to 4pm.

Anyone else invited?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
No invite, but this is welcome and seriously overdue news. The old AC in the basement of CDG 2A was, IME, far and away the worst lounge in the AA system. Look forward to seeing this in October^
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
no invite, but I'll definitely be using it on the 26th while waiting for my MIA-bound flight. This could not have come at a more convenient time.
I'll take some pictures and give you guys a report if I don't see anything beforehand.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat4Life 3.9mm, UA, BA, Intergalactic Spacelines
Great news!!! I'll be there on the 28th.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Don't waste your time with this one, Cathay Pacific lounge right next door is much better.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Valmiki
Don't waste your time with this one, Cathay Pacific lounge right next door is much better.
Have you been to the new AC already, or are you making this claim only because it's almost certainly true?

(I'm departing CDG on Wed. If the new AC is open, I'll pop in before heading to the CX lounge for some made-to-order noodles!)
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I liked the old AC.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by Blumie
Have you been to the new AC already, or are you making this claim only because it's almost certainly true?

(I'm departing CDG on Wed. If the new AC is open, I'll pop in before heading to the Cathay Pacific lounge for some made-to-order noodles!)
I was there approx 2 weeks ago. I didn't bother to go in the AC since the food and drink options at the Cathay Pacific lounge is much better. I have been to many ACs before and Cathay Pacific is better than all. I also passed through the Cathay Pacific lounge in T3 at Heathrow which is also superior to the AC at T3.

BTW, the best lunch and breakfast in a lounge that I ever had was at CX.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
I liked the old AC.
I did too, but I haven't been there in a number of years...since before BA moved to T2-A. Perhaps it's gone downhill since then....
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thierry
Just received a nice invitation to the official inauguration on the new Paris-CDG Admiral's Club due to take place on September 25th, from 2 to 4pm.

Anyone else invited?
I'd do a MR if I was invited

Interesting timing though for this inauguration. 2-4 PM. Most of AA flights out of CDG depart before 2:00 PM. As far as I know, the only AA flight departing later is AA 121 to JFK at 5:00 PM. Must be a very select crowd that was invited!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Must be a very select crowd that was invited!
Like those who live in Paris....
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by austin_modern
If I wasn't flying out that day, I certainly wouldn't deal with the logistics to get to the airport, get through security, and then head home during rush hour, in the middle of the week (it's a Wednesday) for a 2 hr inauguration party.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:48 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Well, you're not all that far (maybe 300 miles) from Paris. Oh wait...that Paris? Never mind

Cheers.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA, United
I am looking forward to visiting the lounge... I fly on September 24th but I believe that it is already open. I did not mind the previous lounge in 2A though I welcome views of the outside!

I would like to try Cathay lounge but I don't think I can invite someone there (I am an AAdvantage Citi Executive). Maybe one day I fly by myself.

dC
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by Valmiki
^

I poked my head into the new AC in before last Wednesday's AA 121. The Cathay lounge feels more spacious and has more comfortable seating and better refreshments. I'd skip Cathay's buffet lunch, which looked dried out by 3 pm, but try the noodles.

The Cathay receptionist helpfully pointed out that the AC was right next door but gave me absolutely no argument when I told her that I was looking forward to those noodles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.