FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   FEBO vs reserving your entree in advance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1453635-febo-vs-reserving-your-entree-advance.html)

Max M Mar 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 20508411)
Meals? What meals?

Well considering I've actually never flown US, is their snack basket the only option on all domestic flights with F, including flights 3.5 hours+ ?

If it's the case where US doesn't serve meals for it's US flights [mildly ironic?] doesn't US serve meals in Envoy/J/F on flights to Europe/Brazil?

Surely they have some order to how those meals are served, hence my original question(s) about US prioritizes/orders meal service.

sluggoaafa Mar 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by TxnTravlr (Post 20505783)
Was on a flight mid-March that had pre-orders available, and when FA came by to ask what we would like for lunch, we informed her that we had chosen online. She very quickly informed us that she had not yet undergone "training" on that system and didn't have the ipad (or similar?) required for it... so, don't expect that it will be available on your flight... FEBO is still the best plan.

There is no FA training for the pre-order. As DCAStudent suggests, it's printed on the pax list when the FA comes through the cabin. No tablet is needed.

Originally Posted by LINDEGR (Post 20506038)
I love most AA FAs. I am actually concerned about fellow travelers. What if I change my mind from say pasta to beef and then there is not enough beef for others that pre-ordered beef just because I had better FEBO seating? I think if one pre-orders, they made their bed and now need to lie in it.

I was working a flight last week and had several pax who did the Pre-order. When I got to the last row, I acknowledged that I had their orders, but they wanted to change their option and have the other choice. Unfortunately, once you do your pre-order, that is what is catered (most of the time) and you have to take it. Luckily, they understood and were happy with their entree.

Originally Posted by StevenH123 (Post 20508663)
I'm 0 for 6 on my preorders. When I mentioned it to the FAs I generally got a vacant look and sometimes an "umm... we didn't get that list this time." Maybe it works on some routes better than others. All my flights were between NYC and MIA or FLL.

Not all routes and/or stations have the pre-order setup...but I thought I saw somewhere that NYC-MIA was one. Be sure to write to AA.COM and let them know you aren't receiving your pre-order food!

Last October, AA became the first U.S. airline to introduce entrée reservations between JFK and LAX and DFW and LGA, giving First and Business Class customers the option to select their onboard meal between 30 days and 24 hours prior to the flight’s departure.

Around Feb 20th, AA expanded the program to include all Domestic, Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean destinations. The entrée reservations program will make the FAs job easier and also enhance the travel experience for you, our premium class customers, by offering the opportunity to pre-select your preferred entrée prior to the flight’s departure. Later this year, it's hopeful we will gradually roll out to Asia, Latin America and Europe to the program.
Reserve your entree before you fly

I've had it on 2 flights since it's come out, and it's been wonderful to say the least!!!

will2288 Mar 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Max M (Post 20508937)
Well considering I've actually never flown US, is their snack basket the only option on all domestic flights with F, including flights 3.5 hours+ ?

If it's the case where US doesn't serve meals for it's US flights [mildly ironic?] doesn't US serve meals in Envoy/J/F on flights to Europe/Brazil?

Surely they have some order to how those meals are served, hence my original question(s) about US prioritizes/orders meal service.

US certainly does serve meals on some flights. The rule for domestic F is that they serve meals on flights over 3.5 hrs (some exceptions exist). They also, of course, serve meals on Envoy/J flights (FT pedants might chime in with the rare exception). SFO777 was just making a joke, because US has the most restrictive meal rules among US-based carriers.

SFO777 Mar 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by will2288 (Post 20510481)
US certainly does serve meals on some flights. The rule for domestic F is that they serve meals on flights over 3.5 hrs (some exceptions exist). They also, of course, serve meals on Envoy/J flights (FT pedants might chime in with the rare exception). SFO777 was just making a joke, because US has the most restrictive meal rules among US-based carriers.

+1
Indeed, I was making a joke, although no meal on a 6pm MSP-PHX US flight was not a joke. Here's hoping that the US meal standards die with the merger.

Max M Mar 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by will2288 (Post 20510481)

I wasn't sure if SFO777 was making a joke or being serious. Thanks for clarifying. :)

I know US is pretty darned restrictive in terms of food, I was wondering about US's meal order in case AA adopts AA's meal order. It appears from what I understand that AA will keep AA's more generous meal policies over US's.

will2288 Mar 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 20510556)
Here's hoping that the US meal standards die with the merger.

^

I think (based on a few US F flights) meal choices on US are taken by front-to-back.