Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Change Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Award Ticket Change Question

I have an AA Award ticket booked for July. I would like to change it to 2 days later with the same mileage redemption amount. Can I do this without a fee? I know I can on United, but not sure on AA.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum, VX Gold, SPG Gold
Should be able to, as long as the origin and destination stay the same and you don't move the departure date inside a 21 day window of booking the award. Doesn't sound like you're doing that, so you should be fine.

From http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...servations.jsp

Changes to your outbound travel date, resulting in a departure within 21 days

A $75 USD award processing charge will apply for a confirmed change to the date on an AAdvantage MileSAAverŽ and AAnytimeŽ award ticket if the change results in a new outbound travel date that is within 21 days of the original booking date (waived for AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ, AAdvantage PlatinumŽ and AAdvantage GoldŽ members using miles from their account).

Last edited by rborkows; Feb 23, 2013 at 9:08 am Reason: Clarifying the 21 day window.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the award must be available on the new dates.....less of a problem if anytime...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.