Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The new 2014 thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related as of 2013 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by HNL
In which cabin was the cardinal seated? I know the Pope would be in economy. Curious if that has carried through to the cardinals.
Presumably J, as he was not in F, but pre-boarded with premium passengers. (I suppose it's possible he was in economy, but that strains credulity.)
Old May 10, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by chris1979
"convention" was that the "national airline" of the country he is visiting picks him up (whether paid for or 'given') and he flies home with Alitalia.

So it would be LH to Germany, BA to UK etc.

Not sure who carried the pope on last / these sort of US visits.
I thought the pope flew on a specially-fitted Alitalia charter.

http://society.ezinemark.com/private...6af459ba2.html
Old May 11, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
I know this barely qualifies as "celebrity", but "Teen Mom" and newly minted adult, um, actress Farrah Abraham apparently pulled a DYKWIA with an LAX gate agent over an oversized duffel bag:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/11/farrah...x-airport-bag/

Perhaps we need a sub-thread entitled "Skanks Enjoying Their 15 Minutes of Fame Sightings on American Airlines"?
Old May 12, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by phdtomd
Anthony Bourdain was on my flight from DFW to ORD. Nice guy,very chatty. Not knocking the guy but he almost seemed to want to get recognized.
A bit OT but speaking of.. I was just watching his show "No Reservations - Madrid, Spain" and at the 22min mark he is holding his AA PLAT card. You can see the back of it with the phone numbers.
Old May 12, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by ssafro1
A bit OT but speaking of.. I was just watching his show "No Reservations - Madrid, Spain" and at the 22min mark he is holding his AA PLAT card. You can see the back of it with the phone numbers.
There's a thread for everything on FT http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-tv-show.html
Old May 12, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dmbtr3
There's a thread for everything on FT http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-tv-show.html
I should have known someone would have brought this to everyones attention probably when the episode originally aired. Cant get anything past FTers.
Old May 12, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Walked past Jessica Simpson exiting T4 at LAX as I was entering from security on 5/5.
Old May 12, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by SoCalFlyer23
I know this barely qualifies as "celebrity", but "Teen Mom" and newly minted adult, um, actress Farrah Abraham apparently pulled a DYKWIA with an LAX gate agent over an oversized duffel bag:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/11/farrah...x-airport-bag/

Perhaps we need a sub-thread entitled "Skanks Enjoying Their 15 Minutes of Fame Sightings on American Airlines"?
Self redacted
Old May 14, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Dominic Cooper (English actor) at JFK premium check-in on 5/5 (he was off to LHR in F)

Mark Feuerstein (actor) at LAX Flagship Lounge on 5/5/
Old May 16, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
John Lithgow sitting in the SFO club right now waiting on the delayed flight to LAX. I couldn't help but laugh to myself thinking about that scene of him in the Twilight Zone with him looking at the creature out on the wing...and it's raining in San Francisco! I wonder if he has a window seat?

Last edited by TheDudeAbides; May 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm
Old May 16, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by Ron Williams
john Mayer 3J on 762
me in 7J
like, right now
That would be one flight I'd be glad not to be in F. There is no bigger tool in the music industry. Most punchable face in music.

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Yes, those are the names of the non-celebrities I was thinking of... except Lohan, as she's a working actress, no?
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Actress-yes. Working-no.
Soon to be:

Actress - no

Working - yes
Old May 16, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Nuggets' power forward Kenneth Faried in 4E on today's 1242 DEN-DFW, with daughter and GF in 4AB.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Sinbad...Getting patted down after Priority Access TSA @ LAX Terminal 4

HP
Old May 18, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
ESPN's John Kruk in 6A tonight on 455 RSW-DFW.
Old May 18, 2013, 5:00 pm

Paul Walker exiting the AC in Terminal D at DFW earlier today. As he exited the club he thanked the club staff. Seemed like a nice, genuine guy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.