Search

Lounge at DCA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Lounge at DCA

Does AA have one ? Is it worth using?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:06 pm

Yes, they have one. It it certainly better than being in the terminal, but probably not worth buying a day pass unless you will be there for a long time or need to do some important work, or drink some cheap wine.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by riga
See:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...sLocations.jsp
Washington, DC (DCA)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport

Terminal B, Mezzanine level, after Security.

Fax: 703-419-6553

Monday - Friday
5:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Saturday
5:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Sunday
5:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
They have donuts in the morning! They're crappy, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. Er....maybe.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Yes, I suppose they are technically "donuts" just as their cookies are technically "cookies" but there is not an ounce of moisture in either.
It's sort of the AC equivalent of getting socks as a Christmas gift when you were a child.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by phlashba
Yes, I suppose they are technically "donuts" just as their cookies are technically "cookies" but there is not an ounce of moisture in either.
It's sort of the AC equivalent of getting socks as a Christmas gift when you were a child.
Well, considering every AC I ever hit up only has mini-muffins in the AM, never mind I can't recall the last time I had a donut, they were quite the find for me when I first saw them there.

...but yeah, you're right. They definitely require some liquid to swallow them.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:04 pm

I like the donuts! Then again, I also like the mini-muffins. But I think we can all agree the stale cookies are uniformly bad.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by barelyelite
I like the donuts! Then again, I also like the mini-muffins. But I think we can all agree the stale cookies are uniformly bad.
<< sheepishly >> I actually quite like the sugar cookies. They go well with a cup of tea.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
The DCA club is acceptable. The best part is the access to the AAngels! Typical offerings.....snack mix and apples throughout the day, coffee/tea, drinks, etc. Food for sale is available, but be sure to check the sodium and trans fat content! Yikes!

Perhaps the amenities might be upgraded a bit when the nonstop LAX flight begins, to cater to the high-yield pax on this route.

Also, you can bring food from the terminal vendors into the club.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
It's small but rarely jammed or noisy. They use Old Bay seasoning in their excellent bloody marys. And you have a nice view of both the ramp and the main concourse. Nice group of experienced AAngels!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Seconded on their bloody marys, especially ones made my a certain bartender from New Orleans, who is my favorite AA employee in the whole system.

Gave me some good relationship advice when I needed it
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by phlashba
Well, I suppose that technically the grease/lard/oil that they're cooked in isn't moisture. The problem I have with the donuts is the greasy mouth feel, where the grease lingers on my tongue.

Originally Posted by ESpen36
The DCA club is acceptable. The best part is the access to the AAngels! Typical offerings.....snack mix and apples throughout the day, coffee/tea, drinks, etc. Food for sale is available, but be sure to check the sodium and trans fat content! Yikes!

Perhaps the amenities might be upgraded a bit when the nonstop LAX flight begins, to cater to the high-yield pax on this route.

Also, you can bring food from the terminal vendors into the club.
The Aangels are great at both DCA and IAD. Some of the best in the system.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by riga
The DCA club is not remarkably different from all the other domestic clubs. Any differences are minor. The answer to the "is it worth using" depends on who we are talking about, and what their flight situation is on a particular day, so we can't possibly answer that question correctly.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by gemac
The DCA club is not remarkably different from all the other domestic clubs. Any differences are minor. The answer to the "is it worth using" depends on who we are talking about, and what their flight situation is on a particular day, so we can't possibly answer that question correctly.
Has a nice view of the air field. IIRC lots of outlets.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Well, I suppose that technically the grease/lard/oil that they're cooked in isn't moisture. The problem I have with the donuts is the greasy mouth feel, where the grease lingers on my tongue.

The Aangels are great at both DCA and IAD. Some of the best in the system.
^ +1 for AAngels at IAD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.