FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1290891-deqaa-systemwide-double-eqm-eqms-deqm-13-dec-11-31-jan-12-see-faq-1st-post.html)

uxb Dec 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 17621521)
The DEQM systemwide can be combined with another promo, but the CA/IL/TX promo is the one that can't be combined with another promo, so I'd be 99% sure it can't be stacked. I've linked to the CA/IL/TX promo in this post here and requoted myself for anyone curious.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll make another trip to London in January. :)

allset2travel Dec 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Sweet!^:D

Bacai Dec 13, 2011 5:55 pm

NO double-double with DEQ11.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 17621302)
On the ORD/DFW-LAX/SFO promo signup page:

"This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required."

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...N=DblElite.xml

I agree, the answer is NO double-double with DEQ11.

uxb Dec 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by JJOTraveler (Post 17621549)
for all of us DFW people who qualify the 'old school' way by actually flying 100K - there are already to many Exec's out there to compete with.

Maybe at DFW. Not the case at JFK / LAX... at least not from my experience.

daiseee Dec 13, 2011 5:56 pm

We heart Maya... ^

Flyer_70 Dec 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Never mind

ESpen36 Dec 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Fantastic news! I already have booked a ton of MRs to Europe in January. Looks like I will be sitting at 85k EQMs by the end of March! THANK YOU MAYA and the wonderful folks at AAdvantage!!!

RubyVroom Dec 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 17621520)
"Base" basically references the # of EQM you normally earn.

For the SFO-LAX example you cited:
A non-elite would be "actual flown" * 2. For elites, it's "500-mile min" (our base miles) * 2.

Short answer: 1000 miles :)

JY1024: Just what I was hoping, thanks so much.

Ambraciot Dec 13, 2011 6:04 pm

for all of us DFW people who qualify the 'old school' way by actually flying 100K - there are already to many Exec's out there to compete with.

The priority connecting EXPs get over originating EXPs is one of the main benefits of living in a spoke. Since it looks like there will be a whole lot of EXPs in the next couple years it would make sense for AA to consider a new earned tier or sub tier.

TrojanHorse Dec 13, 2011 6:07 pm

thats too bad, you had the DFW/LAX-SFO 2XEQM and us non hubbers (more accurately put Non IL/CA/TX residents) didn't.. evens up the qualification equation a bit if you ask me

Science Goy Dec 13, 2011 6:09 pm

I qualify the "old school way," but will be happy to get my new SWUs halfway through the year instead of at the end. And I don't see how 1 month of DEQM in 2012 will substantially increase the overall number of EXPs.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Dec 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Signed up for this, although I probably won't be taking advantage of it.

ESpen36 Dec 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 17621615)
The priority connecting EXPs get over originating EXPs is one of the main benefits of living in a spoke. Since it looks like there will be a whole lot of EXPs in the next couple years it would make sense for AA to consider a new earned tier or sub tier.

I don't know how you can say with such certainly that there will be "a whole lot of EXPs." In fact, I don't think the ranks next year will be any greater than normal. I think you are greatly overestimating the impact of this promo on the purchasing decisions of the general AAdvantage membership.

Remember: most people are not as neurotic as us FTers.....we don't go wild with this kind of promo and start buying tickets like crazy to maximize EQMs. The thought of asking for time off from work to do MRs during a promo would seem crazy to most people.

Most people are not FTers.....is the bottom line. Most AAdvantage members are not FTers, for that matter.

I think we EXPs will be FINE next year. No cause for concern. Our upgrades should still clear. Our hold times for EXP Desk agents should be reasonable except during large-scale IRROPS. Just like normal. IMHO.

Thunderroad Dec 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Franklybrit (Post 17621303)
Nice promo, but interesting to see whether the soft-landing policy will apply this year for those not requalifying at the next levwl down. Unfortunately I am relying on it, unless a nice transatlantic MR comes up in the next couple of weeks...

I was told by an AAdvantage rep that the soft landing would apply. I'd called recently to see if there was any way to status match or otherwise maintain EXP, since I didn't fly enough this year. She said no, but added an unsolicited assurance that I'd soft land to Platinum.

RubyVroom Dec 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 17621520)
"Base" basically references the # of EQM you normally earn.

For the SFO-LAX example you cited:
A non-elite would be "actual flown" * 2. For elites, it's "500-mile min" (our base miles) * 2.

Short answer: 1000 miles :)

Also, I just realized: if I'm earning 1000 miles for only 338 miles of time in the air, that's actually close to 3x earned. Now to figure out if the turn-around time on the ground makes that a more efficient way, time-wise, to get my last couple thousand miles than flying an extra lap from SFO-DFW...

Thanks again, much appreciated.