FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1290891-deqaa-systemwide-double-eqm-eqms-deqm-13-dec-11-31-jan-12-see-faq-1st-post.html)

LRD Dec 13, 2011 3:55 pm

DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post

Bonus Code: DEQAA

Dates: Travel between December 13, 2011, and January 31, 2012

Offer: Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer!

Travel on American Airlines or American Eagle anywhere we fly from December 13, 2011, through January 31, 2012. You'll earn double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate. It's our way of saying "thank you" for your loyalty!

Code:

Double Elite Qualifying Miles. Everywhere We Fly.
Reach AAdvantage Elite Status Faster

Airline:
American Airlines

Award:
Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles

Bonus Code:
DEQAA
Register today by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Dates:
Travel between December 13, 2011, and January 31, 2012

Offer:
Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer!

Travel on American Airlines or American Eagle anywhere we fly from
December 13, 2011, through January 31, 2012. You'll earn double
elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage
elite status membership - at an accelerated rate. It's our way of saying
"thank you" for your loyalty!

Register for this special offer prior to travel to qualify, by selecting
the red "REGISTER" button below.

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published
fare tickets on American Airlines or American Eagle marketed and
operated flights from December 13, 2011, through January 31, 2012.
This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time
frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible.
 Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of
trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws.
Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity
during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus
elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during
2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does
not increment the member's prize eligible mileage balance, elite
qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles will be
calculated at 100% of the base miles earned. Double elite qualifying
miles will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage
member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your
account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award
tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.
Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance
carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer can be
combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior
to travel is required.

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines or American Eagle marketed and operated flights from December 13, 2011, through January 31, 2012. This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible. Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible mileage balance, elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned. Double elite qualifying miles will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.
Link to aa.com.

-----------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR NOTE:

2/14/12 - AA has sent out emails summarizing DEQAA bonus EQM that have credited through 1/28/12, although at this point, all double EQM should have credited through the end of the promotion, 1/31/12.

2/1/12 - Double EQM reportedly posted for flights thru some time on 1/28/12. Flights thru the preceding Saturdays appear to be posting on Tues/Wed overnight. [Post]

1/25/12 - Double EQM reportedly posted for flights thru some time on 1/21/12 [Post] and sweeps claimed to occur weekly on Tuesdays now by AA employee. [Post]

1/25/12 - KKR has developed a way of using Microsoft Excel to hypothesize your Double EQM earnings here: Tracking Method for DEQAA and DEQ11.

1/18/12 - The second round of bonus EQM have posted for flights through at least 1/14/12. [Post]

1/13/12 - The first round of bonus EQM have posted for flights through at least 1/5/12. [Post] Note that there are NO line items posted in your AAdvantage account when this bonus posts (because there are no associated RDMs), so you must keep careful track of your EQM after each flight to determine when DEQAA miles post.

• Discussion on possible runs to maximize these offers: Share good fares for the 2011-12 DEQAA promotion

• Several FTers will be doing MRs in January; here's a list of the meet-up threads in CommunityBuzz:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...t-january.html

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Can I stack this with other promotions?
A: According to terms and conditions of the promo: "This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions."

Q: Really? Can it even be stacked with the DEQ11 promo for DFW/ORD-LAX-SFO?
A: AmericanAirlines as reported back and said YES! Link to post, further clarification from AmericanAirlines in another post

Q: Do I still get double EQMs on codeshare flights?
A: According to the terms and conditions: "AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines or American Eagle marketed and operated flights..." - i.e., flights with AA flight numbers that on AA metal. (Example: AA flight number with a flight being "operated by British Airways" would NOT qualify for this promotion.)

Q: If I have a flight that is schedule to depart on 31 Jan 2012 but lands on 1 Feb, does that flight still qualify?
A: Yes. The scheduled departure date is what's important - not when you land or when you actually take off (if your flight is delayed).

Q: Eeek! I already have a bunch of travel booked for December and/or January. Will I still be able to get double EQMs if I register now?
A: Yes. According to the terms and conditions: "This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible." Just make sure you register before you actually travel! :)

Q: So how will this promotion affect my elite qualifying POINTS/SEGMENTS (EQP/EQS), Miles Toward Elite Upgrades (MTEU), or Million Miler counter?
A: It won't! This promotion only increments Elite Qualifying MILES (EQM).

magic111 Dec 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Let the discussion begin! :D :D

AA_EXP09 Dec 13, 2011 4:05 pm

What does this mean for LAX-ORD if I signed up for DEQ11 and have EXP?

phazedowt Dec 13, 2011 4:11 pm

I doubt this will be the last one for 2012 (at at least until Ch.11 ends).

Now if only the double EQM from my ORD-SFO from early november would post :mad:

econometrics Dec 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Hot diggity! "This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible."

^^^ :D

LAXgt Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm

This is nice, short period for completion but still nice.

denCSA Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Knew this would be coming about sooner or later due to the BK. There will probably be more next year as well.

This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions.
If this STACKS with the SFO/LAX-ORD DEQM I will be foaming at the mouth :D

arollins Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Not bad.

I was already booked solid until mid February with ORD-SFO. This will be extra. Might actually book another trip this weekend.

econometrics Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 17620892)
What does this mean for LAX-ORD if I signed up for DEQ11 and have EXP?

According to the T&C's... "Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year."

Also: "This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions."

I doubt that would make it "Double-Double". You will likely receive DEQM for LAX-ORD which will count towards 2012 EXP status. If you fly on DEQAA on or after Jan 1, it will count towards 2013 EXP it seems.

Cbass2010 Dec 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Is this targeted? I'm not aa elite and I don't see it on the website. Or maybe it's just not published?

tobyh Dec 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Excellent post OP. ^ Registered 50 minutes before my ORD-LHR flight. ^^

Time traveller Dec 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Surprised to see Christmas and New Years are included in this DEQM.

LRD Dec 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by tobyh (Post 17620961)
Excellent post OP. ^ Registered 50 minutes before my ORD-LHR flight. ^^

You owe me! :D

econometrics Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass2010 (Post 17620955)
Is this targeted? I'm not aa elite and I don't see it on the website. Or maybe it's just not published?

If it was meant to be targeted, it is not anymore since the link has been posted here. :D

I was able to register while logged into my account (I'm PLT), and I also tried in a different browser while not logged in. The page and registration also worked via the link posted by LRD. Seems anyone can register. I did not receive an email on this (yet).

TheBOSman Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Not targeted, I clicked on the link and registered and I am accepted. Awesome since I have 3 RTs in January alone totaling near 20k :-D. Go AA!